Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Irish PB's - July 14th, 2019

Options
  • 22-12-2018 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭

It is back!

We are very happy to announce the 2019 Edition of 'Day of Irish PB's' :cool:

Announcing last year in April, a mere 11 weeks before the gun, we find ourselves announcing in December, over 6 months out. I know mid-July is an eternity away but we want to be ahead of the racing and running curve!

The format in 2018, we felt, was largely a successful one. We will take that blueprint forward, with further races and distances added (one is particularly exciting!)

So, we open entries with an early bird price of 15 euro. As a further thank you, I will send out 5 now famous orange singlets to 5 randomly chosen participants in early January :D

2019 will be bigger, better, faster, more inclusive and as always - 100% runner and spectator focused (with beer and a heap of extras!)

ENTER HERE:
    https://www.popupraces.ie/race/the-day-of-irish-pbs-2019/?fbclid=IwAR3BSbRyZnwW335AM9TjCscJEa-oSoc0-TSQGv73FbYg386Rd5qbK9pa_4Q

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Just signed up to this. Gutted not to make it last year even as a spectator.

Making it a target. Am excite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The above blurb says ‘further distances added’. Any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Murph_D wrote: »

Don't be tryin' to wimp out of a 5K D :D

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Don't be tryin' to wimp out of a 5K D :D

Would love to see a mile on the programme alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Blurb?! Haha!

We are finalising timetable at the moment. If you have an suggestions- fire away! There'll be no ultra lark though.....!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

(When are the results of the entry raffle coming out??)

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

(When are the results of the entry raffle coming out??)

Wednesday.

Raffle details on social media for anyone interested (bribes kindly accepted!)

We received great feedback last year. We were fully aware on the areas that need some attention so it was great to hear positive criticism. As ever - PM me or contact the page if you think you be assistance in anyway. Thanks!

Wednesday.

Raffle details on social media for anyone interested (bribes kindly accepted!)

We received great feedback last year. We were fully aware on the areas that need some attention so it was great to hear positive criticism. As ever - PM me or contact the page if you think you be assistance in anyway. Thanks!

Exciting!

Last year's event was brilliant - I really loved it. Also, your feedback forms were great - I was able to give all my positive feedback and any suggestions on a really clear form. Really well done - can't wait to do it again!

Blurb?! Haha!

We are finalising timetable at the moment. If you have an suggestions- fire away! There'll be no ultra lark though.....!

Blurb! It’s a good word. Used to be a blurbwriter myself, in a previous life. :)

Suggestions? Well I was intrigued at the thought of alternative distances being added, much as I “enjoyed” last year’s sunny 5000. A paced mile and/or 800 might add a bit of novelty if there was any demand. I’d certainly consider those!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

I would also be intrigued by a paced mile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

I'm signed up, hopefully the weather will be kinder. Also spreading the word.

Wottle wrote: »
    I'm signed up, hopefully the weather will be kinder. Also spreading the word.

I hope the weather will be the same! I know it made running hard, but it made for such a great day overall. Beers in the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Raging I'm missing this!

Quick update.

Provisional Timetable now up.

We have added 2 new races - 1 mile: Sub 8/7min, 1 mile: Open Race - Sub 6/5min. All races will be paced. Entries for these open Sunday with all the usual goodies and singlet. Subject to demand we may add one or two more races.

One or two things set to be announced!

Hi,

The paced mile registration doesn't have a paced race pace option, it's just the 5k choices.

Is that something that's due to be corrected?

I wasn't sure from your last post, will there sub 7 and sub 8 pacing?

Thanks!

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Hi,

The paced mile registration doesn't have a paced race pace option, it's just the 5k choices.

Thanks!

On it.

Thanks for that!

Hi,

Thanks!

All sorted now, sorry for the system error!

Really looking forward to this! Will you be having the same pacers this year? They were all great last year!

Really looking forward to this! Will you be having the same pacers this year? They were all great last year!

We hope to have as many back as possible. All did a great job in very VERY testing conditions!

The pacers will again go to 4,200-4,600m. The pacer details 're mile has not yet be decided but I envisage c.1,200m mark.

We will have two clocks one at finish line and one at 200m mark (start). I therefore ban all garmin split watchers :p

All sorted now, sorry for the system error!

Thanks a mill :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill :)

See you there, Laura! Can't wait for our beer and finishers' beer glasses!

I've signed up! Hurray!

Apologies if this is a stupid question and I missed it somewhere in the booking process, but I signed up in the app and I couldn't find where to say I wanted to get a singlet and what size.

Is that at a later stage?

Thank you!

I've signed up! Hurray!

Apologies if this is a stupid question and I missed it somewhere in the booking process, but I signed up in the app and I couldn't find where to say I wanted to get a singlet and what size.

Is that at a later stage?

Thank you!

That should have been included. I'll make sure it is now ALWAYS included. Odd is wasn't!

We will make sure you receive the correct size, don't fret! Thanks for letting me know.

That should have been included. I'll make sure it is now ALWAYS included. Odd is wasn't!

We will make sure you receive the correct size, don't fret! Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you! Maybe I missed it - no worries! I will send you a Facebook message about it. Looking forward to it! I'm tempted to do the 30-minutes one so I'll be finished and drinking beer as early as possible! :)

I’m in for the mile. Look forward to it!

Happy to announce three races for kids -

U10 - 200m
    U13 - 400m
    U16 - 800m

Price? FREE! All that is needed is an adult entry accompaniment.

We suggest a donation - collected on the day - of 5 euro. This will go directly to Barretstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Signed up for this some ways back after missing out on the opportunity to do this last year. Really looking forward to it. Feeling a tad ambitious when I signed up mind you - signing up for the 20 minute group, as I had already bested the 22 minute mark - it was only with the recent announcement of the schedule that I copped there was the 21/22 on it. Adds a bit of a challenge I suppose! :D But yeah, really looking forward to it. Read on with a lot of interest last year and can't wait for it to come about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I’m in for the mile. Look forward to it!

It's too far off for me to commit just yet but this could be the race I've been waiting for.

Are entries limited?

It's too far off for me to commit just yet but this could be the race I've been waiting for.

Are entries limited?

Ah, just sign up!

It will be highlighted when needed 're capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Ah, just sign up!

It will be highlighted when needed 're capacity.

Signed up anyway. Hopefully I can make it. Better get some training in just in case :pac:

My 2019 target was a sub 5 mile. Not there yet but we'll see what the next couple of weeks brings.

Advertisement