Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018/2019 **warning in OP 24/2/19**

• 22-12-2018 8:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A new start

[Continuing on from: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057916385 ]

Admin warning, 26/12/18
    Beasty wrote: »
    Drumpot and Your Airbag - cut the crap or I'll threadban the pair of you

Further warnings 04/01/19:
    Please read the charter:
    see here in particular

If you call anyone something that opposing fans are not going to like (and referring back to that particular incident is going to wind up some Liverpool fans), you can expect sanction

There is an annual Feedback thread when you can air your views. Now drop the discussion of forum rules here
    No more "arse" references guys - you know it will be considered offensive by others, and if it happens again I'll start issuing cards. Any questions, PM me

Thanks

Further warning 24th Feb:
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Cut out the discussion about moderation please. It's against the charter as you well know. This includes in thread responses to this post fyi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My wife just came home and said “5-1 , wtf?” And the said “god Ole has aged a lot in a few days”. He did look wrecked.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The manager just praised the players, repeat, the manager has just praised the players, had a look and nobody thrown under the bus either, what a day.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ole Ole Ole Ole

We're gonna win the 4th!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Econ__

In shock over how the team managed to pull off a performance like that without Harry Maguire tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

And solskjaer's won it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You listen to Rooney there and it really sounds like the club was in a real bad place with Jose and there was such a poisonous environment

Im hoping with Jose gone now, players like De Gea, Martial etc will sign extensions to their contracts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

a1RsJY3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Reckon there's a good chance we'll move up the MOTD schedule after that!

Econ__ wrote: »
    In shock over how the team managed to pull off a performance like that without Harry McGuire tbh.

I know, it's mad.

All is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Headshot wrote: »
    You listen to Rooney there and it really sounds like the club was in a real bad place with Jose and there was such a poisonous environment

Im hoping with Jose gone now, players like De Gea, Martial etc will sign extensions to their contracts
    Hope the intern manager situation doesn't make that much of an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He was like a black cloud over the club. Mood of everyone including fans lifted when he left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

In shock over how the team managed to pull off a performance like that without Harry Maguire tbh.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It was almost Barca like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I thought lindelof was great today. It was like his shackles were taken off and is burst forward now.

I thought lindelof was great today. It was like his shackles were taken off and is burst forward now.

I thought 1-11 were all fantastic.

Such positivity all round even after the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Different sport, but it reminded me of Anderson Silva in his pomp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well I'm shell shocked after that. United playing like United again? Wtf? Fullbacks out wide and nearly further up the pitch than the forward line, is something I haven't seen since SAF was at the helm. And the first time we've scored 5 since the great man retired. But the score line isn't important, because it was all about the intent and desire today. And I did not expect an performance like that. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Another positive, it'll keep the visitors out of the thread for a day or so. Win win!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No doubt he's improved but he lacks the pace and physicality needed to be a top player.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Scholes or Rio on BT they're bad luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That quick passing today

QONVIyz.gif

Haven't seen the likes if it since Anderson was a god in midfield and Tom Cleve 23 of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Remarkable improvement given Ole himself said that he'd only has one session working/talking about patterns of play.

As delighted as I am with the performance, and as delighted as I would be if it continued, you'd really hope it has been because Jose wanted the defensive mindset and approach, and it's not that the players just weren't arsěd.

That said, we outran the opponents for the first time this season, our top three players to touch the ball and top three players for passes completed were herrera matic and pogba. It speaks volumes that in most other games it is our two centre backs. That and the fact that our fullbacks played so high up the pitch were the difference makers in the performance in my opinion.

GGMU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm actually looking forward to watching us play again for once. Will be interesting to see Lukaku will start or not when he's back, maybe even Sanchez will look good for us when hes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Oh and +4 goal difference

tenor.gif

xtal191 wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to watching us play again for once. Will be interesting to see Lukaku will start or not when he's back, maybe even Sanchez will look good for us when hes back.

Cant see lukaku or sanchez starting tbh

Sanchez though has a better chance of starting than lukaku imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

xtal191 wrote: »

Yeah I think the team will never lose or draw another game while Olé is in charge.

It was an improvement from last week but the team just beat Fulham the same score 2 weeks ago and looked clueless a week later with largely the same personnel so I wouldn't be getting ahead of myself.

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah I think the team will never lose or draw another game while Olé is in charge.

It was an improvement from last week but the team just beat Fulham the same score 2 weeks ago and looked clueless a week later with largely the same personnel so I wouldn't be getting ahead of myself.

I’m giving you my spare ticket for the positivity train.

• Advertisement

We beat fulham 4-1

No harm in having a bit of optimism surely or do we all need to toe the line and not be happy still?

I'm looking forward to.rhe next few games I don't care about results I just want to see how the style progresses and build up to the spurs game which will be the first massive test.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

No doubt he's improved but he lacks the pace and physicality needed to be a top player.

If you're a good enough reader of the game, you don't need either of those to be a great player. They obviously help,and if you're not great at reading and positioning they're essential for get out of jail moments.

Some of the best players of the last 10-15 years are not exactly fast or physical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Shaw today in the first 20 mins made 5 savage tackles getting the ball back. But it wasn't just him. Everyone had a bite. I know the players should be ashamed for their performance since the start of the season but if we play like that for the rest of the season I'll be a happy camper.

On the front foot. Attacking. The Man U way. All I can say is

Woke up this morning felling fine.
    Got Man Utd on my mind.
    Ole's got us playing the way we should...oh yeah
    Something tells me I'm into something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ericzeking

That was brilliant, I got emotional looking at the bench celebrating, I have no problem admitting that, maybe it was the nostalgia factor with Ole, Mike Phelen and Michael Carrick, I had a year in my eye for the fifth goal.

The intensity was brilliant hunting the ball down, the pace of the interplay, the defenders coming forward, the passing forward by everyone. The general intent.

There were stray passes and missed touches but that is the whole point...taking risks...having the balls to try something... everything won't come off. Pogba gave the ball away a few times in the first half which could have looked stupid but then he was involved in nearly all the goals with assists or key passes.

You feel we will lose games too but by fook is it fun to watch.

Martial is a beast...no more auxillary left back for you Anto.

That time Lindeloff came forward and set up Rashford for a chance.... F*CK me isn't amazing what is possible when you're not told to be afraid because of how sh!t you are.

I don't give a f*CK about 4th... our team is worth watching again, worth supporting again. Yipee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

First time I've properly looked forward to a game in a long time, was not disappointed, hopefully we can go on a bit of a run over the Christmas period and set up nicely for the second half of the season. I'm sure other teams are going to drop more points like Chelsea have today. Not expecting anything but if we get a run of wins and a bit of confidence anything is possible.

Nice to see Mike back in the dugout, seems to be the experienced head that the young coaches will need during the tough times.

Also, never forget:

fergie-s-balloon.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Econ__

• Enjoyable result

Happy Xmas all

"astradave wrote: »

Also, never forget:

fergie-s-balloon.gif

I’ll never tire of that gif.

Also, I think I have unresolved daddy issues since fergie left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I was more optimistic than realistic in my hope that this was a new dawn for Utd. OLE had what, 3 days or do to prepare and i had hopes for a more motivated team.

I know its only Cardiff and first games mean nothing in the grand scheme of things and its early days but fcuk me that felt good.

Its been awhile since united look so convincing, probably since Everton at home last year.

It was like watching a different team.

I enjoyed it from start to finish. Cardiff may be relegation fodder but they have spirit and make things difficult for opponents at home.

Nothing seemed difficult. We pressed, we were first to every ball and the players look like they enjoyed themselves. Bring on Huddersfield next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Too soon to say I'm excited for PSG in CL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

According to off the ball:

"Alongside the impressive scoreline, there was a notable increase in the distance covered by United's players. For the first time this season, the team had managed to outrun their opponents".

That is insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It was like watching a different team..
    United did trash fulham convincly also

jayo26 wrote: »
    No harm in having a bit of optimism surely or do we all need to toe the line and not be happy still?

I'm looking forward to.rhe next few games I don't care about results I just want to see how the style progresses and build up to the spurs game which will be the first massive test.

There were points during the game today where I did think 'City/PSG would have opened us up there', but you can't be living like that.

Never mind what City or PSG would do to us, we were starting to become whipping boys to the lower-half teams in the PL. I'd look to sort that first in the next few games, and then start to worry about what elite teams might do to us.

Also, we might have beaten Fulham 4-1 recently, but it's a long time since a Man United team put out a performance like today's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Great result. Obviously comes with massive caveats but just nice to have a bit of excitement around the team again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

There were points during the game today where I did think 'City/PSG would have opened us up there', but you can't be living like that.

Never mind what City or PSG would do to us, we were starting to become whipping boys to the lower-half teams in the PL. I'd look to sort that first in the next few games, and then start to worry about what elite teams might do to us.

Also, we might have beaten Fulham 4-1 recently, but it's a long time since a Man United team put out a performance like today's.

To add to this, we beat Fulham with a 45 min performance, we reverted to type in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No way pochettino would have the passion seen on the bench today

Lads played fantastic

Happy Christmas all😊😊😊😊😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Breath of fresh air today..
    Many will have questions as to how players can improve so drastically so quickly, but best left for another day.

Great to see the passing and movement:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Breath of fresh air today..
    Many will have questions as to how players can improve so drastically so quickly, but best left for another day.

Great to see the passing and movement:)

And it's Christmas, so enjoy and hope for better things to come..
    Possibly 6 points in next 2 matches; not pre-empting but achievable..
    Time for a Christmas whiskey..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

New manager bounce. A phenomenon in football since before the age of sky

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement