Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018/2019 **warning in OP 24/2/19**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

This team has great character.

And a virus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

That's an impressive win with all the injuries and Palace putting pressure on after their goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Pity all our rivals won.
    Great result in the end against a good palace side

Another great team performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

In Galway on a work junket watching the spurs game. What a bunch of *****. Didn't check the United result till then end and what a result. Savage. We will get top 4. Chelsea will implode again. Love Ole. Fcuking love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a huge huge win. Great performance given all the circumstances going into the game.

Race for 3rd and 4th in really hotting up now with Spurs loosing the last 2.

Ole continues to impress and is really getting everything out of this bunch of players. Roll onto Southampton now and get another 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭ericzeking

votecounts wrote: »
    Pity all our rivals won.
    Great result in the end against a good palace side

Looks like there are 2 spots in the top 4 up grabs now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Brilliant result. 2 excellent goals by Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Another excellent result.

PSG was a reality check, no doubt about it, but aside from that game Ole has been absolutely knocking it out of the park. The turn around had been nothing short of astounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Spurs are Fierce lucky they pulled a few of those Victories out of their holes in January.

An Arsenal win next weekend would no longer be the disaster I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

As ye know I'm not a fan of McTominay but he was fantastic today.

Maybe we will start seeing the real McTominay under Ole. Couldn't stand him under Mourihno playing CB. He isn't at Matics level but today he was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

It's remarkable the damage a series of shite management appointments has on a squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is that an all time record we broke tonight? Who'd have thought that was on the cards a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

ollkiller wrote: »
    In Galway on a work junket watching the spurs game. What a bunch of *****. Didn't check the United result till then end and what a result. Savage. We will get top 4. Chelsea will implode again. Love Ole. Fcuking love him.

They are shaking alright.

Arsenal next up for them.
    Then away to Southampton who are no push-overs.

And then they're away to Liverpool!

The top 4 race just....got .....very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

bangkok wrote: »
    I love the new part of the song they have added to "ole at the wheel"...... :)

A classic!
    They didnt stop singing it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

When I heard ole got the job i have to say i was surprised, but i love the guy so much thought what the heck . Cant do any worse than we have had.

What an absolute breath of fresh air ... the guys a legend as a player and now manager ....

So happy for him.... genuine great guy ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭ericzeking

A classic!

What's the new line? In work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

ericzeking wrote: »

ysb

• Advertisement

ysb

You smell bad? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Just imagine how comfortably we'd be in the top 4 now if we had got rid of that dinosaur quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

ericzeking wrote: »

Couldn’t make it out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

The thing that annoyed me greatly about Mourinho was that he set his team up to react to the opposition 11. Ole just sets his team up and seems to say you fookin deal with us!! We're developing an arrogance again and I for one love it. Teams should fear us home or away, long may it continue

• A classic!

https://twitter.com/mufcaways_/status/1100875600150048768?s=19

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

acer911 wrote: »
    Couldn’t make it out here

Check out @MufcSongs’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/MufcSongs/status/1100876078611075075?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Unbeaten in 11 league games. 29 points out of a possible 33. 8 wins in a row away from home. Ole came in when morale was at a real low, got the team on his side and implemented a new style immediately.

This is one hell of an audition from Ole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

bangkok wrote: »
    And a virus :)

Yes he’s still there but the anti biotics Ole has given him are helping! I’ve no doubt tho if Ole cuts him off he will become twice as poisonous as he previously was !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This team proves me wrong again, I was really worried about this match but the team just shrugged their shoulders and do what utd do best and dominate and win with ease

I'm lost for words the turn around in this team, the amount of injuries too but they don't care and just continue to show great form.

Ole has done some job on this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Unbeaten in 11 league games. 29 points out of a possible 33. 8 wins in a row away from home. Ole came in when morale was at a real low, got the team on his side and implemented a new style immediately.

This is one hell of an audition from Ole.

This is dreamland stuff tbh. :)

Part of me wants the interim phase to just run....and run.

Premier league interim managers almost always struggle when given a contract.

That said, I think Ole is made of real mettle.
    He is of the club, and everyone at the club loves him. The players especially.

This last week underlines the recurring question mark over Poch.

His teams play some excellent football for sure, but they always seem to wobble on the home stretch.
    By all accounts, they (Spurs) were hopeless tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Serious question. How can Ole now not be offered the job. I can't come up with any reason.

• Advertisement

Ole is going nowhere, as happy as I am there's no need for a knee jerk reaction as good as things are. 12 months ago Mourinho signed a new contract ffs. Let's enjoy it for what it is, still a massive ask to get top 4. We've only caught up, this run has to continue till the end of the season to cement a top 4. Loving it again though

The other name really in the ring is poch, imagine if ole finished ahead of him competing in 3 comps from a -13 point position you couldn't give him the job over Ole

I think its his now barring some unseen collapse in form but still obviously best to wait and see untill the end of the season.

Maybe Ole just has the personality to be able to deal with current footballers egos

Edit:

This site is what I use for looking the table for different weeks handy at times

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2018&min=1&max=17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

As an opposition fan I genuinely hope OGS gets the job over poch.

OGS doing a great caretaker job but just can't see him being a long term success. The only two decent sides faced had ye camping out with a flat back 6 ala Jose which is acceptable to Utd at this moment but won t be acceptable this time next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

redzerdrog wrote: »
    OGS doing a great caretaker job but just can't see him being a long term success. The only two decent sides faced had ye camping out with a flat back 6 ala Jose which is acceptable to Utd at this moment but won t be acceptable this time next year.

Thats not how I recall the PSG and Chelsea games? Or did you mean the spurs game? We were lucky enough there its true.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Well done Rom.

Rashford, Martial and Lingard all out and he steps up.

Very happy for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Thats not how I recall the PSG and Chelsea games? Or did you mean the spurs game? We were lucky enough there its true.

So you disagree?

Ah well, give it the ole I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

So you disagree?

What is your goal here? Whole thread delighted with a nice win with half the team missing and a heap of young players on the pitch and bench. Continues on an exceptional run of form after an awful 18 months. United legend in the dugout. And you are here to be Buzz Killington.

I am sure if we all headed over to the Liverpool thread now to tell them that you will win nothing under Klopp it would be met with similar disdain.

I go back and forth over it I think at times Poch gets an easy ride as he is managing spurs but there is no doubting the talent in the squad that he has so insert any top manager and they should be doing similar

On the other hand this season though he has had to rewrite his playbook a bit given no reinforcements in the summer and has done a good/great job of it with little complaints, if he had gotten another striker, a right back and a midfielder or 2 who knows what they could have done

Then you have ole surpassing even the wildest dreams of what any United fan would have expected so far and has gotten all our players playing better over a decent (season wise) sample size so far

Its gone far beyond what people might say is a new manager bump and he is dealing with things like big losses and injury crisis in a great way so far.

The easy fixture list helped when he first started but we have gone beyond that now into games I was worried about and we are doing well (even better when you look at the injuries)

If he keeps on doing similar he deserves the job but I wouldn't imagine any fans of other teams will give him credit as they will look upon it more rationally or slightly negatively biased as he is a manger with lots to prove

Come next season if he is in the job all fans on both sides will probably be happy and the proof will be in the pudding

So you disagree?

I'd have to believe your post was genuine before the matter of disagreeing could even arise.
    I am sure if we all headed over to the Liverpool thread now to tell them that you will win nothing under Klopp it would be met with similar disdain.

It would be met by moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Rubbish. Against PSG we were direct and went at them and much like the Liverpool game we were disrupted by injuries. Both Lingard and Martial came off at half time and replaced by Mata and Sanchez. Up until that point it was pretty even.

Against Pool we had used two subs in the opening twenty mins and then one of the subs had to come off, and we had to leave an injured player on the pitch just to see out the game. Given all that our keeper wasn't tested and we had the better of the chances.

You trying to claiming these were anything like Jose's park the bus setups is just reaching. Ole has gone with very progressive attacking displays away to Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I see Salah showed up tonight. Top 6 side,you're having a bubble Geoff.

Shearer and lineker, TAA special talent who was rested.for the big crunch game against Watford at home.....

If he keeps on doing similar he deserves the job but I wouldn't imagine any fans of other teams will give him credit as they will look upon it more rationally or slightly negatively biased as he is a manger with lots to prove

To my mind the most rational, coldly logical way to assess the situation is to say that if you have a qualified man doing the job and doing the job well, and if the alternative is to take a complete gamble on somebody who is every bit as likely to struggle as he is to succeed, then obviously you give the job to the man in possession.

If this was a job that you could be sure that a higher qualified candidate would succeed in then there might be good reason to look elsewhere. But it isn't, it is football management, where good managers fail all the time based on a multitude of factors. There is not one single manager you can name that is guaranteed to succeed next season, and in fact most of the possibilities are all complete gambles on a level below the great managers of the past.

The rational choice is simple, there is a man there doing a great job, there is no obvious alternative out there that could do better, so give it to the guy already doing the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Missing so many key players and to come away with a victory like that is very pleasing.

8 away wins on the bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I see Salah showed up tonight. Top 6 side,you're having a bubble Geoff.

Shearer and lineker, TAA special talent who was rested.for the big crunch game against Watford at home.....

Nice of Shaw too let him out of his pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Tbf we were unlucky not to beat the best team in the world with practically 10 men for 70 mins and 3 first half injuries.

To my mind the most rational, coldly logical way to assess the situation is to say that if you have a qualified man doing the job and doing the job well, and if the alternative is to take a complete gamble on somebody who is every bit as likely to struggle as he is to succeed, then obviously you give the job to the man in possession.

If this was a job that you could be sure that a higher qualified candidate would succeed in then there might be good reason to look elsewhere. But it isn't, it is football management, where good managers fail all the time based on a multitude of factors. There is not one single manager you can name that is guaranteed to succeed next season, and in fact most of the possibilities are all complete gambles on a level below the great managers of the past.

The rational choice is simple, there is a man there doing a great job, there is no obvious alternative out there that could do better, so give it to the guy already doing the job.

I disagree slightly Poch has done well enough over a few seasons and has shown he can get a team competing but not winning, he has failed as have his teams in higher pressurised situations something ole hasn't encountered too much

Its also not all about guaranteed results as you say who can predict what might happen but its also about progress and sustainability of said progress, Ole has shown the first but hasn't had the chance to show both, Poch has.

Tbh if Ole keeps this up until the end of the season I want him in the job, but I don't feel its as clear cut a decision as you say.

Its still a gamble giving a manager the job who is unproven over one who is more proven in the long term.

Its also a gamble to give the job to someone else who isn't working with the squad over one who is doing a great job

I personally don't feel one choice is more logically then the other but given its close I want Ole in the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Ah will ya go and ****e

Trying to put a downer on it

You know ole is the man for the job when he has pool fans arse holes quivering with fear

Long may this continue

Ole has to get the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Any injury updates on the guys that missed today’s game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lads. Just ignore and move on...

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Advertisement

No point in feeding it lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement