Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car damaged in car park (Tesco Finglas)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

madmac187 wrote: »
    stedeb wrote: »
    I know what you mean aggressive mouthy types that are clued in to every thing going. Claim culture i don't get it. I hope Karma is real.

I used to live in Australia and spent 50k on a landcruiser, bitch smacked door off it after pulling up so close. Nice dent, I said it to her and she said **** off you foreigner. I got thick and put my little fold up shovel through her radiator.
    Say that went well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭skibum

Feel your pain, I drive a bangernomics P.O.S. that had a load of dents when I bought it, I regularly have to park in the church car park in Dalkey, since then it's had more hits than the Beatles..... I would hate to have to park a half decent car there as it's chances of being physically assaulted are ridiculously high....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Happened me yesterday.
    In of all places the car park of a garda station.
    Was getting a form stamped when I heard a whack. Myself and the guard looked out the window to see an old boy had parked so close to my car - he wasn't even in a parking space, he was on the path!- that in order to get out of his car he was hopping his door off my car. Like that was going to make space or something.
    Old boy comes in to say he was there with the driver of another car he had rear ended and he wanted the guard to come look at the damage he had caused.
    Certainly sir, says the Guard, just as soon as I assess if there is any damage to this woman's car.
    The old boy was insisting he hadn't damaged any woman's car. He rear ended a man's car. Guard pointed out the window and said that car you just hopped your door off 4 or 5 times with considerable force. Then he claims I was over the line :eek:. I was in the space next to the feckin path, well within the line. He parked on the path :rolleyes:

I was lucky - I don't know how but my car was fine. Myself and the Guard were sure there would be damage. She even confirmed she was a witness to the incident if insurance became involved as we were on the way out to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought I was the only one who over think parking. End spaces are best or parking parallel to kerbing. I tend to abandon mine at end of car parks where no one cares except all Immaculate cars who understand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Feel for you

Gimp

Mod note - banned

• Advertisement

DO NOT TAKE UP 2 MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A D/%K. Horrible I know OP but 2 wrongs do not make right. Christmas time worst time to park

Lol id rather look like a dick with a decent car than some ignorant cooooont with some diesel misery wagan wrecking peoples cars they worked like **** to afford.
    Ye ****in ****.

Say that went well

Id say she did ****ing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Public parking is a nightmare.

I’m a lucky chap in that I have only bought new cars in the past.
    BMW3 series, two days old, shopping trolley to the side.
    Audi A6 some dick put his suitcase on the car while I was picking up boss in airport and scraped the hell out of bonnet, that was about 4 months old
    Jeep Grand Cherokee, Parked in my Apartment space in Chicago, one week old, next door parking neighbour keyed it (thank god for security cameras)
    My new car has not been touched (yet) but it is in a car part at the airport while I am home.

People are either stupid or just see something and ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Back in 2011 some dick head accused me of hitting into his car out in Lucan Super Valu. Kicking and screaming about it, got the CCTV footage which clearly showed I didn't hit him. If the camera wasn't there I wonder would my Insurance have paid out despite my claims of not hitting him?

I was hit in a car park in Ballyroan D16 2017, I was in the car and the guy was driving off and I legged it out of my car after him like a Boss blocking his exit from the car park. I needed a new rear bumper and the rear panel pulled to straighten my car out. All done through his insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Parked in another Dublin Tesco about 2 years ago as far away from the ship as you could get in the car park, No one around me till some aul fella pulls in to the spot right beside me. Loads of spaces he could have parked in and left spaces between our cars. His wife gets out of the car and bangs the door off my driver door. Her response was " that wasn't me it was the wind" and then ****s off. Thankfully no damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

neris wrote: »
    Parked in another Dublin Tesco about 2 years ago as far away from the ship as you could get in the car park, No one around me till some aul fella pulls in to the spot right beside me. Loads of spaces he could have parked in and left spaces between our cars. His wife gets out of the car and bangs the door off my driver door. Her response was " that wasn't me it was the wind" and then ****s off. Thankfully no damage.

Why the hell dio they do that. If im still in a space and these type of idiots come, I'll actually drive away to another spot before they get out. . One time I was out of my car getting shopping bags into boot when a woman came and parked to close. So I stood at the front of my car and waited. I think she thought I was going to mug her !!She said "is everything ok" I said"I'm just making sure you don't damage my car, you are a bit close there" well you'd want t to see her trying to squeeze out while holding the door to make sure she didn't touch it. There were loads of other spaces, and I'm not sure why she parked on top of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

48419314_2073762382684661_2602281097932832768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=af31d852f822f5d6b8705175a8881bbf&oe=5C984512

48396367_2073762782684621_3711007921639784448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=01ae0841149069f754cdd68f9b2f6e2a&oe=5CD65108

48429857_2073763296017903_6806739195189526528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=348516880d4cfd1762c08694bf8bf0b0&oe=5C9A4B28

Damage from car Park Askeaton. Co . Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

elperello wrote: »
    Yes a bit late for OP but good advice.
    Kind of limits your use of the car though.
    I usually park well away from the action if driving something special. No embarrassment about taking 2 spaces either.

Same, in the arse of carpark and 2 spots. I have legs and they work. So I dont need to park inside of tescos so I could just fall out of car in to shopping trolley. Some people are so ****ing lazy.
    So far, the worst I seen is Janesboro Tesco in Limerick. People just park right next to entrance and abandoning their cars making a complete blockade. Fat lazy pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

kona wrote: »
    Lol id rather look like a dick with a decent car than some ignorant cooooont with some diesel misery wagan wrecking peoples cars they worked like **** to afford.
    Ye ****in ****.

Charming

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Some drivers use other cars as a guide to help them park, this is the reason you will see cars parked beside each other in an otherwise empty car park. I am really careful where I park and as another poster said I have also left spaces and car parks if I can't find a suitable spot.

Got doored in Ballyroan church car park there recently. White line all the way up the door of my car and left some scratches. I see it everyday and it makes me mad!

Why do people do this and walk away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someone hit mine in an Aldi car park a while back and left some lovely red paint on the back bumper of my blue car :rolleyes:

Granted I scratched it myself during the summer, but that’s beside the point, I didn’t hit another car at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

I was sitting in my car last week when a woman backed into driver's door. She backed across two lanes. Two nasty dents. New door €1000.

shar01 wrote: »
    I was sitting in my car last week when a woman backed into driver's door. She backed across two lanes. Two nasty dents. New door €1000.
    Unreal,if u weren't there chances are she'd drive away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Unreal,if u weren't there chances are she'd drive away
    And another blind spot for the cctv. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

NSAman wrote: »
    ... some dick put his suitcase on the car while I was picking up boss in airport and scraped the hell out of bonnet....
    That happened me many years ago in Dublin airport. I was sitting in my car when a man threw his hardshell suitcase onto my boot while he searched for the keys of his own car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Had a guy at parked way too close at the NCT centre who walloped my door while I was in the car.

Just a scratch he said...

Once he was gone I sat in my driver seat and used both feet to boot my passenger door into the side of his car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Belfast wrote: »
    same thing happen to me today
    In a super marker Supervalu in Askeaton Co. limerick
    Broken head light left side on my Skoda Superb elegance 2010
    Head light broken but still worKing
    Bumper heavy scratched. Seems to popped back in to shap.
    I have trouble tracking down the part.
    1ZS247047-11
    similar parts from 170 to 700 plus

Car park cameras did not catch it.

Too wet and dark to take pics.

c*nt did that to me in a hospital car park when my wife was very ill this year. i park facing out and leave dash cam running . caught his reg , the hit and cctv caught his face . took the dash cam card to guards , guards called him got his number , the c*nt never called me , first i searched his number , got his address on the web via chance good luck , found his car , called around at night , took his insrurance details from his car and sent a claim to his insurer.

called his insurer who said ' he dont remember hitting anything ' - ( he drove in twice , once he hit , reversed back and he parked in same spot )

i said - oh really ? look at the nice video i will send you .

they ponied up the moment they saw it ... and he had lied to them .
    a grand for a scrape and broken panel bracket.

never made contact with him once

stupid arrogant old pr!ck .

ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

i have also hit a car in a car park before and left a note and paid for the damage , so i was really annoyed , but karma was sweet .

NSAman wrote: »
    ... some dick put his suitcase on the car while I was picking up boss in airport and scraped the hell out of bonnet....
    That happened me many years ago in Dublin airport. I was sitting in my car when a man threw his hardshell suitcase onto my boot while he searched for the keys of his own car.
    Bloody eejit,presume u had a word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Had a guy at parked way too close at the NCT centre who walloped my door while I was in the car.

Once he was gone I sat in my driver seat and used both feet to boot my passenger door into the side of his car.

I've done that a good few times in my old car. (which was a bit rough anyway.) I've done it in front of men and women though. Fcuk them. Bizarrely, not one of them ever did anything. They just walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes, he said he didn't realise I was in the car (as if it would be ok otherwise :rolleyes:)

Yes, he said he didn't realise I was in the car (as if it would be ok otherwise :rolleyes:)
    God some PPL,pretty sure it's an English IRISH thing, doubt this would be tolerated in say Germany,etc, although in Paris they don't give a fiddler's

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

pablo128 wrote: »
    I've done that a good few times in my old car. (which was a bit rough anyway.) I've done it in front of men and women though. Fcuk them. Bizarrely, not one of them ever did anything. They just walked away.

If some bloke was in his car, passenger door open, kicking it against the car next to it, I'd walk away too to get a phone reception an call the ambulance, to report someone having an epileptic fit.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

kona wrote: »
    Ye ****in ****.
    Not being one does not make you the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Car now fixed. €227 including labour and vat to replace light with one from a scraped 2012 Skoda Superb
    Paint work not done yet.
    49788102_2095335710527328_9022229041821777920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=ad64d14a97e540d0e6997d60417cfa76&oe=5C911ECF

49533096_2095335777193988_8923962505076670464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=5c469dbdc8a26ba8e6d4ed58d5326504&oe=5CBFAE3E

50046032_2095335870527312_6290368497100783616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=863ba0b66caed35345cc292c5719f643&oe=5CD5EC08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Pkiernan wrote: »

Lmao.
    That's usually the thought I have,. But never had the bálls to do it....

Advertisement