Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for 2 cars

• 23-12-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I am going to insure 2 cars with 2 separate insurance policies in my own name.
    If I was unfortunate to have an incident with one car and made a claim, would I lose my no claims bonus on both policies as both would be in my name?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just the one the claim was made against, although you’d be obliged to declare the claim to the other insurer on renewal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

normanbond wrote:
    I am going to insure 2 cars with 2 separate insurance policies in my own name. If I was unfortunate to have an incident with one car and made a claim, would I lose my no claims bonus on both policies as both would be in my name?

Do you have two no claim bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭320d

how will you get a NCB on the second policy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Some insurers will apply your NCB to a second policy, although I couldn't tell you off-hand which ones.

I have two cars insured on two policies however one is a classic policy and stipulates that the car is only used occasionally and you must have a regular daily driver policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭320d

blastman wrote: »
    Some insurers will apply your NCB to a second policy, although I couldn't tell you off-hand which ones.

I have two cars insured on two policies however one is a classic policy and stipulates that the car is only used occasionally and you must have a regular daily driver policy.

I used have two policies before also. The NCB was "mirrored" onto the second car. However the cost of insuring the second car under this system doubled within a year so I cancelled it and sold the car. Insurance company told me their aim was one car per owner to stop in their words so called named drivers being the actual main drivers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement