Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum rf comms Saab

Options
  • 23-12-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Getting rf comms..saab... fault on rkp,

No leds flashing on saab.

Alarm guy reckoned it's not wireless and is hard wired, from attic ...tap off power cable

This only happened today.

Did happen once before when electric was off for couple of hours but it fixed itself when electric was powered back up.

Advice pls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Getting rf comms..saab... fault on rkp,

No leds flashing on saab.

Alarm guy reckoned it's not wireless and is hard wired, from attic ...tap off power cable

This only happened today.

Did happen once before when electric was off for couple of hours but it fixed itself when electric was powered back up.

Advice pls

If using a power supply to power a wire free Sabb then its always advisable to have a back up battery installed also.
    Can you check if there is power coming from the supply to the bell itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

altor wrote: »
    If using a power supply to power a wire free Sabb then its always advisable to have a back up battery installed also.
    Can you check if there is power coming from the supply to the bell itself.
    Yap i suppose I'll have to climb up a ladder and see if there is an electrical feed there

Yap i suppose I'll have to climb up a ladder and see if there is an electrical feed there

Id say in the attic to the bell to check.
    More than likely a cable to bell from that point.

Id say in the attic to the bell to check.
    More than likely a cable to bell from that point.

Alarm guy reckons saab dropped off line when he flashed system. ! Back on now..all ok....here's one...seems by default that the saab will not activate for a considerable time after the internal bell ...activates on an alarm event ..he has it set to the minimum, I can't see the thinking behind this...hkc ..default it apparently...

My burglar comes in whips RKP , off wall ,during countdown ... ,stops sim from sending...message ....smashes RKP, no internal bell will saab still activate?

Alarm guy reckons saab dropped off line when he flashed system. ! Back on now..all ok....here's one...seems by default that the saab will not activate for a considerable time after the internal bell ...activates on an alarm event ..he has it set to the minimum, I can't see the thinking behind this...hkc ..default it apparently...

My burglar comes in whips RKP , off wall ,during countdown ... ,stops sim from sending...message ....smashes RKP, no internal bell will saab still activate?

Ive never seen a device drop off after upgrading the software on a system. If the bell is connected to a power supply then the LEDs would of been on which should of been noticed. Did he not test the system after the software upgrade?

If the system is set then you would have a tamper event which will activate the external bell.
    Timers on systems are set by the EN50131 standards, all systems would be the same.

• Advertisement

Ive never seen a device drop off after upgrading the software on a system. If the bell is connected to a power supply then the LEDs would of been on which should of been noticed. Did he not test the system after the software upgrade?

If the system is set then you would have a tamper event which will activate the external bell.
    Timers on systems are set by the EN50131 standards, all systems would be the same.

Back to Rf comms fault again after election was off this morning for an hour in estate.

Shoukd this be happening everytime the electricity goes off? Have to pay for another service call?

I asked the alarm guy if the saab led flashes when you use the swalk he said no , he never heard of that, I knew it did , after he left I used that option and leds flashed as I expected ...I paid a lot of money to this guy to do a service call, I'm back at square one again, losing faith, what options have I now?

Am i expected to pay him to come back and fix a fault that occurred after the software was updated, and this error happened couple hours after ??

Back to Rf comms fault again after election was off this morning for an hour in estate.

Shoukd this be happening everytime the electricity goes off? Have to pay for another service call?

I asked the alarm guy if the saab led flashes when you use the swalk he said no , he never heard of that, I knew it did , after he left I used that option and leds flashed as I expected ...I paid a lot of money to this guy to do a service call, I'm back at square one again, losing faith, what options have I now?

Am i expected to pay him to come back and fix a fault that occurred after the software was updated, and this error happened couple hours after ??

Sounds like an issue with the power supply going to the SABB.
    The unit itself would send a restore signal to the control panel once powered back up.
    Did he reset something on the supply to the SABB, can you post a picture of the power supply.

In reality you need a power supply with a back up battery fitted for if this happens.

Sounds like an issue with the power supply going to the SABB.
    The unit itself would send a restore signal to the control panel once powered back up.
    Did he reset something on the supply to the SABB, can you post a picture of the power supply.

In reality you need a power supply with a back up battery fitted for if this happens.

Ya got it back by switching light fuse on and off , he reckons its wired from smoke detector circuit in attic , alarm battery may need changing he says ,,,
    Reckons some relay in saab is not switching when power comes back ..

If hard wired , it's just a replacement battery ,so needed ,I can do it , myself , does that sound correct ..

Ya got it back by switching light fuse on and off , he reckons its wired from smoke detector circuit in attic , alarm battery may need changing he says ,,,
    Reckons some relay in saab is not switching when power comes back ..

If hard wired , it's just a replacement battery ,so needed ,I can do it , myself , does that sound correct ..

Yes there is a battery in the bell that you can replace yourself but that does not solve why bell didn't come back on when mains was turned back on, regardless of the battery it should of come back on. That would point to an issue with the power supply going to it.

Yes there is a battery in the bell that you can replace yourself but that does not solve why bell didn't come back on when mains was turned back on, regardless of the battery it should of come back on. That would point to an issue with the power supply going to it.

Oh ok well maybe I'll leave the battery change so for a while , thks

• Advertisement

Oh ok well maybe I'll leave the battery change so for a while , thks

Up to yourself once its back on line.
    I recommend looking at power supply going to bell as that may be the issue.

Up to yourself once its back on line.
    I recommend looking at power supply going to bell as that may be the issue.

I've checked the alarm cable , and followed it to the power source its connected properly and seems to be tapped off the bell circuit or another transformer, , in attic. If the power supply is not the issue , can I take it the saab relay is not functioning properly? Power issue is only when electric is off very occasionally

I've checked the alarm cable , and followed it to the power source its connected properly and seems to be tapped off the bell circuit or another transformer, , in attic. If the power supply is not the issue , can I take it the saab relay is not functioning properly? Power issue is only when electric is off very occasionally

Cants say with confidence which is the issue.
    If you have a meter you could turn off the mains and check if the sabb is getting power when mains is restored. This will also rule out an issue with power supply if thats the problem.

ok , thks

ok , thks

No problem

Advertisement