Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recovering photos from external drive

Options
  • 23-12-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

So I used Recuva to recover lost photos . However I cannot open the photos as it says that they don't support the file format ( which is JPG )

Anyone know how I can view/save photos ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

So I used Recuva to recover lost photos . However I cannot open the photos as it says that they don't support the file format ( which is JPG )

Where did you recover them to? What are you using to try and open the images?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

mordeith wrote: »

Where did you recover them to? What are you using to try and open the images?
    I recovered them to a separate folder in Dropbox drive and Microsoft photo to open.
    Having no joy.

I recovered them to a separate folder in Dropbox drive and Microsoft photo to open.
    Having no joy.

Is the Dropbox drive on your laptop /pc or cloud based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

mordeith wrote: »
    Is the Dropbox drive on your laptop /pc or cloud based?
    Sorry that was typo error . I used the D drive on PC . I downloaded Recuva and Wondershare recoverit . But neither works

Sorry that was typo error . I used the D drive on PC . I downloaded Recuva and Wondershare recoverit . But neither works

What size are the recovered files? Recuva may be able to recover them completely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Chances are that the data (or parts of it) has been overwritten, even tho recovery software may seem to recover data there is no guarantee that said data is what it should be
    Try opening them with something like http://www.faststone.org/ or https://www.irfanview.com/ and if that doesn't work then they are cyber dust

And in future have an auto cloud backup in place

Advertisement