Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4k PARROT ANAFI drone 279 in Currys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How much was the original bargain price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Thargor wrote: »
    How much was the original bargain price?

€769

Jaysus bargain of the year snuck in right at the end then,well done.

Jaysus bargain of the year snuck in right at the end then,well done.

We'll find out next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

I just got the acknowledgement and processing mails but not the third one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

aaakev wrote:
    We'll find out next week!

SteM wrote:
    I just got the acknowledgement and processing mails but not the third one.

Yeah, I think because the OP ordered before 12, they were able to pack and ship. The balance will have to wait until Thursday at the earliest.

Very promising that his has shipped :)

Merry Christmas All!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Merry Christmas yis lucky gits!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Only reason I didn't order was because I'm broke! I'll wait until 1 if you get bored of it in the new year and buy it from Adverts :D

antodeco wrote: »
    Only reason I didn't order was because I'm broke! I'll wait until 1 if you get bored of it in the new year and buy it from Adverts :D

€500 yeah? Good deal.....

• Advertisement

Seems like a pretty savage drone tbh, regretting missing this now:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Merry Christmas yis lucky gits!

Can imagine you offering it as an option in the funeral service, aerial video footage 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Yes, received 3 emails in total. Order acknowledgement, processing and DPD tracking code.

Will be nice to have it before the weekend ! , ordered mine at 2 PM. Didnt get any tracking number. My son got a cheap one from Santa , i broke it by 10 AM so need to pick up another budget one this week.

Rooy wrote:
    Will be nice to have it before the weekend ! , ordered mine at 2 PM. Didnt get any tracking number. My son got a cheap one from Santa , i broke it by 10 AM so need to pick up another budget one this week.

What did I say? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Seems like a pretty savage drone tbh, regretting missing this now:

If may get seized by customs

lgs 4 wrote: »
    If may get seized by customs

Bought from currys.ie...

• Advertisement

Rooy wrote: »

If you haven't a tracking number yet its unlikely you'll get it by the weekend, if at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

SteM wrote: »
    If you haven't a tracking number yet its unlikely you'll get it by the weekend, if at all.

As long as the money is taking and not pending he’ll get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ted1 wrote:

You won't know that for a few days. And even then, they can refund him that. It's an automated system. Money being taken means nothing.

ted1 wrote: »

He didn't say that the money was taken though?

SteM wrote: »
    He didn't say that the money was taken though?

The money has been taken from my account anyway..

• Advertisement

they tooks my money also.

got confirmation emails before 1pm on Mon.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You won't know that for a few days. And even then, they can refund him that. It's an automated system. Money being taken means nothing.
    No, if it’s taking then the contract is formed. If it’s only pending then they can cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Must be up there among one of the best bargains of the year surely?

Was going to pull the trigger, but tbh, I am only very very recently after selling my mavic pro, and the very reason I parted with it was due to a lack of free time to fly it.

Quality drone by all accounts, fair play to anyone lucky enough to have bagged one.

It's back in stock on the UK site. The wondering continues..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

ted1 wrote: »
    No, if it’s taking then the contract is formed. If it’s only pending then they can cancel.

Not true.. Check consumer issues. This comes up Time and time again. They can still Cancel and refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Basic 101 law. Invitation to treat only.

ted1 wrote:

Yea you haven't a clue what you're talking about I'm afraid. Until it's shipped you have nothing.

And because it's on HUKD there's a likely chance this will be cancelled given the massive numbers that would have ordered there.

RossieMan wrote:
    And because it's on HUKD there's a likely chance this will be cancelled given the massive numbers that would have ordered there.

I didn't see it on HUKD. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

tedpan wrote: »
    I didn't see it on HUKD. :(

I don't think it was there unless I missed it but I did check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

I didn't see it on HUKD either. There were a few posts around the £450 mark.

• Advertisement

basill wrote: »
    Basic 101 law. Invitation to treat only.

That’s the price advertised , the contract is formed when they accept and take your money

ted1 wrote:
    That’s the price advertised , the contract is formed when they accept and take your money

No.

Wrong.

Read more. The contract is formed when they accept and send out your product. Not when an automated system accepts your money.

Many retailers will honour the price as a goodwill gesture, if it's in their benefit to do so.

No.

Wrong.

Read more. The contract is formed when they accept and send out your product. Not when an automated system accepts your money.

Many retailers will honour the price as a goodwill gesture, if it's in their benefit to do so.

The automated system only puts a hold on the system. As I said it’s when they actually take your money is the contract formed. This is what the order is processed. They only take your money Just before they send out the item.

So in your account it’ll move from a pending transaction to a processed one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Sometimes we have to hold our hands up and admit we have made a mistake by unintentionally publishing inaccurate information on the site (e.g. the price, description or availability of a product you have ordered). In this instance we may have to cancel your order at any time, even if you have received your Order Confirmation email, and you will receive a full refund of any charges already paid. Refunds can take up to 5 working days to appear back into your account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Must've stumbled into the consumer forum by mistake.

This literally happens every time a pricing error comes up.

Means nothing unless they ship your order. They can refund you at any time. They can increase the price. It's up to you whether you accept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So no one got it?

Shizker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭userfriendly

m17 wrote: »
    Here are the rules if you are buying a drone
    gfqy7eL.jpg

That's UK rules in Ireland it's 5km

Fieldog wrote: »
    So no one got it?

Shizker

one person who ordered early on Christmas eve (before 12pm?) claimed that they have a tracking number from a courier.

I ordered around 1245pm - got the processing mails and the money was taken from my account but nothing since. allowing for the post-Christmas restart but if I don't get any email by the end of tomorrow I'll assume that a refund is in the works and no dice.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote:
    I ordered around 1245pm - got the processing mails and the money was taken from my account but nothing since. allowing for the post-Christmas restart but if I don't get any email by the end of tomorrow I'll assume that a refund is in the works and no dice.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. We may here something today, although probably tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

Checked currys.ie and the new status for my order is "on hold" so not looking good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

They know it's a pricing error and any orders placed will be cancelled. Those with a tracking number might get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It's at times like this you really wish it was Argos that you were dealing with :o

bromley52 wrote: »
    They know it's a pricing error and any orders placed will be cancelled. Those with a tracking number might get lucky.

I'd agree but sometimes those tracking orders are pre-generated so even those might be cancelled. I ordered and the money has been taken from my account but the likelihood of me receiving one is very low imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Email received "pricing error". Money to be refunded within 5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

Annnd just got the cancellation email. Pricing error, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Cristobaal

I just received the email from currys about order cancellation due to a pricing error. No luck this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hespy

Dear Customer,

We wanted to let you know that there has been a pricing error on our website that affects the order that you placed with us for the PARROT - ANAFI Drone with Controller.

Due to this issue we have had to cancel your order and refund your payment, you will receive further confirmation of this via email once the order is cancelled. Please accept our apologies.

The funds should be back in your account within 5 working days.

If you have ordered multiple items your other products will be dispatched as normal without any delay.We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred retailer on this occasion. We value your custom and hope to be able to help you again soon.

Regards,

The KNOWHOW™ Team

Yeah i got the email too.... that was gun while ot lasted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

me too... Damn not too pleased, had been planning my new years fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement