Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player app technical issues

Options
  • 24-12-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

What is the story with the RTE player app. It's been updated in the last few days and I still can't get it working properly on some of my device's.
    Firstly it started giving trouble on a tablet crashing half way through a programme and I thought this might be because I was using android 5.1 and that maybe it needs a more update android version. So I purchased a tablet with android 7 and the app is still not running smoothly, the programme will start fine but after a few seconds it will start getting choppy and the sound running out of time with the picture.
    The app actually runs fine on my phone which has android 7.
    I only read recently in the player system requirements that the app can run on android 4 and upwards so the android version shouldn't be a problem.
    Out of my 3 device's my phone which would be the most expensive device and the app runs smooth on it but my tablet which has the android 7 has similar spec to the phone and it doesn't run smoothly on it.
    They have 2 to 3 GB of ram and I have 30 gb/s broadband speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I've been trying to get the RTÉ Player app to stream from iOS 12 to an AppleTV but it either hangs at the last ad before the programme or plays the ads over and over.

I've tried waiting until the programme stars and then connecting using the Airplay icon in the app but this just goes the ads to restart.

EDIT: Also under My Profile the My Account and Settings options don't respond to my touch but Help and Sign In do.

Advertisement