Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New games for 2019

Options
  • 25-12-2018 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello i want to make a list of must play game for 2019. Anyone got any suggestion ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

The last of us part II

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seems to be a few new IPs coming next year, and my most anticipated game of next year, so far, is Ghost of Tsushima. Hopefully, it's how I remember playing Tenchu, and if it looks anything like it does in the gameplay trailers, it will be a stunning game! I have faith in Sucker Punch, the Infamous games (well, 1 & 2 anyway) were right up my street, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. And the Sly series before, even though I never got into them myself, they're well regarded.

Biomutant looks interesting, and I've been hanging for a game with a fighting system similar to Sleeping Dogs, which I believe Biomutant is somewhat similar to (melee focussed, but with guns and abilities). I'm keeping an eye on it.

Jump Force is making its way up my radar list, simply due to the inclusion of the One Piece, Hunter x Hunter and Black Clover members (among others). Original story by the writer of the Dragon Ball series, it looks like it could be good. Interesting at least.

And massively looking forward to One Piece: World Seeker. I hope it's the game that One Piece deserves, but will be a day 1 purchase either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Seems to be a few new IPs coming next year, and my most anticipated game of next year, so far, is Ghost of Tsushima. Hopefully, it's how I remember playing Tenchu, and if it looks anything like it does in the gameplay trailers, it will be a stunning game!

Wow! A ps4 purchase in my future. I bought Kengo:Legend of the 9 on a whim for the 360, that was terrible, dont buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I will worry about 2019 games in 2020 :pac:

In 2019 I will discover so many new titles from 2018 that are massively discounted. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Code Vein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Devil May Cry V is currently top of my list for 2019. Been waiting for it for 10 years, and nothing I've seen in trailers has done anything to quell my excitement for it. It looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Of the top of my head

Last of Us 2
    Sekiro
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Devil May Cry 5
    Monster Hunter expansion
    Resident Evil 2

And Cyberpunk 2079, but chance are that's a 2020 release at least

Metro Exodus for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I honestly can't see Last of Us 2 being released next year. Maybe 2020 at best. Can see Sony releasing it as one of the last PS4 exclusives and then releasing again on PS5, similar to what they did with the first game.

My most anticipated games are all in Q1 if no delays. Resident Evil 2 as never played before and love me some old school survival horror. Also Sekiro. Given this started (short lived) development as a Tenchu game, this is the one Tenchu fans should watch for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

2019 will see sequels to a few AAA series I've previously enjoyed, so I expect I'll like most of them just fine (Doom Eternal, Metro Exodus etc). I desperately want the Three Kingdoms Total War game to be awesome, but who knows with CA...

Other (smaller scale) sequels I'm hopeful for;

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    Spelunky 2

There's a few new IPs I'm excited about, mainly because of the pedigree of the people behind them;

The Outer Worlds
    Control (cautiously optimistic for this)
    Sekiro
    Imperator: Rome
    Phoenix Point

And of course there'll be a few remakes/reboots doing the rounds too. RE2 is the obvious one, but having really enjoyed Shadow Tactics I'm defo looking forward to Desperados 3.

Not expecting much from the Jedi Fallen Order, but keeping fingers crossed regardless.

Edit: Forgot about Atomic Heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looking forward to Resident Evil 2, Sekiro, Fire Emlem 3 Houses and a few others that may or may not come out in 2018. Last of Us 2, Death Stranding and Cyberpunk.
    But I'll choose a few I'm keeping an eye on.

Onimusha Warlords: as I never played it originally and it interests me. Could be a bad port tho.
    Judgement: I've always wanted a sequel to Sleeping Dogs this is as close as it'll ever get in a it's not ever happening way & I want more cop games.
    Wargroove: Intelligent Systems are busy making Fire Emblem there is a market for more Advance Wars style games, sucker for the art style since I saw this.
    Ace Attorney Trilogy: Will be my 3rd time buying/playing this. I just really want to play it on my TV. Hoping it's not just a plain vanilla port on Switch.
    My friend Pedro: Probably my game of E3 2018 looks insane fun to play even if I expect a steep learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sekiro and the RE2 remake i think will be must plays for the early half of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Resident Evil 2 HD

Personally I'm going to get started into Monster Hunter World - only a couple months late! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't see cyber punk being released next year, another year or two away I'd say.

Biomutant looks interesting, and I've been hanging for a game with a fighting system similar to Sleeping Dogs, which I believe Biomutant is somewhat similar to (melee focussed, but with guns and abilities). I'm keeping an eye on it.

Me too, looks awesome, hoping it will be released in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Resident Evil 2 HD

Personally I'm going to get started into Monster Hunter World - only a couple months late! :pac:

Same, got it in the Black friday PS4 sales, have yet to play it but very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Also hoping that Black Mesa gets finished this year - only got into it recently but it's an excellent remake of Half-Life 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TLOU2 will be top of my list until it's released.
    Division 2
    Resi 2 remake
    Anthem (maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If released next year, which is probably unlikely, Metroid Prime 4

Advertisement