Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you find attractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

BBFAN wrote: »
    that defined V that leads to the groin area-don't know what it's called

D!ck Root.

Attractive:
    Disproportionately large breasts.
    Able to drive/has a license.
    Some sense of independence.
    A level of house-proudness (for lack of a better term... ie; someone who will clean up after themselves and not let their surroundings go to sh'te out of laziness).

Unattractive:
    Smoker.
    Layabout type (i don't mind someone on the dole, but i hate the person that's the stereotype).
    Social Media obsessed.
    Life revolves around childishly wanting to get drunk, or constant stories of embarrassing things down when drunk before (like it's something to be proud of, or an achievement of some kind :rolleyes: ).

I'm 30, and have many friends who still seem to be 10. A lot of people I know will literally get up about of bed about 2-3pm, and play videogames all day, then go to bed about 4-5am. Their parents will feed them, clean up after them, etc. it's embarrassing.

I'm still living at home, myself (bought the family house, as would never afford to buy a house for myself the way market has gone lately) but i still make an effort to get out and work, and do something. I clean and paint and do shopping and get out as much as I can to contribute to the world in general. I see so many people wrapped up in doing nothing it legitimately makes me wonder where these people will be when their parents die. Not to mention the complete lack of privacy they have at the moment (can't have friends over, etc.) or asking their parents if they can 'go out' (as they arent allowed come home too late and wake people up). It's bewildering.

I clean and paint and do shopping and get out as much as I can to contribute to the world in general.

I on behalf of the world thank you for your sacrifice.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I on behalf of the world thank you for your sacrifice.

Haha :D:D

You know what I mean though :) I volunteer cleaning graffiti around the town, I do food drops from Tesco to a local charity, I'll help friends with day-to-day tasks if they're stuck, I'll clean litter up around the place. Common sense stuff, or things I can help with that don't exactly require a lot of effort, but make a difference to other people.

I just notice a lot of people are completely wrapped up in themselves, and the thought of doing something they don't directly benefit from is completely bewildering to them. I just don't get that attitude. But to each their own, as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Physically-that defined V that leads to the groin area-don't know what it's called but a well defined one will make me weak at the knees.

Don't like that at all to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Kindness No1 and a sense of humour a close 2nd! As I get older I put a lot less focus on looks. The sad thing is, I would have let kind, funny lads go in favour of some passing ride in my superficial early twenties.

This is exactly what I'm dealing with now. I'm a male in my 20's and I pride myself on being kind and also on being respectful to women. I wouldn't be overly handsome so couple this with my personality, I'm losing out to the cocky, louder fellas. I would have a bubbly personality and love making people laugh but I know I don't come across overly exciting. I refuse to change though and I'm waiting for my 30's where my personality will be in demand......I hope lol[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Kindness No1 and a sense of humour a close 2nd! As I get older I put a lot less focus on looks. The sad thing is, I would have let kind, funny lads go in favour of some passing ride in my superficial early twenties.

You shouldn't see it as the sad thing. If you hadn't done what you did you wouldn't have learnt what you know and mention above. An outer journey, inner discovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Stockings and suspenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Stockings and suspenders.

And in women?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Vocal fry and extreme extroversion are by far the two sexiest things in my view. I'm always instantly drawn to the loudest, most energetic woman in a room - and if her vowels scratch or purr against the bottom of her vocal register when she talks (think Californian "Valley Girl" accent)... Boy oh boy ��

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Carlingford Locked

I've been chatting to this girl on a dating app, who seems pretty cool and she's good looking, but she keeps sending me pictures of herself and her nieces/nephews etc with bunny ears and noses and the pictures are all touched up etc. She was asking me for my Instagram account and Facebook, I don't use either, so I think they may be picture filters for these things. Anyway the whole thing has just totally turned me off her, imagine going out with someone who's constantly taking photos of you and selfies etc. She's 36 ffs! Non merci!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I've been chatting to this girl on a dating app, who seems pretty cool and she's good looking, but she keeps sending me pictures of herself and her nieces/nephews etc with bunny ears and noses and the pictures are all touched up etc. She was asking me for my Instagram account and Facebook, I don't use either, so I think they may be picture filters for these things. Anyway the whole thing has just totally turned me off her, imagine going out with someone who's constantly taking photos of you and selfies etc. She's 36 ffs! Non merci!

That's normal to a lot of people these days.
    Terribly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Vocal fry and extreme extroversion are by far the two sexiest things in my view. I'm always instantly drawn to the loudest, most energetic woman in a room - and if her vowels scratch or purr against the bottom of her vocal register when she talks (think Californian "Valley Girl" accent)... Boy oh boy ��

This sounds to me like the most annoying, irritating, pain in the hole type of woman ever. Like a Kardashian wannabe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This sounds to me like the most annoying, irritating, pain in the hole type of woman ever. Like a Kardashian wannabe.

On Ventura, there she goes
    She just bought some bitchin' clothes
    Tosses her head 'n flips her hair
    She got a whole bunch of nothin' in there

Anyway, he goes are you into S and M?
    I go, oh RIGHT...
    Could you like just picture me in like a LEATHER TEDDY
    Yeah right, HURT ME. HURT ME...
    I'm sure! NO WAY'
    He was like freaking me out...
    He called me a BEASTIE...
    That's cuz like he was totally BLITZED
    He goes like BAG YOUR FACE'
    I'm sure!

Valley Girl
    She's a Valley Girl
    Valley Girl
    She's a Valley Girl
    Okay. fine...
    Fer sure, fer sure
    She's a Valley Girl
    So sweet 'n pure
    Okay, fine...
    Fer sure, fer sure
    She's a Valley Girl
    So sweet'n pure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

A sense of humour, a sense of style, must love animals, likes to laugh, likes new things, likes the outdoors, likes food, must love music but hate modern pop/rock music, hates social media, is kind, has a cute tush, someone that listens and pays attention (especially with long lingering eye contact), someone who is in touch with their emotions, a pretty and kind face, is clean and tidy, someone strong who can stand up for themselves, independent, trustworthy, honest, confident. Also no make-up/low maintenance.

I think out of all the above, I'd settle for someone who is just kind :)

Actually scratch that. A nice tush will do for me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

A man who can cook, because I can't.

Fortunately my other half in a trained chef. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mickboy21

The boy racer type that can do donuts. Extra marks if driven with a hole in the exhaust of their micra.

She answered this further on.

I've an owl Corsa there ill bore a few holes in the tail pipe 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Undividual

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Is that the male version of "If you can't accept me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"? :p

:pac::pac::pac:

Ah no, I'm mostly harmless. The last thing I'd ever do is strangle a woman to death while crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Undividual

She has 36FFs? Oui s'il vous plaît!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Attractive traits: empathy, femininity, being a non smoker.
    Physically I’m very attracted to slim girls so that is a preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Is this common that people don't do this? I always see this listed but I have never been out with anyone who wasn't polite to service staff,maybe I've been lucky!

It's actually quite common. I've ended dates when my date was curt with the waiter or slapped a 20 on the table rather than hand it to the girl who brought over the drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Wrinkles (around the eyes and mouth). A face that looks like it has a story or two to tell. And doesn't try to hide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Pac1Man wrote: »
    D!ck Root.

Is that really what it's called or did you make that up? :D:D:D

I also get the driving thing. I can't parallel park to save my life and so admire how some people can do it with ease. It is a bit of strange turn on alright but I've definitely felt it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

BBFAN wrote:
    Is that really what it's called or did you make that up?

Made up! everyone knows they're called cum gutters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

From reading the thread it seems that women like height, shoulders and hands and the lads like a nice arse and boobs.

I suppose that's what evolution programmed us to look for.

From reading the thread it seems that women like height, shoulders and hands and the lads like a nice arse and boobs.

You forgot hips, evolution programmes men to be attracted to women with "child bearing hips" as my mother used to call them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The two main things would be:

Non-smoker
    Non-ugly

A nice personality is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I also get the driving thing. I can't parallel park to save my life and so admire how some people can do it with ease. It is a bit of strange turn on alright but I've definitely felt it. :D

I'll have to upload a video next time so, although I usually reverse into spaces whenever possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You forgot hips, evolution programmes men to be attracted to women with "child bearing hips" as my mother used to call them.

Covered under my earlier description of "curves"

These slim, shapeless girls do nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I’m not looking but if I was...

I love confident, intelligent and opinionated men - if I can’t have a heated debate with him, there will be zero passion in the bedroom.

Accents - certain accents are a big turn on for me.

Rugged looking - I’m not attracted to men who are overly groomed.

I’m happy to do most DIY/Gardening projects myself but I love a man with a skill I haven’t got - ie: the ability to fix cars, wiring/plumbing and setting mouse traps :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Subacio wrote: »
    Wrinkles (around the eyes and mouth). A face that looks like it has a story or two to tell. And doesn't try to hide it.

Into grannies hey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

ZX7R wrote: »
    Into grannies hey
    Once you've had grey there's no other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Evolution better be careful or it'll get #metoo'd

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

This is exactly what I'm dealing with now. I'm a male in my 20's and I pride myself on being kind and also on being respectful to women. I wouldn't be overly handsome so couple this with my personality, I'm losing out to the cocky, louder fellas. I would have a bubbly personality and love making people laugh but I know I don't come across overly exciting. I refuse to change though and I'm waiting for my 30's where my personality will be in demand......I hope lol
    [/quote]

Stick with it Red, I promise someone will see the gem you are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Primary Teachers :pac:

Ah no for me I don’t have a specific type as in a certain height, hair colour etc. However I do find women who wear a lot of make up and fake tan off putting a normal amount of either can look fine though. Personality and an honest genuine character would be important to me someone that’s not shallow which tbh seems to be proving difficult to find these days especially around my age group (early-mid 20’s)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Someone who is not the liberal trendy type with tatoos everywhere who questions everything, just a normal next door girl. Im 35 and single but i live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Femininity. The biggest turn off to any man is a woman trying to act like a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Femininity. The biggest turn off to any man is a woman trying to act like a guy.

No biggest turn off is guy try to act like a girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Little to no interest in soccer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Stick with it Red, I promise someone will see the gem you are!

dont listen, its a trap :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Curvy fat feminine whatever wanna call it these days once a woman can pull off the body she's got its all good!

I like confidence to a degree! I mean I like someone who I can have laugh and good chat with and she has her own personality and opinions but don't want some bitch who will try and dominate me cause ya its just not happening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

When she's not fat, a blue haired lesbian or an angry feminist.

Getting harder to find one in Ireland though.

Are you the fella who was still looking for the ride from earlier in the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

A man who can cook. A man who can dance. A filthy laugh

Is that really what it's called or did you make that up? :D:D:D

It's not a medical term so I wouldn't use it in an official capacity but yeah, that's what it's known as. :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=DickRoot&amp=true

Candyspain wrote: »
    The majority of women do not find their husband attractive. Only a small percentage of men are sexually attractive to women, say around 10% or so for argument's sake.

A study on OK Cuppid for example found that women find around 80% of men below averagein terms of attractiveness if I recall correctly. This makes sense evolutionarily, a woman's eggs are expensive, she should avoid wasting them on suboptimal men so the attraction mechanism in her head only gives her attraction for the top men. Most men for example would have sex with an average woman as sperm is cheap, most women would not have sex with an average man as eggs are expensive

This leaves women with a dilemma, if they want a family most women need to settle down with a man who they don't find sexually attractive. There is a reason there are so many memes based on sexless marriages, because there is a lot of truth to it that people can recognise. Even when there is sex in these marriages it is usually transactional in nature rather than out of genuine desire as the wife knows that she has to at least give her husband sex occasionally, even if that means boring routine sex.

The husband infers from his married sex life that his wife just isn't really into sex, the truth is she just isn't into sex with him :D

Little does he realise that there is a good chance his wife had genuine desire sex with desirable men in her younger, where she begged for her partner to cum on her ass/tits/face and fukc her in the ass. He couldn't fathom that as a possibility as he never gets to see her true sexual nature as it lies dormant within her. But it is a lot more likely than many husbands realise.

These husbands are often controlled in subtle ways by their wives, the wives use their sexual agency to control them. This is why the sex is transactional, they only get it if they are a good little boy and do what their told. As a result their wives lose respect for them which makes the husbands even more unappealing sexually.

Many of these huaband's believe that their wives wouldn't have casual sex as they were made to wait for months. Little do they know that it just takes the right man in the right place and they would have casual sex.

As a rule of thumb, if a woman makes you wait for sex it usually isn't worth the wait. Before a man has a monogomous relationship he should ensure that he can regularly have casual sex with attractive women so that he knows he has value sexually to women.

That's all for now folks, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter. :D

I don't know how you get through the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

The majority of women do not find their husband attractive. Only a small percentage of men are sexually attractive to women, say around 10% or so for argument's sake.

A study on OK Cuppid for example found that women find around 80% of men below averagein terms of attractiveness if I recall correctly. This makes sense evolutionarily, a woman's eggs are expensive, she should avoid wasting them on suboptimal men so the attraction mechanism in her head only gives her attraction for the top men. Most men for example would have sex with an average woman as sperm is cheap, most women would not have sex with an average man as eggs are expensive

This leaves women with a dilemma, if they want a family most women need to settle down with a man who they don't find sexually attractive. There is a reason there are so many memes based on sexless marriages, because there is a lot of truth to it that people can recognise. Even when there is sex in these marriages it is usually transactional in nature rather than out of genuine desire as the wife knows that she has to at least give her husband sex occasionally, even if that means boring routine sex.

The husband infers from his married sex life that his wife just isn't really into sex, the truth is she just isn't into sex with him :D

Little does he realise that there is a good chance his wife had genuine desire sex with desirable men in her younger days, or even while in their current relationship, where she begged for her partner to cum on her ass/tits/face and fukc her in the ass. He couldn't fathom that as a possibility as he never gets to see her true sexual nature as it lies dormant within her. But it is a lot more likely than many husbands realise.

These husbands are often controlled in subtle ways by their wives, the wives use their sexual agency to control them. This is why the sex is transactional, they only get it if they are a good little boy and do what their told. As a result their wives lose respect for them which makes the husbands even more unappealing sexually.

Many of these huaband's believe that their wives wouldn't have casual sex as they were made to wait for months. Little do they know that it just takes the right man in the right place and they would have casual sex.

As a rule of thumb, if a woman makes you wait for sex it usually isn't worth the wait. Before a man has a monogomous relationship he should ensure that he can regularly have casual sex with attractive women so that he knows he has value sexually to women.

That's all for now folks, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter. :D

You should either run for cover, or tone down the truth a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

WTF have you being smoking?
    A study on OK Cuppid....
    You lost me there....Seriously, you're quoting that as a reputable source? :pac:

Either you are on a p!ss take or you have never been in a proper relationship. I can't decide and my sarcasm detector is confused. This worries me because there are actual people out there who believe what you posted and that's extremely sad that life had made them so jaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Why are you being so hostile? I'm happy to discuss further but not interested in slagging matches. It's perfectly possible to disagree with somone and have a debate or discussion.

Why would you think I'm jaded? I'm full of energy.
    Ok. If you want a discussion, why do you think that only 10% of men are attracted to women? I would consider that figure extremely low.

Why do you think I'm being hostile?

I think you are jaded because of your depressing views on relationships between men and women. You might be full of energy but it sounds like you are directing that energy towards MGTOW, rather than finding a healthy relationship that full fills you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Candie wrote: »
    I don't know how you get through the day.

By browsing creepy PUA and red pill forums I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement