Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you find attractive?

Comments

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Ok. If you want a discussion, why do you think that only 10% of men are attracted to women? I would consider that figure extremely low.

Why do you think I'm being hostile?

I think you are jaded because of your depressing views on relationships between men and women. You might be full of energy but it sounds like you are directing that energy towards MGTOW, rather than finding a healthy relationship that full fills you.

I get the impression that that poster has never actually had any relationship or sexual contact. It seems like they read a lot of theory of relationships but have no experience of one.

Either way, I don't think they really could have a healthy one given their transactional view of how it all works and their one dimensional view of women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Candyspain wrote: »
    Would you like to have a positive discussion, or do you just want to make negative comments towards people?

Hey now, relax there. I wasn't talking to you, I was talking about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What does MGTOW stand for?

Autosport wrote: »

Men Going Their Own Way.

It's basically the unwantable pretending they're just hard to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm lost!

It's only transactional for unattractive men, ie most husbands :D

Are you another poster that just wants to throw negative comments towards people, I'm afraid you won't get the reaction you're looking for. :)

Not at all. It's my genuine impression of you. I actually feel a bit sad for you, I suspect you're very lonely.

Happy new year though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Autosport wrote: »
    Men Going Their Own Way.

It's a movement for heterosexual "nice" men who have been burned by evil woman. They've decided it's easier to live a celibate life and have no interaction with soul destroying women, rather than addressing their short comings which would explain why they attract users/gold diggers. Most of these men suffer from low self esteem and if they worked on themselves, they would go on to form healthy relationships. Instead they wallow in self pity and some of them really do seem to hate women, which is scary!

Why do you feel the need to compulsively comment on what I post, I'm sure there are other things you could be doing if you aren't interested in genuine discussion. :)

The whole point of a discussion forum is to respond to one another. But since you seem to feel uncomfortable I'll leave you to it. Enjoy. :)

Men Going Their Own Way.

It's a movement for heterosexual "nice" men who have been burned by evil woman. They've decided it's easier to live a celibate life and have no interaction with soul destroying women, rather than addressing their short comings which would explain why they attract users/gold diggers. Most of these men suffer from low self esteem and if they worked on themselves, they would go on to form healthy relationships. Instead they wallow in self pity and some of them really do seem to hate women, which is scary!

Incels with attitude!

• Advertisement

I don't think 10% of men are attracted to women, I think around 10% of men are sexually atttractive to women, that's an estimate of course, it could be 5% or it could be 20%, whatever it is I think it's a small minority.

My views aren't depressing at all, it is your interpretation of them that are depressing. I'm just describing reality non judgementally.

Why do you think I'm directing my views towards MGTOW? I think that's quite a silly movement. I love women and seducing women far too much to have anything to do with MGTOW.
    You never explained how I was being "hostile" towards you?

Men Going Their Own Way.

Is it MGTOW or the whole incel thing at play here? You know they type, work out a formula and women put out, because of the whole hive mind thing the ladies have going on. Probably the latter, though neither is ideal for a healthy view of relationships.

Usually without the insults Candie, ask yourself why you feel the need to stoop that low.

It's perfectly possible to disagree and engage in healthy debate without trying to attack someone personally.

But I haven't attacked you. I'm sorry you feel defensive but I'm only giving my honest impression of you. You have to ask yourself why you indulge in this obsessive behaviour, it's not healthy or conducive to a happy life.

Take care.

Candie nobody asked you for your honest impression of me. What you are looking for is a reaction, I'm sorry I can't give that to you.

I think the fact that you feel attacked is a reaction. I think giving one's impression of the motivation behind a position is a reasonable thing to do, but again you seem uncomfortable with the way you're perceived. That's okay, I can understand that.

Now I really will leave you to it. :)

Incels with attitude!
    I've heard of the term "incel" but wasn't really familiar with it so I googled it.

Jesus, these sound even scarier than MGTOW. Incels feel entitled to sex :eek: whereas MGTOW just avoid the opposite sex. The incels have actually committed murders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel
    At least four mass murders, resulting in 45 deaths, have been committed in North America by people who have either self-identified as incels or who had mentioned incel-related names and writings in their private writings or Internet postings. Incel communities have been criticized by the media and researchers for being misogynistic, encouraging violence, as well as spreading extremist views and radicalizing their members.

Candie wrote: »
    Is it MGTOW or the whole incel thing at play here? You know they type, work out a formula and women put out, because of the whole hive mind thing the ladies have going on. Probably the latter, though neither is ideal for a healthy view of relationships.
    After googling Incels, I'd think that poster is just MGTOW. He seems disillusioned but not violent.

• Advertisement

I've heard of the term "incel" but wasn't really familiar with it so I googled it.

Jesus, these sound even scarier than MGTOW. Incels feel entitled to sex :eek: whereas MGTOW just avoid the opposite sex. The incels have actually committed murders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel

The line between them, the MGTOWs and the Red Pillers - from which I believe Candyspain is drawing from at the moment - is so fine as to almost be negligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The absolute opposite of me personality wise. I married her and it's great craic.

Often in a group of male friends you get one or two men who have no problem having casual sex regularly, for the rest it's called "getting lucky". The men who "get lucky" are the sexually unappealing ones who will likely wind up having chore sex a few times per month if they get married. The men who can get casual sex without difficulty are the minority of sexually appealing men, as a rule of thumb.
    Actually no you're wrong. It's an oxymoron in that women place high value on their own physical appearance but the attractiveness of the opposite sex isn't the main attraction. Women are attracted to men with confidence and humour (obviously I'm speaking in general terms). I've known men who aren't conventionally attractive who have no problem getting one night stand simply because of this. They exude personality and that increases their attractiveness 10x

Men who don't do well in the dating stakes, are much like women who don't do well in the dating stakes - they have insecurities/low self esteem and that is not attractive to anyone, no matter how beautiful/handsome your face is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Olive skinned, dark eyed brunettes with a German accent so if that is you...

Hahaha oh dear, now you've done it Paddycow. Here comes pages upon pages of half-baked red-pill nonsense about 'alphas' 'betas' 'trophies' 'sexual market value' and 'soyboys'.

It'll all end with feminism somehow being responsible for the downfall or western society and everyone getting called cucks and SJWs.

• Advertisement

Would you like to engage in discussion?

With you? God no. I'm happier sniping from the sidelines and it means I don't have to wade through pages of your copy and pasted nonsense from Reddit or Return of the Kings or whatever HUUUUUUURRRR ALPHA nonsense you people are swallowing these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

About to post, peaks at thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK I've read the last page or two...

While I don't agree with a lot of what sparked the current "debate", the predictable pile-on nonsense using terms like "Incel" and other attempts at belittlement does nothing to help the counter-argument

The truth is that sex and intimacy is often used as a bargaining chip in long-term relationships. Kids are a big factor and the energy they require - energy that of course has to come from somewhere else, and that on top of the stresses of work, commuting, and day-to-day routine, means that the interaction between the couple suffers. The man's needs become secondary to all this (and it's only natural and right to an extent) but I can see some (not all) truths in what CS posted. These changed circumstances change the dynamics of the relationship and the confident, assertive man she married is subsumed under the daddy/husband he becomes.. just as she is first a mother and then a wife/lover in most cases.

I don't think for example that it follows that the woman must be getting what she needs elsewhere, nor that men simply give up... but it does need communication and effort from both sides to keep it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Usually without the insults Candie, ask yourself why you feel the need to stoop that low.

It's perfectly possible to disagree and engage in healthy debate without trying to attack someone personally.

Huh, so that's mansplaining.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Complete masculine self-confidence
    Directness
    Strong arms
    Hairy chest
    Amply proportioned manhood...;)
    A winning smile
    Bright eyes
    Able to make me laugh

Not looking for much in my Mr Right, am I?:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Men who don't do well in the dating stakes, are much like women who don't do well in the dating stakes - they have insecurities/low self esteem and that is not attractive to anyone, no matter how beautiful/handsome your face is.

I think this is naive, or a comforting lie. If you are unattractive you struggle.

Face, boobs, arse.
    In the opposite order!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Embossy

What do I look for in a woman! Very cute face, very soft skin, very long hair, large breasts, broad well rounded hips, silky smooth shapely legs and a good bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hotcups

As a middle aged man, I can honestly say what I find attractive hasn't changed at all since I first became "aware" of the opposite sex ... so basically boobs n ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    While I don't agree with a lot of what sparked the current "debate", the predictable pile-on nonsense using terms like "Incel" and other attempts at belittlement does nothing to help the counter-argument
    Unfortunately that's often the way it works in AH. Any sort of rebuttal usually takes the form of condescending remarks and passive aggressive smileys that add nothing to the discussion. It's always the same posters that do this.

• Advertisement

Austria! wrote: »
    I think this is naive, or a comforting lie. If you are unattractive you struggle.
    Have you seen Jeremy Kyle? Hardly the most attractive people yet they do be fighting over each other. If they can get more than one person to go after them, no excuse for anyone else :p

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

this is probably the best post i have ever read on Boards. Granted, most of boards posts are rubbish anyway. but this is so true and insightful that people dont admit it. totally agree. You have alot of wisdom Candyspain. not sure why this comment was deleted and i needed to copy and paste a quote from another reference.

Originally Posted by Candyspain :

The majority of women do not find their husband attractive. Only a small percentage of men are sexually attractive to women, say around 10% or so for argument's sake.

A study on OK Cuppid for example found that women find around 80% of men below averagein terms of attractiveness if I recall correctly. This makes sense evolutionarily, a woman's eggs are expensive, she should avoid wasting them on suboptimal men so the attraction mechanism in her head only gives her attraction for the top men. Most men for example would have sex with an average woman as sperm is cheap, most women would not have sex with an average man as eggs are expensive

This leaves women with a dilemma, if they want a family most women need to settle down with a man who they don't find sexually attractive. There is a reason there are so many memes based on sexless marriages, because there is a lot of truth to it that people can recognise. Even when there is sex in these marriages it is usually transactional in nature rather than out of genuine desire as the wife knows that she has to at least give her husband sex occasionally, even if that means boring routine sex.

The husband infers from his married sex life that his wife just isn't really into sex, the truth is she just isn't into sex with him

Little does he realise that there is a good chance his wife had genuine desire sex with desirable men in her younger, where she begged for her partner to cum on her ass/tits/face and fukc her in the ass. He couldn't fathom that as a possibility as he never gets to see her true sexual nature as it lies dormant within her. But it is a lot more likely than many husbands realise.

These husbands are often controlled in subtle ways by their wives, the wives use their sexual agency to control them. This is why the sex is transactional, they only get it if they are a good little boy and do what their told. As a result their wives lose respect for them which makes the husbands even more unappealing sexually.

Many of these huaband's believe that their wives wouldn't have casual sex as they were made to wait for months. Little do they know that it just takes the right man in the right place and they would have casual sex.

As a rule of thumb, if a woman makes you wait for sex it usually isn't worth the wait. Before a man has a monogomous relationship he should ensure that he can regularly have casual sex with attractive women so that he knows he has value sexually to women.

That's all for now folks, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

A nice smile, nice eyes and a good sense of humor. Looks are secondary to me though tbh - if you can make me laugh and are engaging and interesting in conversation then you will definitely turn my head regardless of what you look like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Covered under my earlier description of "curves"

These slim, shapeless girls do nothing for me.

Slim doesn't automatically mean "shapeless" and it's possible to be both slim and curvy at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Slim doesn't automatically mean "shapeless" and it's possible to be both slim and curvy at the same time

True, but I do like a girl with ample curves - boobs, hips and ass.

I'm greedy like that though.. I want personality, sense of humour, and looks/a nice figure.

As I said, I don't want much really :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

No point in having the looks if you don't have the personality...personality wins every time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

Dara Joyce wrote: »
    Youth,
    Beauty
    White skin
    Nice personality
    Class

That's what I look for in a girl.

Jesus H Christ, it's like looking at Goebbels' Tinder profile!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Big boobs.
    Small waist.
    Big butt.
    Smooth skin.
    Youthful look.

I dislike how youthful attracts me, it's not fair. In principle I don't like it. But then I look at some young girl and it's like... shiiiiittttttt. Life sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Big boobs.
    Small waist.
    Big butt.
    Smooth skin.
    Youthful look.

I dislike how youthful attracts me, it's not fair. In principle I don't like it. But then I look at some young girl and it's like... shiiiiittttttt. Life sucks.
    It's not your fault, it's just 3 and a half billion years of evolutionary biology at play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Physically...
    a big ass, decent sized boobs, I love a bit of a tummy on a woman...not a fan of totally hairless...need somewhere to lay your head at night....other than that..as long as she's not cross eyed, all's good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Incels with attitude!

I've been hearing this word a bit lately, I had to look up what it means - jaysus christ, what a shower of fúcktards. I didn't think it would be possible to be even sadder / sleazier than these deluded PUA arseholes, but it turns out you can be!

I find it hard to describe what I like, other than I know it when I see it. Over the years I've been wildly attracted to various women who were tall, short, skinny, fat, black, white, irish, foreign, younger, older and everything and anything in between. I've actually gotten with women in the past purely because I liked their accents, their eyes, their teeth or even the way they walked.

My all time dream woman is Steffi Graf - she's a gorgeous looking woman, but what I really loved about her is the way she moved when playing, she was just mesmerising. I could literally look at her all day and never get bored of it.

Basically I'm a fúcking odd ball!:D

The only thing I can consistently point to and say "that turns me on" is red hair. I have always loved redheads of all descriptions. Any woman in the entire world, looks so much hotter as a red head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

A bush.

This thread is akin to learning a new language. I haven't had to google so many terms and acronyms in After Hours before.

I came across this hilariously named Manosphere glossary. Sad bastards have too much time on their hands. They need a wife and loads of kids to move them away from their current low intelligence worldview. Then when they find the wife isn't giving them sex as much (eh, usually because she's tired you self-absorbed numnut), they can return to this paranoid, loser interpretation where it's all a big conspiracy against the poor man. Jesus wept on so many levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

This thread is akin to learning a new language. I haven't had to google so many terms and acronyms in After Hours before.

I came across this hilariously named Manosphere glossary. Sad bastards have too much time on their hands. They need a wife and loads of kids to move them away from their current low intelligence worldview. Then when they find the wife isn't giving them sex as much (eh, usually because she's tired you self-absorbed numnut), they can return to this paranoid, loser interpretation where it's all a big conspiracy against the poor man. Jesus wept on so many levels.

You ok hon ?

*Sends a virtual hug ...... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Ar$e

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

Personally, not being specific but aside from my wife I fancy tall, well-endowed polyglot German women who play the cello or violin, and are passionate about history, music and languages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Physically, I'm a bum fan.

A pert, not overweight, shapely bum that looks good in; jeans, skirt, pants/trousers and 'active wear :cool:' is a major turn on for me. Diddies? Big or small.

Intelligent common sense, self-deprecating sense of humour and that's pretty much it.

greenspurs wrote: »
    You ok hon ?

*Sends a virtual hug ...... :rolleyes:

Strange post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Personally, not being specific but aside from my wife I fancy tall, well-endowed polyglot German women who play the cello or violin, and are passionate about history, music and languages.

Sure they're ten a penny, must be like shooting fish in a barrel:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I came across this hilariously named Manosphere glossary.

"Cel is short for "celibacy". The manosphere uses this term much more broadly than a dictionary would; it essentially refers to any significant period of time which a male has spent without sex. See: heightcel, hicel, incel, marcel, nearcel, noncel, volcel. Presumably, a guy who stayed celibate long enough could be termed a Duracel".

:D:D:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement