Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Assistant

Options
  • 25-12-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

Got one of these babies for Christmas.Nice little bit of Technology but when I try to use it to make a phone call it says "Sorry I can't make phone calls yet"
    I did a bit of digging and seems this function is only available in the U.S, Canada and UK
    Wondering if this is correct and will this function ever be available in Ireland?
    I'm a 3 Ireland customer using a Nokia 6 2017 smartphone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Steve F wrote: »
    Got one of these babies for Christmas.Nice little bit of Technology but when I try to use it to make a phone call it says "Sorry I can't make phone calls yet"
    I did a bit of digging and seems this function is only available in the U.S, Canada and UK
    Wondering if this is correct and will this function ever be available in Ireland?
    Correct as it works independent of your phone. In the US it uses Google Voice / Fi. I'm not sure it's a feature that will reach us anytime soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

advertsfox wrote: »
    Correct as it works independent of your phone. In the US it uses Google Voice / Fi. I'm not sure it's a feature that will reach us anytime soon.
    Thanks for the information. Slightly disappointed as it would have been a handy feature to have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Link not working ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

You could have google assistant on the mobile and let it write msg whatapp dial from there.

Not maybe a fix on the google home itself. I think theres an app IFTTT from the play store haven't done a lot with it....in time we can hope Google will let you program sequences.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Link not working ☹️

Odd - try https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1777

It's a forum here dedicated to Google Home

Advertisement