Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a job after college

Options
  • 26-12-2018 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I would love to hear peoples opinions and experiences after they finish college and begin looking for work. I have recently finished and graduated from an honours degree in marketing and applied for lots of jobs and got very few responses back.
    Also most of the jobs I see advertised are looking for experience. How are people supposed to have experience in their discipline of they have been in college for the last few years. This makes no sense.
    There was no placement on my course. I began in the mature student business course and then went on to do marketing as I like digital marketing and thought I would have no issue getting a job after I finished but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

What type of jobs, payscale are you applying for ?
    Since you dont have any experience I'd say you will be starting at approx 28 to 30K

• Registered Users Posts: 5 seanpaul101

I am looking for a marketing job, marketing executive or marketing assistant. Will be on less than that. Paygrade seems to be 22k-26k but makes no sense to ask for experience when you are just out of college. That's not possible.

Advertisement