Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone battery programme ending soon

Options
  • 26-12-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

The Apple iPhone SE, 6, 7, 8, x replacement battery programme ends at the end of the month. I got two iPhone 6 pluses done for €29 each at Mactivate in Dublin 15 just before Christmas to extend their life. Call in advance to make sure they have battery in stock. Price goes up to €49 from Jan 1st or €69 for the x. Might be worth doing if you're planning on hanging onto your model for a bit longer.

Comments

Anyone know if an insurance replacement “refurbished” device is eligible for this?

It’s a 6s and is basically a brand new phone in every way but after only two months use since getting it the battery is shocking, I’ve upgraded to an Xs but want to sell on the 6s and feel I’d be able to be a lot more bullish in pricing it if I could say the battery was perfect along with the rest of the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Could never get any info on sending them in and the parents don't live near an apple shop so could never get the mother's one done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Mr.S wrote: »
    What's the turnaround time for Mactivate or CompuB, is it 1hr like the Apple Stores? (if they have stock)

About 30 minutes in Mactivate. There’s a Java coffee shop nearby so I just waited there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hi,

I have a 7 Plus that qualifies.

Before I drop it in to an authorised service centre do I need to turn off iMessage and erase the device or just back it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Hi,

I have a 7 Plus that qualifies.

Before I drop it in to an authorised service centre do I need to turn off iMessage and erase the device or just back it up?

For a battery change, you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

donnyvegas wrote: »
    For a battery change, you don't.

Thanks. Also, can all service centres do it there and then or do they send it off to Apple if they don’t have the battery in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I meant to get mine done last Friday by iconnect in Liffey Valley but could get specifics on length of time to do it. Also charging €35. I booked in through the Apple Battery Replacement Program Portal. Ended up getting a €10 battery off eBay and doing it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

jakdublin wrote: »
    About 30 minutes in Mactivate. There’s a Java coffee shop nearby so I just waited there.

I’d nearly make a trip up from Galway for this. I have a 2 year old 7 that I intend on keeping for another 2 years. Battery issues are always the first to arise. No need to backup you say?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

L'prof wrote: »
    I’d nearly make a trip up from Galway for this. I have a 2 year old 7 that I intend on keeping for another 2 years. Battery issues are always the first to arise. No need to backup you say?

Why not just go to compuB in galway?

Why not just go to compuB in galway?

Would make sense. Same offer or similar?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

L'prof wrote: »
    Would make sense. Same offer or similar?

It's an apple programme/initiative, Mactivate and CompuB are authorised Apple repair agents who carry out the work for them.

It's an apple programme/initiative, Mactivate and CompuB are authorised Apple repair agents who carry out the work for them.

Thanks for that, I’ll get on to them to see what the story is so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Mactivate not open today (or not answering phones anyway). They're probably closed until next week. Might do a flyby on the way home.

Advertisement