Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV required with aerial and satellite seamlessly combined

• 26-12-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Can someone please recommend a TV that can SEAMLESSLY display terrestrial and satellite feeds?

I have an LG 43" and it's a real pain to switch between the two.

Looking for a 43" model. I heard Waker works well bit concerned about the quality. Links to specific model appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I bought two of the 43" walker tvs 6 months ago. Both working perfectly with great picture quality. The sound can be a little tinny on deep bass, but that's true for a lot of slim tvs. I use a sound bar on the main TV and it's perfect. The "one remote for all" system is fantastic.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

corglass wrote: »
    Can someone please recommend a TV that can SEAMLESSLY display terrestrial and satellite feeds?

Looking for a 43" model. I heard Waker works well bit concerned about the quality. Links to specific model appreciated.

Thanks

I would highly recommend these 2 Tvs. The toshiba would be 1st on my list followed by the walker.

Toshiba 43t6863db https://powercity.ie/product/43T6863

WALKER 43WPS19P https://powercity.ie/product/43WPS19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I don't understand the OP's requirement.
    I have an LG t.v. and all it takes is a couple of clicks to switch source.

I bought two of the 43" walker tvs 6 months ago. Both working perfectly with great picture quality. The sound can be a little tinny on deep bass, but that's true for a lot of slim tvs. I use a sound bar on the main TV and it's perfect. The "one remote for all" system is fantastic.

In settings go to sound and change it to Movie and then turn on AVL
    "automatic volume leveling" and it will improve the sound for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

For best user experience all channels (Sat & Terr) should be displayed in a single list, and the order the channels are listed should be determined by the user.

Devices that do not allow this are limited in function IMO, and do not provide a good user experience. ;)

It seems the op wants ease of use and only Toshiba,Walker and Nordemende TVs can display all the channels Irish and UK on the same screen. Lgs,Samsung,Sony and all the rest cant provide this. More and more people are just wanting something simple to use and having all the channels on the same screen is a big bonus along with having a youtube and netflix button on the remote also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Instead of replacing the tv, buy a good 3-in-1 sat / saortv box

Seamless, all the volume be much the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

I'd just buy the best tv I can afford and then pair it with an enigma fta box. They'll display saorview and UK fta sat channels in any order you want with full epg and the facility to record. Lots of other nice functionality on them too if you do some research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

corglass wrote: »

It is very simple to switch between the two
    On remote just press 'List' and then press the red button and select the tuner you want ie. Terrestrial or Freesat/Satellite.

If thats a real pain then i give up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

scart wrote: »
    It is very simple to switch between the two
    On remote just press 'List' and then press the red button and select the tuner you want ie. Terrestrial or Freesat/Satellite.

Exactly, it takes several button presses to change each time which quickly becomes annoying if you're regularly switching over and back. It should be possible to change over and back with a single button press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

According to link below channels can be assigned to numeric keys on the remote and then selected via long press on the assigned key. Short press of keys remains as channel selection of that channel number.
    So assign RTE1 to key 1 and BBC1 to key 2 (or to whatever key 1-9).

https://www.lg.com/uk/support/solutions/tv/webOS-3-5-quick-access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

With rte 1 on key 1 and bbc 1 on key 2 does it take long to switch between the 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I've an enigma box, I just switch on d telly and from then just use one remote
    rte1 is 1, bbc1 is 7( I moved rte jr and news to the kids/news channels) I just flick up or down on the remote. takes no longer to get a satelite channel than changing between rte 1 and 2, about a second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Those quick keys are really handy.
    You can even put the hdmi sources on the keys.
    So I put
    1. Saorview
    2. Freesat
    3. Chromecast
    4. Iplayer
    5. All4
    6. Now tv

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AK55

Is it possible to get the ALL4 app on LG TV?
    And yes quick keys are very handy .Thanks

Advertisement