Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle field 5

Options
  • 26-12-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Lads my son can't access the online part of battle field 5.
    multiplayer, your company, armory, assignments and profile are all greyed out.
    He has an xbox live gold account and a non paid for ea account.it says online you don't need an ea account to play it?
    Can anyone throw a bit of light on it for me please?
    Are we doing something wrong?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is he on a child account? I think something similar happened with Star Wars Battlefront last year where if the age of the account holder is under 16 they will lock off online features in the game.

I'm not sure of how you get around this outside of setting up another Xbox account for him as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

He has a child account.hes 13 but he plays the new ufc game ,that's 16s ,an ea game and he can access everything online or not.
    I have googled etc but i haven't come up with anything definitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

You have to make sure his EA account age is set to 16 or older (I dont know what the age limit is for DF5 is. UNfortuantly you will have to create a a new EA account for him I had to do this myself for the the Star Wars game a year or two ago.

You might also have to double check the family restrictions you have set for him on the xbox, some of the more restrictive setting wont allow online play. But I am also most sure its his EA account saving his date of birth is under 16.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Ok i will do those suggestions this weekend thank you.the more i look into it the more i think its age related.

Advertisement