Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This would make any dumb alarm into a smart alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OU812 wrote:
    Right?

How?

It says a ring or ADT one, should I have read it all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Once you tell it you're leaving, the mics turn on to listen for any sounds which it then notifies you of

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OU812 wrote: »
    If your neighbours alarm went off, would it contact your alarm company and alert you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

the_syco wrote: »
    If your neighbours alarm went off, would it contact your alarm company and alert you?

It'll most likely just send you a text message or a email, it'll be up to you to escalate.

This sounds interesting for me. I've an alarm with a GSM dialler which sends me a text when my alarm goes off, so I have to go home and check. But with this I can use Alexa to confirm that no one has entered so I can leave the alarm to annoy the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Told Alexa I was leaving tonight. She wished me well.

So not enabled over here yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement