Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Automatically refunded me

Options
  • 26-12-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Amazon refunded me for a item i bought over Christmas and i didn't issue the refund because the laptop is working fine.

has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IrishMayo26

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Amazon refunded me for a item i bought over Christmas and i didn't issue the refund because the laptop is working fine.

has this happened to anyone else?

It’s a mistake I presume, So you got a free laptop? Happy days

I didnt even request a refund and the laptop is being used right now lol im kinda weirded out by it lol

well first one was damaged and never arrived just went bk to amazon from courier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

An alternative to the advice from other posters might be to be honest in your dealings with Amazon and alert them to their mistake. It's not your money - even if it came your way through no action on your part.

• Advertisement

Being honest is silly? Being dishonest is a good thing?
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    That’s just silly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

liamo wrote: »
    An alternative to the advice from other posters might be to be honest in your dealings with Amazon and alert them to their mistake. It's not your money - even if it came your way through no action on your part.

You're an idiot if you do this. Do you think Amazon would do the same for you? I had to hassle them for a week for a refund. Say nothing. Odds are they will realise their mistake anyway.

Or maybe switch banks tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

They might hit the supplier

Bezos didn't make his money for no reason

If it were me id wipe all my card details from my account so they couldn't charge me.

Your logic confuses me. Is ths along the same lines as insurance fraud? You know? A "victimless crime"? One that doesn't hurt anyone? Oh wait ....

MadYaker wrote: »
    You're an idiot if you do this. Do you think Amazon would do the same for you? I had to hassle them for a week for a refund. Say nothing. Odds are they will realise their mistake anyway.

Or maybe switch banks tomorrow...

• Advertisement

More "victimless crime" attitude.

Whatever happened to just being honest?
    It’s amazon, they are a huge company so I don’t think a laptop refund is going to break them, amazon will realise their mistake eventually and if they don’t feck em
    McDonald’s reversed a payment I made to to them in November so I thought I had a free bit of grub but they came back for it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

See what happens. Might get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

It’s amazon, they are a huge company so I don’t think a laptop refund is going to break them, amazon will realise their mistake eventually and if they don’t feck em
    McDonald’s reversed a payment I made to to them in November so I thought I had a free bit of grub but they came back for it lol

Really?

Think they need your permission to recapture a payment. At least we do.

Guffy wrote: »
    Really?

Think they need your permission to recapture a payment. At least we do.

Maybe to take a new payment but not to reverse a refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yes, happened a few times over the years. They debited the funds from the account eventually. I presume when they did some stock reconciliation. Expect to get an email asking for the return of the item, or else they'll attempt payment on the card or a card on your account assuming you're happy to keep the item.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I have had refunds from Amazon, or more specifically the original 'hold' has been released and then charged again once delivered. It'll be charged again once the Christmas madness has been caught up on. That's not to say that they don't do partial refunds or credits at the drop of a hat if you give out, Amazon have 100% customer satisfaction at the front of the brain, they really are great.

delly wrote: »
    I have had refunds from Amazon, or more specifically the original 'hold' has been released and then charged again once delivered. It'll be charged again once the Christmas madness has been caught up on. That's not to say that they don't do partial refunds or credits at the drop of a hat if you give out, Amazon have 100% customer satisfaction at the front of the brain, they really are great.

I used the one click ordering on my phone to order something, then realised it was the wrong one and cancelled it immediately. The money was gone from my account instantly and it took me 4 days of talking to customer service both online and on the phone to even get them to awknowledge the fact that they charged me. Then I had to wait about 10 days for a refund.

If Amazon accidentally refunded me I would make sure they never see that money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I ordered four identical items this year from Amazon, costing ~€20 each, one of the four didn't work so I sent it back for a refund, Amazon refunded me the entire ~€80.00 for the whole lot. I noticed the large refund about a month later in my Credit Card statement and called up Amazon to enquire and they said it was a gesture of goodwill, happy days for me. There is a reason I do most of my online shopping there and have spent over €10,000 there since opening my amazon account way back in 2005, with my first purchase of a Digital Camera. I estimate I save at least half the price most of time on what I'm buying there compared to the shops here, when you factor in the cost and time of driving to the shops and the ripoff parking also. Anytime I've had an issue with amazon they either replace or refund, and because its online with a record no BS about receipts etc. All my Christmas gifts were bought online on Amazon, mainly around Black Friday.

Same here ,1 item of a multipack faulty got refunded the lot

Surely they'll tighten up on refunds or it just a case of the majority don't bother or is just that the sellers pay so Amazon not concerned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've had stuff refunded by amazon without asking for it loads of times but always before they shipped, usually delay in shipping, they refund and retake the money once shipped. Say nothing OP, happy Christmas!

Who's paying

Is it bezos or the sellers for all these refunds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I was bumped around customer service depts for weeks while amazon music wasn’t working. Then they refused to refund months when the service was not working. (Spotify now.) Their customer service is very mixed.

I’m sure they’ll sort out the erroneous refund. Wouldn’t worry about it or spend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Who's paying

Is it bezos or the sellers for all these refunds

I'd say its us, I'm sure the fact that 5% or whatever percentage of the product is faulty is just priced into the whole thing.

Advertisement