Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certification of house electrics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op you should contact the electrical association reci.

You should also contact the likes of trading standards I'm not sure what we call it here... I'm sorry I watched a lot of BBC rogue traders ;-)

I would be chasing up the builder and follow the paper trail.

You need to get these back or be able to basically sue as you will most likely need a full rewire and certification done.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Op you should contact the electrical association reci.

You should also contact the likes of trading standards I'm not sure what we call it here... I'm sorry I watched a lot of BBC rogue traders ;-)

I would be chasing up the builder and follow the paper trail.

You need to get these back or be able to basically sue as you will most likely need a full rewire and certification done.

Short of hiring Liam Neeson, I've no way of tracking this person down.
    At this stage I'd much rather just pay someone to test the installation to see what the story is. It may be completely fine, if not I'll know exactly what needs doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Short of hiring Liam Neeson, I've no way of tracking this person down.
    At this stage I'd much rather just pay someone to test the installation to see what the story is. It may be completely fine, if not I'll know exactly what needs doing.

A periodic inspection report may be the way to go if you’re just looking for the installation tested and to highlight any deficiencies. It’s a 4 page report outlining the condition of the electrical installation.
    It doesn’t have to be done by the electrical contractor that did the installation. It is not a replacement for the original completion certificate and cannot be used for connection to the ESB Networks (I see you’re already connected but I wouldn’t be confident that mains cables are up to requirements)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

^^^^ I think that this is a good idea, however it is important to understand the limitations of these tests. An installation that passes is not necessarily up to the required standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Thanks. I think I'll go with this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement