Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wetsuit Advice / Sales

• 27-12-2018 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭

Looking for bit of advice as a relative newbie. Looking to pick up a wetsuit that'll be grand for an Ironman (Youghal) for someone whose favourite part of the process definitely isn't swimming. i.e. the more help I get floating the better!

1) Anywhere known to be good for Dec/Jan wetsuit sales? I took a look on CSS, Amphibian King etc websites but didn't see anything very obvious.

2) Was looking at the Orca range and see both the 3.8 and S6/S7 suited towards swimmers looking for more flotation. Quite a price difference between the 2. I assume the S6/S7 would get me through a 2-hour swim? Don't plan on doing heaps of open water swimming one this event is out of the way, so not too concerned in investing in something for the very long term.

Thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Have a look on wiggle, they seem to have a perpetual sale on and sometimes have bargains on wetsuits. The approach recommended to me was to to order 2-3 different brand wetsuits in 2-3 sizes and then return those that don’t work/fit. Wiggle’s return policy is flexible enough to do this easily and you are only out of pocket for a few weeks.

In terms of the Orca wetsuits, I don’t have one, but my wife uses the S6 and loves it. My main recommendation (albeit from limited experience) is to find one that feels right and fits comfortably with your body shape, rather than being too concerned with neoprene thickness and paneling and stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Huub sell ex demo suits on their website. Significant discounts for very good suits

Advertisement