If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" Oled

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Xtal,

thanks a million for the post - unfortunately at the moment that's as low as they go but of course the Euro pricing does include our 6 year warranty AND delivery,

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Just trying to order this online now and I dunno if I'm being an idiot but theres no option to enter my card details (image attached) and when I click Complete Order I get the following error at the top of the page "Error: Our payment provider has had a problem processing your card.
    Should you cotinue to get this error please contact your card issuer"

xtal191 wrote: »
    Just trying to order this online now and I dunno if I'm being an idiot but theres no option to enter my card details (image attached) and when I click Complete Order I get the following error at the top of the page "Error: Our payment provider has had a problem processing your card.
    Should you cotinue to get this error please contact your card issuer"
    Xtal.

I have just tried it and it works 100% for me :confused:

I can see on our online system that you have made multiple attempts but for some reason this specific issue only appears to be affecting you ( I havenever seen this fault before!) - if you would like to drop me your contact number to sales@richersounds.ie I will ask one of the guys to give you a call to arrange a delivery for you?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I tried it on PC, Tablet and Mobile Phone and didn't work on any of them. Just tried again there on my phone and turned off WiFi and it worked, no idea what that was all about, very odd.

Anyway thanks again for your help, look forward to getting the TV

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I tried it on PC, Tablet and Mobile Phone and didn't work on any of them. Just tried again there on my phone and turned off WiFi and it worked, no idea what that was all about, very odd.

Anyway thanks again for your help, look forward to getting the TV
    No problem xtal91!

Glad you got sorted in the end! Thank you very much for your order and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any issues.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hey again, I just noticed on the UK site that the TV could've been bought for £1099 using the code OLED100.

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-oled55b8s.html

Only ordered yesterday and hasn't even shipped yet so is it possible to be refunded the difference or is it tough luck?

Xtal,

thanks for the post.

There is no problem refunding your sales and you can put it back through in sterling.

You did purchase in Euro though and I'd check carefully which currency will actually work out cheaper ?

You purchased at €1299 including delivery - I would contact your credit card company to see what the charges and FX rate will be to make the purchase at £1099 Plus delivery as I feel that it will be very similar after charges.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hmm possible to refund the €1299 to my Irish card and use a revolut card to pay the £1099 plus delivery charge?

We can do it whichever way you would like best - but even if we refund the amount straight away ( which of course we will do ) your bank may hold onto your funds for several days and unfortunately this is beyond our control.

Check it out and see what works for you and we are happy to go along with whatever you decide,
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    *EDIT*
    We can only refund the card you originally used to pay!

I guess it makes most sense refunding the total €1299 to my Irish card and then using the Revolut card to make the full £1099 + £6.99 payment since that has no fees etc.

So whats the next step? I tried the code on your site but didn't work, worked on the .com though.

Again thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• Advertisement

No problem,

you can use the voucher code  ' GDFLASH100 '

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thats great I order it there in sterling so I guess you can cancel the previous order and process the refund.

Did it all go through on your end? Alright on your end? Do you need any order numbers or anything?

Thats great I order it there in sterling so I guess you can cancel the previous order and process the refund.

Did it all go through on your end? Alright on your end? Do you need any order numbers or anything?
    Hi Xtal191.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Everything has been sorted at this end for you.

We will let you know once it has shipped when our courier resumes business again.

Hi Xtal191.

We will let you know once it has shipped when our courier resumes business again.
    No worries, thanks again for everything

Hi Xtal191.

No worries, thanks again for everything
    Hi Xtal191.

Cheer again for the order :D

Quick question, just logged into the site and its still showing 2 orders, was the € order cancelled and refunded? Don't want you sending two out by mistake.

Xtal,

you should be so lucky :D !

The guys did mail you yesterday to say that your first order was cancelled as requested and the initial € amount refunded straight away - you should have received that email?

Unfortunately whilst we did refund the € amount within an hour of your request it may take some time for your own bank or credit card company to credit the amount to your CC statement - this is beyond our control.

Our site at the moment does not have live shipping info - this is something we are currently working on and we hope that it will be live before teh end of January with tracking info.

Thanks again and do keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Oh yeah I'm not expecting the money back in my account for a couple of days, that's not a problem at all.

But I never received an email or anything to say it was cancelled, that's why I thought I'd ask on here again. I'm sure it's all fine anyway

Xtal, the guys email you on Friday and posted above ( Post 14) to confirm as well:
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/108980764

Hope that's all okay but as ever don't hesitate to drop me a line if we can assist in any way,
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dnpaddy

Hi John,

I would like to buy the same LG OLED TV to replace my old Philips 42PFL8404, which I bought from your Dublin store in 2010.

Just wonder if a slightly different model (OLED55B8PLA) is available?
    The one on your website - OLED55B8SLC - has a crescent stand and it is a bit too large for my setting.
    I understand that PLA's stand is smaller (about 25 centimeters in depth), which would be perfect for me.

Please let me know if PLA is available and how I can order it.
    I'm in Ireland but don't mind paying in pounds (i.e. the same as xtal191).

Thank you!

• Advertisement

dnpaddy wrote: »
    Hi John,

I would like to buy the same LG OLED TV to replace my old Philips 42PFL8404, which I bought from your Dublin store in 2010.

Just wonder if a slightly different model (OLED55B8PLA) is available?
    The one on your website - OLED55B8SLC - has a crescent stand and it is a bit too large for my setting.
    I understand that PLA's stand is smaller (about 25 centimeters in depth), which would be perfect for me.

Please let me know if PLA is available and how I can order it.
    I'm in Ireland but don't mind paying in pounds (i.e. the same as xtal191).

Thank you!
    Hi dnpaddy,

I do have a couple of the PLA models left at £1199. If you want to drop me a PM with your contact number I can call you back and process that order for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi dnpaddy,

I do have a couple of the PLA models left at £1199. If you want to drop me a PM with your contact number I can call you back and process that order for you.

Kind regards

David
    Thank you David!

I've PM'd my number just now.

Looking forward to your call.

Hi dnpaddy,

Kind regards

David
    Thank you David!

I've PM'd my number just now.

Looking forward to your call.
    No problem, I'll be in touch asap.

Hi David,

Thank you for the call yesterday!
    Could you please PM or email to me my order's number?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Hi David,

Thank you for the call yesterday!
    Could you please PM or email to me my order's number?

Thank you and Happy New Year!
    Hi dnpaddy,

I will email across a copy of your order asap!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.