Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths Returns

Options
  • 27-12-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a something online but looking to return. Smyths site does say online orders can be returned in store. Anyone know if its easy enough as it doesnt have a lot of info online?

I know refund is going to go to bank card but was wondering if anyone ever has done this and bought something else straight away in exchange. Do they allow that with online orders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

<SNIP>

Have you phoned them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

<SNIP>

Only problem will be the refund will take a few days to appear on your card, so you need the relevant funds available for the new purchase on your card now.

Obviously the item will be in a sellable condition, all packaging intact, and relevant paperwork present

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nitros7

Bring the receipt with you to the local store and returning it shouldn't be an issue

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I did this before Christmas with no problem.

I wanted to exchange for other products so instead of refunding the money to my bank card which would take days, they put it onto one of their gift cards instead so I could use straight away.

Obviously bring the receipt of the online order with you, and make sure the product you're returning isn't opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Thanks , got sorted. Brought it in with dispatch email , was out with an exchanged item in 5 mins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement