Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Jaymacc wrote: »
    Hi,

We are now just days from the  end of the ‘second half of 2018’ and your plan says you were to have installed fibre to the Kiltullagh / Attymon areas by now.

https://fibrerollout.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Rural-Exchange-Timeline-24-April-2017.pdf

What is the delay and when will it be installed?

Regards, J
    Hi Jaymacc,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not seen the fibre rollout in your area as of yet. As to what the delay is, this could be for a number of reasons, such as more work required than anticipated, storm damage or planning permission. The timeframe for the rollout of fibre is subject to change due to these factors, for more information on this please feel free to click here.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Hi,

We are now just days from the  end of the ‘second half of 2018’ and your plan says you were to have installed fibre to the Kiltullagh / Attymon areas by now.

https://fibrerollout.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Rural-Exchange-Timeline-24-April-2017.pdf

Regards, J
    You realise if you haven't had it installed by now it isn't happening until they agree the new national broadband plan, Eircom have walked away from that so you're probably talking 2-3 years before this gets resurrected and resolved. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

vanman99 wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards, J
    You realise if you haven't had it installed by now it isn't happening until they agree the new national broadband plan, Eircom have walked away from that so you're probably talking 2-3 years before this gets resurrected and resolved. 
    That's simply not true. Eir are behind the 2018 schedule by about 3 or 4 months. They just haven't bothered to update the openeir line checker - btw that response from the Eir representative was very poor talking about storms etc. We haven't had any storms this winter that have caused any considerable damage - utter contempt for potential customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

turbbo wrote: »
    That's simply not true. Eir are behind the 2018 schedule by about 3 or 4 months. They just haven't bothered to update the openeir line checker - btw that response from the Eir representative was very poor talking about storms etc. We haven't had any storms this winter that have caused any considerable damage - utter contempt for potential customers.

Good to know the plan is still in place even if it is delayed we will be glad to get it when they are in the area.

vanman99 wrote: »

As far as I know it is the govt broadband plan that is facing a long delay. We are on their business plan I think.

• Advertisement

Hi Jaymacc,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not seen the fibre rollout in your area as of yet. As to what the delay is, this could be for a number of reasons, such as more work required than anticipated, storm damage or planning permission. The timeframe for the rollout of fibre is subject to change due to these factors, for more information on this please feel free to click here.

~Kellie

Thanks Kellie. Am I right saying the planned works I sent link to is still live and going ahead so it is just a minor delay we face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Hi,

Regards, J
    I'm in the same boat here in Cork. The link which Eir provided above provides nothing that I don't already know. Would be nice to have a proper estimated date of connection. Someone must know!

radar0976 wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards, J
    I'm in the same boat here in Cork. The link which Eir provided above provides nothing that I don't already know. Would be nice to have a proper estimated date of connection. Someone must know!
    I thought they would have them updated by now but I guess not!

Hi,

Regards, J
    Eir have switched off from dealing with us mortals just use another company...  https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail
    They at least update their website because they want us mortals to sign up.

Hi,

Regards, J
    Eir have switched off from dealing with us mortals just use another company...  https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail
    Do they use the same lines as Eir?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Regards, J
    Do they use the same lines as Eir?
    Yup.

Jaymacc - does your eircode show up as available soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lookingingalway

Hi,

Regards, J
    There has been a load of activity in this area in the last few weeks with a lot of fibre being run along the poles so hopefully this service will go live in the not too distant future. Here's hoping anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,

Regards, J
    There has been a load of activity in this area in the last few weeks with a lot of fibre being run along the poles so hopefully this service will go live in the not too distant future. Here's hoping anyway.
    Hi lookingingalway, 

That's good to hear. 

As soon as fibre is available it will be updated on this link

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lookingingalway

Hi,

Regards, J
    Hi lookingingalway, 

That's good to hear. 

As soon as fibre is available it will be updated on this

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks Grainne, I am in an area that is currently outside of the houses that will be connected even though I think the fibre cable is going to run past my house (there is currently an Eir pole at the end of my garden for existing cable) so here's hoping I will be able to get connected also.

Hi,

Regards, J
    Hi lookingingalway, 

That's good to hear. 

As soon as fibre is available it will be updated on this

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks Grainne, I am in an area that is currently outside of the houses that will be connected even though I think the fibre cable is going to run past my house (there is currently an Eir pole at the end of my garden for existing cable) so here's hoping I will be able to get connected also.
    I've my fingers crossed for you lookingingalway, 

Just keep watching the link I gave above and when it is available that link will be updated. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Hi, I am hoping this is the right page to ask this question as I can't get an answer off any other page or on the phone or from the KN Networks guys. We moved into Royal Canal Park. Dublin 15, 6 months ago. There are 2 fibre cabinets around the corner but open eir/eir haven't put in landlines yet so we can't get broadband or tv. Please can you tell us who we can contact to find out when? When we call up they just send out Kn networks who confirm again that there are no lines and it's a waste of everyone's time. Thanks

Forumsie wrote: »
    Hi, I am hoping this is the right page to ask this question as I can't get an answer off any other page or on the phone or from the KN Networks guys. We moved into Royal Canal Park. Dublin 15, 6 months ago. There are 2 fibre cabinets around the corner but open eir/eir haven't put in landlines yet so we can't get broadband or tv. Please can you tell us who we can contact to find out when? When we call up they just send out Kn networks who confirm again that there are no lines and it's a waste of everyone's time. Thanks
    Hi Forumsie, 

Unfortunately, we would not be able to advise when broadband will become available at your location. 

If you click on this link you can check what services are currently available. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement