Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venison

Options
  • 27-12-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I picked up a couple of venison steaks in lidl...any recommendations on what to do with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Eat them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Just do same as you would with a beef steak, season with salt and pepper and fry on the pan to your liking i.e. rare, medium well done... I'd suggest medium-rare!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Take it out of the fridge about 30 mins beforehand to take it up to room temp so it cooks evenly. I’d go medium but up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

every time I buy venison, cause it's rarer for me, I usually get a new recipe to try // would go onto few kiwi sites to look for inspiration.

- for example here http://www.bite.co.nz/recipe/10460/Venison-steak-with-spice-and-coffee-rub/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

As others have said, treat it like a beef steak.
    Venison has almost no fat in it so can be a bit dry so cooking rare to medium rare is a must for me. I also find that it cooks quicker than beef so be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Those Lidl venison steaks are pretty small too. Last lot were 4 small ones in the packet. A couple of minutes each side is more than enough.

Advertisement