Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Center Parcs Experience

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Center Parcs doesn't owe any particular class of person a Holiday. If you can you will. If you can't you won't. Kelly's in Rosslare. Inchydoney resort in Cork. Renvyle House in Galway. All hotels that tailor their product to a particular market. That's life. Loads more examples too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Typical Irish, few have a positive thing to say about much. Ugh.

Each to their own. If someone wants to go there they will.

For those with toddlers and young kids it surely must be so much easier to set off from your house with all your supplies, and arrive when it suits you. It's an all weather place from what I can see so is not that much weather dependent.

The very high heat in Spain etc. in July and August can be unbearable. And let's face it holidays are all for the kids. You are watching them all the time for sunburn and so on. Or trying to avoid the high heat yourself!

I hope it is a roaring success. My brother and his family are going next year. No more torture in the heat abroad and the cancellations, delays etc. at airports.

Heat in Spain can be too much for kids, one of mine gets panned out and just wants to go back to the apartment to watch tv or be in the pool. While I love the sun you’re right it’s about the kids. This centre parc looks really good and to be fair a family could tailor the activities to their budget, some are more pricey than others but no one would have to do everything there, if their budget didn’t allow.

Reading back on the thread some are saying the jobs there are minimum wage but you know what any job is better than no job, college students, local people who can live at home plus it’s putting money into the local economy.

The weather in Ireland would put me off big time but I’d consider a couple of days there all the same three or four nights.I did Haven in France a couple of times as a child, pool was good and kiddies discos in the evening plus playgrounds. Wonder if Centre parc have an early evening kind of get together for families like this. Must look again at site. Other thing with Haven is car could be parked beside mobile home so easy to drive out and do some touring as we used to do. Maybe I’m a bit lazy but wouldn’t fancy a long walk to the car park in Centre Parc in the &issuing rain, though I think someone said it’s only about a ten minute walk, also if I’d a sick child would want to know could get out quickly to get to doctor or hospital but I’m sure the parc have thought of all of these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Blaizes wrote: »
    Heat in Spain can be too much for kids, one of mine gets panned out and just wants to go back to the apartment to watch tv or be in the pool. While I love the sun you’re right it’s about the kids. This centre parc looks really good and to be fair a family could tailor the activities to their budget, some are more pricey than others but no one would have to do everything there, if their budget didn’t allow.

Reading back on the thread some are saying the jobs there are minimum wage but you know what any job is better than no job, college students, local people who can live at home plus it’s putting money into the local economy.

The weather in Ireland would put me off big time but I’d consider a couple of days there all the same three or four nights.I did Haven in France a couple of times as a child, pool was good and kiddies discos in the evening plus playgrounds. Wonder if Centre parc have an early evening kind of get together for families like this. Must look again at site. Other thing with Haven is car could be parked beside mobile home so easy to drive out and do some touring as we used to do. Maybe I’m a bit lazy but wouldn’t fancy a long walk to the car park in Centre Parc in the &issuing rain, though I think someone said it’s only about a ten minute walk, also if I’d a sick child would want to know could get out quickly to get to doctor or hospital but I’m sure the parc have thought of all of these things.

I find the idea of not having cars driving around and not even seeing my own to be one of the best things.

salmocab wrote: »
    I find the idea of not having cars driving around and not even seeing my own to be one of the best things.

Yes you’re probably right and it does make it much safer for kids and parents when you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Ok if we can move away from all CenterParc users are snobs with too much money and all sun holidaygoers are drunken yobs here are my observations of our time in CenterParcs:

1. Get there early on the first day. They let you in from 10am and give you your key bracelets etc. You get into the lodge from 3pm. But between 10am and 3pm you can get your bikes (or bring your own), find your lodge (but not go in), get your bearings around the site, get something to eat and go into the pool. You can even do activities you have booked. On arrival day at 3pm it is busy as everyone tries to get in BUT we were already through and in the carpark and got straight into the park proper once the barrier opened. Went quickly to our lodge because I knew where it was. Dropped the bags. Went back with the car to the carpark and back to the family in the pool before 4pm. Don't waste time unpacking. You can do that when all the activities wind down in the evening.

2. Likewise you have to be out of the lodge AND have your car out of the park and back in the carpark by 10am when the gates shut on your last day but you can continue to use the facilities until they close that day. Basically you can get all full days if you arrive early and leave late and to be fair they encourage you to do that. Several staff reminded us the pool is free and available until late Friday evening so make the most of it. On your last night once all the activities have stopped pack everything so you can just put it all into the car quickly the following morning and then spend most of the day on activities.

3. The lodges are super. Our one was a 4 bed and it is sort of in two wings for want of a better description. Two corridors off the open plan living area. Each corridor has a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and a bathroom. So it would be ideal for two families of parents and 1-2 kids each who wanted to share the cost. You pay for the lodge not the number of people but you have to let them know everyone that is coming in advance. The kitchen even had two under counter fridges so ideal for two families. The bins are under the sink and there are large bins at regular locations around the park where you can bring your rubbish and recycling.

4. The kitchen had an oven, hob, microwave, toaster, coffee machine (with free coffee pods) dishwasher (with tablets), kettle, all the cutlery and crockery you will need. In a little utility room there are mops a high chair, cot plus an Ironing board and iron but NO cloths dryer or airer. If you have a foldup airer bring it to help dry your gear from swimming and outdoor activities. I don't think there are any laundry facilities. In the living area there was a large L shaped couch, a single armchair and a dining table/chairs that could seat 8 at a squeeze. Outside in the patio there was a patio table and chairs and a BBQ station.

5. The TVs have saorview and free to air UK satellite. WiFi signal is great. You shouldn't need it BUT if you want to bring a Chromecast or DVD player etc to entertain the kids there is a HDMI port easily accessable on the side of the chimney breast (the TV is over the fire)

6. The beds all have plugs with built in USB chargers at each bedside locker (Why can't all hotels do that!!!). Each bedroom has a hairdryer which is apparently important to the ladies. The beds though aren't the longest so if you are tall then you may take a night to get used to them. There is lots of wardrobe space but not many hangers. Bring some.

7. Bikes are definitely the way to get around. Everything is fairly compact and you could walk from your lodge to the center in 15 min from most lodges. But you will be there in 3-4 min on a bike. May not sound like a lot but it becomes so much faster to get to activities and you will save half an hour of walking everytime you go to and from the lodge. And with no cars it is very safe for the kids to cycle around. You can rent the bikes but they are a little pricey so it quickly adds up to enough to cover the price of a bike rack if you want to bring your own bikes and then you have a rack for future use. Bring bike locks if you are bringing your own bikes. They are provided free if you rent the bikes here. That said I have seen lots of bikes unlocked and I don't think bike theft is a big problem. Bring backpacks for swimwear etc. It is easier to cycle with a backpack than with ordinary bags hanging from your handlebars.

8. Monday afternoon was the quietest day at the pool so my advice is get in that day and do all the rides etc several times. Every other day there were queues of about 10min but on Monday we could go straight on. But compared to water parks I've seen in Spain Portugal etc the queues are tiny. And there seem to be plenty of lounge chairs and tables around the pool. We never had any problem finding some free ones. It's a communal changing area with private changing cubicles for families and individuals. You enter one side pull down a ledge that locks both sides, change, then lift up the ledge and exit the other side. There seem to be hundreds of lockers that are locked and opened by the rubber bracelets that open your lodge. Never had a problem finding a free locker. There are communal showers with shower gel dispensers. There are also hairdryers and machines that will help dry your swimsuits. Like any hotel there are towels in the lodge but they are meant to last you for the week so don't use them for swimming. They charge €2 to rent extra towels so save money by bringing plenty from home.

9. Book the activities you really want to do in advance on the website. The popular ones are very full. You may have to wait a day or two for a slot if you try to book while here. Activities are expensive but top class. Aerial Adventure is HARD work and terrifying at times. But well worth every cent. Archery, laser combat, canoeing, etc they all have excellent equipment and top class instructors. In contrast the crazy golf is a bit of a ripoff. Rain doesn't halt play. Only thunderstorms apparently do that. Our first morning had heavy rain and wind but all the activities went ahead even the aerial Adventure and Zipline. It can get muddy (we're talking about a forest here) so bring spare runners, boots, coats, tracksuit bottoms etc. There is no bad weather just bad clothes. There isn't a lot of free stuff (well free if you are staying in the park) to do but there is a bit. Most obviously the pool is free and all the rides etc in it are free. There are some playgrounds for the younger ones and even ones that have climbing frames etc to pass some time for up to 10 or 11 year olds. The beach is free to use to sit down and sunbathe etc on sunny days. I saw people building sand castles with old soup containers so I suspect if you bring your own bucket and spade they will let you at it. And of course you can cycle, jog and walk to your heart's content in safety and comfort.

10. Food is a little pricey but the restaurants are good. You can get breakfast/lunch in the sports plaza or pancake house. There is a coffee shop with sandwiches etc. For evening dinner Huck's diner is a burger joint. Cara's Kitchen has nice modern Western cusine. Bella Italia is a modern Italian place. Radesh is an Indian and a little more upmarket in layout and atmosphere. Basically think of the high Street modern franchise chain restaurants you find in most cities. All are very kid friendly and have kids menues. At busy times the wait can be long. Don't plan on grabbing a quick bite if you have less than an hour between activities.

11. If you want to save money then cooking in the lodge is the way to go certainly for breakfast and lunch. When it comes to cooking in the lodge I would say bring the food you want in the car with you. And not because the ParcMarket is expensive. Rather because it is a bit limited. You'll get by there but think of it more as a Spar or Centra rather than a full supermarket. You will also pay Spar/Centra prices so a trip to Aldi/lidl the day before you go is a good strategy. There is a sport shop, a clothes shop, a kids shop, a sweet shop, a sort of upmarket ornament shop. They aren't cheap but then they aren't selling cheap stuff. They are selling good brands at the RRP. But like the food market there isn't a huge selection. If you are looking for good hiking boots you're not going to get them here. Also you are paying full RRP. No sale prices here so online shopping is much cheaper.

12. The staff are all so incredibly friendly it is almost odd at the start. They will greet you with a smile and a big hello (sometimes even as you pass them on the paths). They have clearly been drilled on customer service and it worked.

13. I read on line that this week was a sell out and certainly all the lodges I saw seemed to be occupied and the carpark was pretty full. But in the park it never felt at all crowded. There were plenty of people walking or cycling around but with lots of space. It all felt very relaxed.

Overall it was a great experience. We have done sun holidays to Spain, Portugal etc and this was head and shoulders above any of those. Yes there was very little sun and a lot more rain but still this holiday was the best and even the kids agreed. They all want to come back next year. Before half the internet jump on me yes I know you think a sun holiday by the beach will always be better. Good for you. Everyone is different. For us CenterParcs is the better holiday. Don't take it personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

great review touts, thanks for putting the time & effort in

touts wrote: »
    Ok if we can move away from all CenterParc users are snobs with too much money and all sun holidaygoers are drunken yobs here are my observations of our time in CenterParcs:

1. Get there early on the first day. They let you in from 10am and give you your key bracelets etc. You get into the lodge from 3pm. But between 10am and 3pm you can get your bikes (or bring your own), find your lodge (but not go in), get your bearings around the site, get something to eat and go into the pool. You can even do activities you have booked. On arrival day at 3pm it is busy as everyone tries to get in BUT we were already through and in the carpark and got straight into the park proper once the barrier opened. Went quickly to our lodge because I knew where it was. Dropped the bags. Went back with the car to the carpark and back to the family in the pool before 4pm. Don't waste time unpacking. You can do that when all the activities wind down in the evening.

2. Likewise you have to be out of the lodge AND have your car out of the park and back in the carpark by 10am when the gates shut on your last day but you can continue to use the facilities until they close that day. Basically you can get all full days if you arrive early and leave late and to be fair they encourage you to do that. Several staff reminded us the pool is free and available until late Friday evening so make the most of it. On your last night once all the activities have stopped pack everything so you can just put it all into the car quickly the following morning and then spend most of the day on activities.

3. The lodges are super. Our one was a 4 bed and it is sort of in two wings for want of a better description. Two corridors off the open plan living area. Each corridor has a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and a bathroom. So it would be ideal for two families of parents and 1-2 kids each who wanted to share the cost. You pay for the lodge not the number of people but you have to let them know everyone that is coming in advance. The kitchen even had two under counter fridges so ideal for two families. The bins are under the sink and there are large bins at regular locations around the park where you can bring your rubbish and recycling.

4. The kitchen had an oven, hob, microwave, toaster, coffee machine (with free coffee pods) dishwasher (with tablets), kettle, all the cutlery and crockery you will need. In a little utility room there are mops a high chair, cot plus an Ironing board and iron but NO cloths dryer or airer. If you have a foldup airer bring it to help dry your gear from swimming and outdoor activities. I don't think there are any laundry facilities. In the living area there was a large L shaped couch, a single armchair and a dining table/chairs that could seat 8 at a squeeze. Outside in the patio there was a patio table and chairs and a BBQ station.

5. The TVs have saorview and free to air UK satellite. WiFi signal is great. You shouldn't need it BUT if you want to bring a Chromecast or DVD player etc to entertain the kids there is a HDMI port easily accessable on the side of the chimney breast (the TV is over the fire)

6. The beds all have plugs with built in USB chargers at each bedside locker (Why can't all hotels do that!!!). Each bedroom has a hairdryer which is apparently important to the ladies. The beds though aren't the longest so if you are tall then you may take a night to get used to them. There is lots of wardrobe space but not many hangers. Bring some.

7. Bikes are definitely the way to get around. Everything is fairly compact and you could walk from your lodge to the center in 15 min from most lodges. But you will be there in 3-4 min on a bike. May not sound like a lot but it becomes so much faster to get to activities and you will save half an hour of walking everytime you go to and from the lodge. And with no cars it is very safe for the kids to cycle around. You can rent the bikes but they are a little pricey so it quickly adds up to enough to cover the price of a bike rack if you want to bring your own bikes and then you have a rack for future use. Bring bike locks if you are bringing your own bikes. They are provided free if you rent the bikes here. That said I have seen lots of bikes unlocked and I don't think bike theft is a big problem. Bring backpacks for swimwear etc. It is easier to cycle with a backpack than with ordinary bags hanging from your handlebars.

8. Monday afternoon was the quietest day at the pool so my advice is get in that day and do all the rides etc several times. Every other day there were queues of about 10min but on Monday we could go straight on. But compared to water parks I've seen in Spain Portugal etc the queues are tiny. And there seem to be plenty of lounge chairs and tables around the pool. We never had any problem finding some free ones. It's a communal changing area with private changing cubicles for families and individuals. You enter one side pull down a ledge that locks both sides, change, then lift up the ledge and exit the other side. There seem to be hundreds of lockers that are locked and opened by the rubber bracelets that open your lodge. Never had a problem finding a free locker. There are communal showers with shower gel dispensers. There are also hairdryers and machines that will help dry your swimsuits. Like any hotel there are towels in the lodge but they are meant to last you for the week so don't use them for swimming. They charge €2 to rent extra towels so save money by bringing plenty from home.

9. Book the activities you really want to do in advance on the website. The popular ones are very full. You may have to wait a day or two for a slot if you try to book while here. Activities are expensive but top class. Aerial Adventure is HARD work and terrifying at times. But well worth every cent. Archery, laser combat, canoeing, etc they all have excellent equipment and top class instructors. In contrast the crazy golf is a bit of a ripoff. Rain doesn't halt play. Only thunderstorms apparently do that. Our first morning had heavy rain and wind but all the activities went ahead even the aerial Adventure and Zipline. It can get muddy (we're talking about a forest here) so bring spare runners, boots, coats, tracksuit bottoms etc. There is no bad weather just bad clothes. There isn't a lot of free stuff (well free if you are staying in the park) to do but there is a bit. Most obviously the pool is free and all the rides etc in it are free. There are some playgrounds for the younger ones and even ones that have climbing frames etc to pass some time for up to 10 or 11 year olds. The beach is free to use to sit down and sunbathe etc on sunny days. I saw people building sand castles with old soup containers so I suspect if you bring your own bucket and spade they will let you at it. And of course you can cycle, jog and walk to your heart's content in safety and comfort.

10. Food is a little pricey but the restaurants are good. You can get breakfast/lunch in the sports plaza or pancake house. There is a coffee shop with sandwiches etc. For evening dinner Huck's diner is a burger joint. Cara's Kitchen has nice modern Western cusine. Bella Italia is a modern Italian place. Radesh is an Indian and a little more upmarket in layout and atmosphere. Basically think of the high Street modern franchise chain restaurants you find in most cities. All are very kid friendly and have kids menues. At busy times the wait can be long. Don't plan on grabbing a quick bite if you have less than an hour between activities.

11. If you want to save money then cooking in the lodge is the way to go certainly for breakfast and lunch. When it comes to cooking in the lodge I would say bring the food you want in the car with you. And not because the ParcMarket is expensive. Rather because it is a bit limited. You'll get by there but think of it more as a Spar or Centra rather than a full supermarket. You will also pay Spar/Centra prices so a trip to Aldi/lidl the day before you go is a good strategy. There is a sport shop, a clothes shop, a kids shop, a sweet shop, a sort of upmarket ornament shop. They aren't cheap but then they aren't selling cheap stuff. They are selling good brands at the RRP. But like the food market there isn't a huge selection. If you are looking for good hiking boots you're not going to get them here. Also you are paying full RRP. No sale prices here so online shopping is much cheaper.

12. The staff are all so incredibly friendly it is almost odd at the start. They will greet you with a smile and a big hello (sometimes even as you pass them on the paths). They have clearly been drilled on customer service and it worked.

13. I read on line that this week was a sell out and certainly all the lodges I saw seemed to be occupied and the carpark was pretty full. But in the park it never felt at all crowded. There were plenty of people walking or cycling around but with lots of space. It all felt very relaxed.

Overall it was a great experience. We have done sun holidays to Spain, Portugal etc and this was head and shoulders above any of those. Yes there was very little sun and a lot more rain but still this holiday was the best and even the kids agreed. They all want to come back next year. Before half the internet jump on me yes I know you think a sun holiday by the beach will always be better. Good for you. Everyone is different. For us CenterParcs is the better holiday. Don't take it personally.

Thank you, really really good post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

touts wrote:

Thanks for the honest review. It confirms to me whatever about cost , it would not be my family's idea of a holiday.
    As said before each to their own and I hope it is a success. A friend's wife is a manager there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How much did you spend?

RasTa wrote: »
    How much did you spend?

All in I'd say around the same as we paid for a week in Portugal last year. How much you spend depends on how much you eat out, how many activities you do etc. There are lots of ways to spend money and equally lots of ways to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

All in I'd say around the same as we paid for a week in Portugal last year. How much you spend depends on how much you eat out, how many activities you do etc. There are lots of ways to spend money and equally lots of ways to save money.

How much is that?

One more tip I thought of afterwards. If you rent the bikes there you need to remember where you park them as there are literally hundreds of identical bikes. Try to park them directly at a sign etc but that isn't always possible. Next time we will bring something we can tie onto the bikes to help us identify them. A piece of coloured string or such would make all the difference.

How much is that?

How much did you spend on your last holiday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How much did you spend on your last holiday?

Probably £300 in Barcelona with flights and accommodation for 3 days. Not many activities and no kids.

So what was your figure?

Probably £300 in Barcelona with flights and accommodation for 3 days. Not many activities and no kids.

So what was your figure?

€1149 for 4 nights (5 days) in a 4 bed lodge that sleeps 8 people so thats €143 per person. Activities were extra and don't have an exact total on that but it was around €400. Meals were €20-25 per person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

How much did you spend?

How is that relevant? Do you need to know how much den building activity with kids is despite not having any kids. Or do you just want to judge others by how much they spend on holidays.

While I despise middle class snobbery this penny pinching and whinging around money spend is tiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

As good as that post is, I'm not going to quote the whole bloody thing. Thank you so much for the above info. We'll be flying in very early on the Monday (mid Sept) morning and I was at pains of how I was going to occupy a few hours before we were get on the road to Longford, we'll just head straight over now I'm aware of the above.

For those interested, I'm going to log in later for a snoop around activity prices, I'll post up what I can. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think you can only go to pool from 2 pm on arrival day. But not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

theteal wrote: »
    As good as that post is, I'm not going to quote the whole bloody thing. Thank you so much for the above info. We'll be flying in very early on the Monday (mid Sept) morning and I was at pains of how I was going to occupy a few hours before we were get on the road to Longford, we'll just head straight over now I'm aware of the above.

For those interested, I'm going to log in later for a snoop around activity prices, I'll post up what I can. . .

Actually saw a thing on Facebook earlier from center park saying that you can come down from 10, you can do shopping too and if it’s over 40 euro they will deliver it direct to your cabin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

OK, curiosity got the better of me so I delayed what I was supposed to be doing (painting) to have a nose through the prices. FYI - it's not an easy to view list, you need to click into the activity, then click into the availability calendar and if there are slots available you can see the price, quite painful to come up with the meager list below. Prices are per person except the cabana.
    Aerial Adventure - 28
    Laser Combat - 20
    Adventure golf - 8
    Aerial Tree Trekking - 26
    All Archery - 30
    Field Archery - 22
    Canoe Capers - 22
    Build a Nature House - 20
    Double Kayak Hire - 12.50
    Cabana 3 hours (up to 6 people) - 70

Not sure I'll be doing much of the above as we'll have a <3yr old and the in-laws have a <1yr old. I've got to admit, I've begun to actually look forward to it (yeah, a trip to Longford. . .that requires us foreigners to get up early for a flight!). That pool looks savage and our little one will lose her sh!t when she see's it, the trip will be worth it for that alone!

Now I'm off painting. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

After saying I wouldn’t book any activities I booked the lads in for pony rides. 12 euro each.

Love the look of that aerial adventure.

fits wrote: »

Love the look of that aerial adventure.

The 170m Zipwire across a lake is the least scary part of of the course. I was so relieved to reach the top of the tower and just have that left. Really glad I did it (but never again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Can anyone post up how much the feckin activities cost? All anyone says if it really adds up, no matter where you go these things cost

Is it worth kayaking in a man made pond in the middle of a coilte pine forest in Longford

The location looked flat and uninteresting, is it?

Were there activities you could do on a rainy day like tomorrow?

How much was the food?

What did they do, how were the gaffs

All we have so far is a let's say dubious review of the kinds of people who go there,, and that smelt of manure, Leo's people by the sounds of it

So made up

There are hardly any videos up on YouTube about it, the pool looked crappy enough from what I could see in the videos, a lot of it outside?

It might be great, but didn't look as good as the aquadome

Just on the kayaking. It sounds like an ideal safe place to introduce kids to kayaking which is a great fun activity.

Wind, current and other boat traffic won't be an issue.

If they like it take them to one of the hire places on the Shannon next and thy can build their skills even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Don't want to quote your whole post but just to say thanks, I've been hunting this thread for weeks awaiting an informative post. Great work.

Fully agree with your point here by the way. I used to love sun holidays but with young children, I felt that letting them spend their summer vacation melting just so I could get some r'n'r in the sun wasn't right and have done these types of holidays for 4 years now, find them much more enjoyable for this stage of my life.

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is there a bar and do the restaurants serve booze?

awec wrote: »
    Is there a bar and do the restaurants serve booze?

There is a sports bar "The Sports Plaza" but it is more of a central hub for all the indoor activities. The restaurants do serve beer, wine, cocktails etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im going to book for a week next june to see what its like

any benefit taking an exec lodge over the parkland one? 3 bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Cyrus wrote: »
    im going to book for a week next june to see what its like

any benefit taking an exec lodge over the parkland one? 3 bed

Housekeeping service is the big difference I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Housekeeping service is the big difference I think.

is it a daily service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Cyrus wrote: »
    is it a daily service?

That's what the description says.
    (Double check before you hit book)

Advertisement