Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Center Parcs Experience

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My Wife booked centre parc in Longford for us and the kids, we took two cabins and for a week in September it worked out @ 2400 euros....and you could not book any actives as they were not up yet (booked in January)...

We have spent another 1000 euros on the actives....Jesus in a blanket...it is dear....

Any way a word of warning......we booked in January for September, we paid 730 deposit and another 200 of the holiday. In March we were considering cancelling the booking, and rang up the customer service enquiring about cancelling the booking.

They informed us that we would lose the 730 euros deposit...we were giving 6 months’ notice for god sake yet they would not return the deposit. I mean if they kept 200 euros fine but 730....anyway we did not cancel, but just letting you know.....book only if you are going.

You cancel six months in advance and you still lose €750? :eek: Why do Center Parcs have the sheer gall to call that a “deposit” in that case?

That sounds pretty despicable. If I were you I would be picketing Center Parcs Longford right outside their front gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

JupiterKid wrote: »
    You cancel six months in advance and you still lose €750? :eek: Why do Center Parcs have the sheer gall to call that a “deposit” in that case?

That sounds pretty despicable. If I were you I would be picketing Center Parcs Longford right outside their front gates.

That’s what deposits are for, what else could they call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Depends on whom you are describing as scum. Several of our nomadic brethren are well heeled and will happily rock up to CP.

The activities are for active, middle class families. They wouldn't interest the plebs even if they could afford it.

• Site Banned Posts: 8 Trumpet22

gogo wrote: »
    My sons favorite ‘ever’ memory is of been thrown into the air and landing in the sea when on holidays.. tried it in Tramore but sure nearly killed him with frost bite. :)

Kids memories are not as good as you think they are. More likely is you remember it and then it creates the memory in their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Trumpet22 wrote: »
    Kids memories are not as good as you think they are. More likely is you remember it and then it creates the memory in their head.

I was brought to Malta at about 20 months old.

I remember a blue beach ball and being frightened when a ships horn went off in my vicinity. That's all I took from it.

My father said I was a living nightmare to deal with. Crying, getting sick all over the place, harassing guests, not sleeping. Absolute hell for all involved, the angriest baby in the world.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not exactly your area of expertise though is it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

salmocab wrote: »
    That’s what deposits are for, what else could they call them?

It is surprising how many people think a deposit is "a seriously considering it payment". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I was brought to Malta at about 20 months old.

I remember a blue beach ball and being frightened when a ships horn went off in my vicinity. That's all I took from it.

My father said I was a living nightmare to deal with. Crying, getting sick all over the place, harassing guests, not sleeping. Absolute hell for all involved, the angriest baby in the world.:eek:

apparently most babies don't take well to sudden and extreme changes in climate and daily routine, who knew :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cienciano wrote: »
    I was in one in England for a weekend, personally €1700 for a week in august is too much, but €850 in September is appealing. Depends on the type of holiday you want. I'm not interested in a sun holiday in Spain.

I stayed in a treehouse as they call it, I didn't pay but imagine very expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwK86C1jF-w

I can understand why everyone buggered off and left the drip on his own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

That kid is nine, been going on holidays abroad since he’s been 3.. he’s gets thrown into the sea every year because it’s his favorite thing.. but sure you can tell me what you know about my nine year olds sons memories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

gogo wrote: »
    Um... mainly the fact that most of us like taking time out with our kids..This may come as a surprise to you but most of us love our kids and enjoy spending time with them.

My sons favorite ‘ever’ memory is of been thrown into the air and landing in the sea when on holidays.. tried it in Tramore but sure nearly killed him with frost bite. :)

We have gone to campsites across Europe, cheap enough holidays guaranteed sun.. and two blissful stress free weeks with my kids.. if they don’t remember the earlier ones.. that’s ok, I do.

Exactly, I remember most holidays with my folks and they were the best of memories now that the old man is gone. Looking back at the photos they really did their best to make things magical for us even if it was Trabolgan. Priceless memories.

My favourite memory is on a camel in Wexford. Recently found the polaroid to go with it. Its what your parents make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I went to one an we found out there was a swingers meeting going on. Never did find out where.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,055 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Do you pay for all activities on top of the accommodation?

Depends what sort of activities you're talking about :eek:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/a1385104-Center-Parcs-Anal-sex

(NSFW)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Two grand for a week in Longford

I think not

Two grand?!!!!

The boom is back baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I think I'll book a week there just knowing I'll never get to meet any of the negative people on this thread

This place is going to be fantastic for both the local economy and the Irish holiday scene

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I think I'll book a week there just knowing I'll never get to meet any of the negative people on this thread

This place is going to be fantastic for both the local economy and the Irish holiday scene

Did you get your name badge polished up ready for the summer season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

LOL.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    This place is going to be fantastic for both the local economy and the Irish holiday svinging scene

FYP :p

I went to one an we found out there was a swingers meeting going on. Never did find out where.

It's strictly on a need-to-know basis, Samuel, sorry. *taps side of nose* Bit of a breach of the old security protocols that a normal type even knew it was happening, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The playground of course, just past the slide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

There was a figure given here of 2500 euro for a week, saw an ad for house keeping staff for CP at the princely rate of 9.80 an hour. It isn't the staff costs generating the steep prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Then you went to Ibiza after your Leaving Cert and had exactly the same experience? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

There was a figure given here of 2500 euro for a week, saw an ad for house keeping staff for CP at the princely rate of 9.80 an hour. It isn't the staff costs generating the steep prices.

That was for two of the biggest houses in September! Outdoor tub and all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

fits wrote: »
    That was for two of the biggest houses in September! Outdoor tub and all.

Kids are back to school in September.

Like what benefit is there to bring a 5 year old or 6 month old on a holiday? They won't remember or appreciate it.
    Because you enjoy their company, and you want to have them with you?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Would not be my cup of tea.

And what's the point of bringing young kids on holiday anyways? Talk of bringing toddlers? Leave them with someone else and enjoy yourselves. Young kids have no thanks for it anyways. All it does is see holidays as a right rather than a luxury.

Like what benefit is there to bring a 5 year old or 6 month old on a holiday? They won't remember or appreciate it.

6 months maybe not, but 5 year old will absolutely remember a holiday. My son recalls things we did on Holidays at three years old. Plus WE have wonderful memories and photographs of us all away together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I fully agree with 6 months. I would only bring a child that young as I wouldn't feel right spawning them off on someone else.

5 years is nonsense. We went to Disneyland Paris maybe 10 years ago while we enjoyed the rides and that but quickly saw it as a well marketed way of taking money off you.

Went again with the kids (3 & 6) in November and seeing it through their eyes where it was "real" and meeting the characters,even just walking around was probably my favourite holiday.

Less extreme example, holiday in Portugal sitting by the pool with your other half is perfectly great but you bring your kids of that age and you have a completely (for better or worse) different holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

ziedth wrote: »
    I fully agree with 6 months. I would only bring a child that young as I wouldn't feel right spawning them off on someone else.

5 years is nonsense. We went to Disneyland Paris maybe 10 years ago while we enjoyed the rides and that but quickly saw it as a well marketed way of taking money off you.

Went again with the kids (3 & 6) in November and seeing it through there eyes where it was "real" and meeting the characters,even just walking around was probably my favourite holiday.

Less extreme example, holiday in Portugal sitting by the pool with your other half is perfectly great but you bring your kids of that age and you have a completely (for better or worse) different holiday.
    Did you tell the kids that the "character" were only men in suits?

I already have a job, thanks

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote: »
    Kids are back to school in September.

many parents take the kids on holidays the first week in september

Advertisement