Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Gaming Build

Options
  • 27-12-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new pc for gaming, mostly for playing stuff like GTA V or Witcher 3. Don't need anything too fancy, just something that'll play things smoothly @ 1080p now and the next few years.

1. What is your budget? ~€600

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, mostly offline

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Will probably reuse some old harddrives, but plan to get a new SSD for this build

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] Only need a wireless card

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Initially no, but might in a few years when it starts struggling with future titles

8. How can you pay? Debit card

9. When are you purchasing? No rush, so probably in a week or two

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Should be fine re building

Thoughts on this build from CCL? I'm thinking of using this as a baseline for researching components since I'm a few years out of the loop. It's their own build with a few customizable options so I assume the a similar build, or one with a few improvements, could be put together for a better price?

• Aero Cool Cylon Mini Mid Tower Gaming Case - Black
    • ASUS PRIME H310M-E Intel Socket 1151 Motherboard
    • Intel Core i3 8100 3.6GHz Quad Core (Socket 1151)
    • 8GB CCL Choice 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
    • CCL Choice GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics Card
    • Adata Ultimate SU650 480GB 2.5" SATA III SSD
    • Aero Cool Integrator OEM 500W 80+ Bronze PSU
    • Edimax EW-7612PIn V2 OEM 300Mbps PCI Express WiFi
    • 3 Year Collect & Return warranty
    • Mains Power Cable

£542.99 inc VAT

With delivery and conversion it comes a bit above budget, but I think something along these lines will suit my needs?

Comments

Advertisement