Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

morrga wrote: »
    Deluded

Ironically

Why cant we learn from other countries mistakes and simply put these people back on the planes and charge the airlines who allowed them to board the price of the return flight.

this does actually happen to those caught at the airport trying to enter illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

deleting post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

tretorn wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/uk-and-france-pledge-drive-to-tackle-people-smuggling-in-channel-1.3744544

It looks like France and the UK are joining forces to deal wth the illegal invasion of immigrants.

I was afraid France would encourage the immigrants to go to the UK as then its Britains problem if Brexit actually happens. Its too easy to get to our shores from the UK and we have enough arriving on planes and getting in seemingly easily enough without having to inspect lorries and ferries arriving from the UK.

Anyone in Dublin City Centre over Christmas must have been gobsmacked at the amount of non nationals, we have no idea of the numbers here, you could stand on O Connell Street and not hear a word of English. We are being swamped.

Invasion? Really? If the refugees continue tocross the channel at their current numbers they'll be able to fill wembley by the end of the century.

I've seen stags with bigger numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Brian? wrote: »
    I linked their actual policies. The policies they stand for election on. Did you read it?

You’re telling me those articles were passed at the 1998 Are Fheis. Can you link where you got this information, I can’t find it.

If it is true, couldn’t their positions have evolved?

I’ll concede you didn’t make it up. Apologies. You are wrong though, Sinn Fein are not advocating an open border policy.

Brian, I believe that was a genuine apology. Thank you.

Now, I've a sick head this morning but it was easy to find a link. And to make sure it more palatable for you, I just focused on the Sinn Fein website; there are many more links outside of that:
    http://www.sinnfein.org/ardfheis/98ardfheis/
    And specifically,
    http://www.sinnfein.org/ardfheis/98ardfheis/je.html where you have this:
    Considering this country's history of emigration Sinn Fein deplores all attempts to limit the numbers of political and economic refugees into the country and supports the full integration of the aforementioned refugees into society.
    Without a doubt, policies can evolve. However, Sinn Fein has not officially changed from their official position of unrestricted immigration into Ireland. Their motions and articles from the 1998 Ard Fheis have not "officially" been amended, so this is why you will hear a pause anytime a Sinn Fein representative is asked about it; they are themselves confused.

So here is the crux of the argument. The reason why I, and so many people like me are pissed about Sinn Fein's stance on open borders is that simply it is not unsustainable. And people like me, who spent a lifetime supporting Sinn Fein feel like we were sold out by Sinn Fein ...... not in a cultural way, but as contributing tax payer/contributor into the system, we will be the ones to pay extra taxes until we're broke, in order to pay for an ideal of unrestricted immigration into Ireland that is not realistic.

There is no party in Ireland that represents my views, and I have the feeling that there are a substantial amount of people like me in the country. We want a party that reflects our views on many social/political issues, but none exist. Many of use believe that immigration is good, but unrestricted immigration is terrible. Many of us believe that the tax paying/contributing member of Irish society is being taken for a proverbial ride by those political parties who seem focused on those who do not want to work or are playing the system. We just want a fair system for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

McGiver wrote: »
    My post was mostly about the hypocrisy of a Russian guy concerned about few Muslims in Ireland, pointing out the fact that there are millions of Muslims in Russia, several hundred thousand in Moscow. The portrayal of Russia (and/or Putin) as some sort of a defender of Europe against Islamic hordes is a total BS.

I'm sure police will get you in Russia innocent or guilty, it's a feckin police state and oligarchy with a despotic political regime, and always has been. But I'd like to see evidence on how many Muslims exactly live in Russia, the numbers are not exactly clear. I don't think they are that good with documenting after all.

From Wiki:
    More recently, President Putin consolidated this trend, subsidizing the creation of mosques and Islamic education, which he called an "integral part of Russia's cultural code", encouraging immigration from Muslim-majority former Soviet bloc states, and condemning what the Russian state considers to be criminal anti-Muslim hate speech, such as caricatures of the Muhammad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Can see how spoofers like Jordan Peterson, John Paul Watson and Stefan Monyleaux insidious hatred spreads into the mainstream with threads like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

20Cent wrote: »
    Can see how spoofers like Jordan Peterson, John Paul Watson and Stefan Monyleaux insidious hatred spreads into the mainstream with threads like this.

Hate, hate, hate. Everything that goes against the politically correct Liberal Leftist consensus is "hatred" isn't it?

Kivaro wrote: »
    Brian, I believe that was a genuine apology. Thank you.

Now, I've a sick head this morning but it was easy to find a link. And to make sure it more palatable for you, I just focused on the Sinn Fein website; there are many more links outside of that:
    http://www.sinnfein.org/ardfheis/98ardfheis/
    And specifically,
    http://www.sinnfein.org/ardfheis/98ardfheis/je.html where you have this:

Without a doubt, policies can evolve. However, Sinn Fein has not officially changed from their official position of unrestricted immigration into Ireland. Their motions and articles from the 1998 Ard Fheis have not "officially" been amended, so this is why you will hear a pause anytime a Sinn Fein representative is asked about it; they are themselves confused.

So here is the crux of the argument. The reason why I, and so many people like me are pissed about Sinn Fein's stance on open borders is that simply it is not unsustainable. And people like me, who spent a lifetime supporting Sinn Fein feel like we were sold out by Sinn Fein ...... not in a cultural way, but as contributing tax payer/contributor into the system, we will be the ones to pay extra taxes until we're broke, in order to pay for an ideal of unrestricted immigration into Ireland that is not realistic.

There is no party in Ireland that represents my views, and I have the feeling that there are a substantial amount of people like me in the country. We want a party that reflects our views on many social/political issues, but none exist. Many of use believe that immigration is good, but unrestricted immigration is terrible. Many of us believe that the tax paying/contributing member of Irish society is being taken for a proverbial ride by those political parties who seem focused on those who do not want to work or are playing the system. We just want a fair system for all of us.

Sinn Fein today are nothing more than opportunists. If something is the in-thing and trendy, they'll jump on board to get votes.

They have become a joke. What we need in Ireland is a proper Nationalist and Conservative political party that will put Ireland and Irish people first.

Ireland is long overdue a Donald Trump moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Not when RoI is a signatory to Geneva Refugee convention and the member of the EU.

Ireland has a veto on taking in refugees. We got it in one of the referendums that we didn't vote the right way in the first time and had to vote again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

DS86DS wrote: »
    Hate, hate, hate. Everything that goes against the politically correct Liberal Leftist consensus is "hatred" isn't it?

Not at all.
    Just refering to those individuals. One can see the crap they spread reflected in many posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I dont hate anyone except people who blow up little girls at a concert because some Prophet or other told them music is evil.

I dont want anyone allowed into this country who uses religion as an excuse not to shake the hand of a person of the opposite gender. I see Denmark is now insisting that if immigrants get citizenship they are to shake hands at the citizenship ceremony, obviously if backward people refuse to do this then they dont get citizenship, simple as. Denmark has had enough of pandering to this nonsense and if they dont get a grip now they will end up like Sweden. I wonder is the murder of the Danish woman in Morocco a result of Denmark hardening its stance against Muslims, the murder of the Swedish and Danish woman was utterly bestial but its what a lot of Muslims would do to Western women if they got half a chance.They consider Western men to be weak, imagine allowing women to dress as they please, go where they like and marry and divorce who they like too, no wonder the Muslim men want to destroy our way of life. Dont ever underestimate how much they loathe us, you do this at your peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Sinn Fein today are nothing more than opportunists. If something is the in-thing and trendy, they'll jump on board to get votes.

They have become a joke. What we need in Ireland is a proper Nationalist and Conservative political party that will put Ireland and Irish people first.

Will you be Irelands Trump?

I dont hate anyone except people who blow up little girls at a concert because some Prophet or other told them music is evil.

I dont want anyone allowed into this country who uses religion as an excuse not to shake the hand of a person of the opposite gender. I see Denmark is now insisting that if immigrants get citizenship they are to shake hands at the citizenship ceremony, obviously if backward people refuse to do this then they dont get citizenship, simple as. Denmark has had enough of pandering to this nonsense and if they dont get a grip now they will end up like Sweden. I wonder is the murder of the Danish woman in Morocco a result of Denmark hardening its stance against Muslims, the murder of the Swedish and Danish woman was utterly bestial but its what a lot of Muslims would do to Western women if they got half a chance.They consider Western men to be weak, imagine allowing women to dress as they please, go where they like and marry and divorce who they like too, no wonder the Muslim men want to destroy our way of life. Dont ever underestimate how much they loathe us, you do this at your peril.

Spot on. Denmark and Sweden were once among the safest countries in the world. Scandinavians are a High IQ people and like Germans tend to be by the book when it comes to adhering laws, particularly when it comes to stuff like crossing the roads when there are red lights on display.

Basically a hard working, highly intelligent and law abiding (perhaps excessively so at times) that made these nice societies to live in. Their Leftist political leaders have signed them up for a cultural suicide pact.

They have imported into their countries in large waves what is essentially the world's most violent and oppressive religion. There is nowhere in the world, from Hungary to India that has not witnessed and been the victim of Islamic brutality.

And the Islamic Holy Book is quite clear on these matters. You are either in the House of Islam, or you are an Infidel worthy only of death. The Quaran encourages violence and beheading of those who do not submit to Islam.

It is sad to see such an intelligent and civilised people openly transforming their countries into low-IQ, high crime, Sharia Law hellholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

Almost one-third of newly homeless families are non-nationals
    www.irishtimes.com

One third on list foreign now, fast tracking these syrians to houses as well.
    Apparently the next recession is underway at the minute, we'll skype the kids in canada and oz again soon enough, great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Merkels replacement has stated there will be no more large scale refugee influx allowed into Germany.

Its too late now though, the million that Merkel let in will be six million in twenty years because Muslims like all those religions that treat women like chattels have big familys and people marry while they are too young to protest about whether they actually want to marry or not, its not as if women would ever have a realistic choice anyway,they are the property of their father and then the property of whoever the father wants to pass on his property to.

Germany is a very bureaucratic country country and they will know which children are being born and where they goto school. If Germany insists that Muslim children attend mixed schools like all other German children then they may avoid Brussels, Dutch and Parisian ghettoes. We cant even make traveller children attend school or get travellers to obey any laws so we will have no success integrating Muslims, they will come here and cherry pick the part of Irish society that they like and then live within their own communities and abide by Sharia law.

Even Hilary Clinton has seen the dangers of mass immigration and warned if Europe doesnt get a grip with it there will be mass movement of voters to far right parties. Those who influence decisions regarding immigration want truckloads of badly educated migrants because they will do dirty work for very little money and in many cases this work will be done in the black economy while the refugee lives off benefits. The wealthy then get richer and richer and they live in nice parts of the country and not beside ghettoes of anti social housing where its impossible for decent people to rear their families, in some areas people cant let their children out to play at all.

Our politicans should go and visit the Muslim ghettoes in Brussels and Paris and some parts of the Netherlands, it might wake them up.

enricoh wrote: »
    www.irishtimes.com

Apparently the next recession is underway at the minute, we'll skype the kids in canada and oz again soon enough, great job!

Welcome to Leo's Ireland.

Rashid and Ahmad In Moore Street and Rory and Aoife in Melbourne

Welcome to Leo's Ireland.

Rashid and Ahmad In Moore Street and Rory and Aoife in Melbourne

Welcome to Putin's Russia. I'm sure you would prefer that than RoI.
    1. Putin has said that Orthodox Christianity is much closer to Islam than Catholicism is.
    2. Putin is believed to have backed protests by Muslims in Russia against Charlie Hebdo cartoons and the West.
    3. Putin has allowed the de facto implementation of Sharia law in Chechnya by Ramzan Kadyrov, including polygamy and enforced veiling.

enricoh wrote: »
    www.irishtimes.com

So they are taking the houses ahead of Irish people and filling up the homeless lists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

More recently, President Putin consolidated this trend, subsidizing the creation of mosques and Islamic education, which he called an "integral part of Russia's cultural code", encouraging immigration from Muslim-majority former Soviet bloc states, and condemning what the Russian state considers to be criminal anti-Muslim hate speech, such as caricatures of the Muhammad.

My interpretation of this statement McGiver, is that Moscow will bring them under direct control. And this will not be a bad thing, and may even be the way to go, if it means that Jihadi preachers will be weeded out, and a more "Peaceable" version of Islam is taught. Because the only real long term solution to Islamic radicalism will have to come from within Islam itself. And what is taught in ANY school or University in Russia, is state controlled..... Russia is a vast Country, and has many Muslim countries within it, so of course the Islamic population must be looked after, but it will be on Moscow's terms.

Ireland has a veto on taking in refugees. We got it in one of the referendums that we didn't vote the right way in the first time and had to vote again.
    Ireland has an opt-out from EU migration policy. And on top of that immigration policies are not an EU compentency, it has not been delegated to the EU by th member states. It's the member states' competency.

But as a signatory of Geneva Convention on Refugees, RoI has to handle people seeking asylum etc. accordingly, of course it can reject many of the applications and set rules within limits of the Convention and any associated EU law.

• Advertisement

Welcome to Putin's Russia. I'm sure you would prefer that than RoI.
    1. Putin has said that Orthodox Christianity is much closer to Islam than Catholicism is.
    2. Putin is believed to have backed protests by Muslims in Russia against Charlie Hebdo cartoons and the West.
    3. Putin has allowed the de facto implementation of Sharia law in Chechnya by Ramzan Kadyrov, including polygamy and enforced veiling.

Ramzam Kadyrov was put in charge in Chechnya to control the people by any means...including the severest form of Islam. He was not elected by popular choice, for sure. But so far he has prevented the 3rd Chechen war from breaking out...and while Moscow is pumping lots of money into Grozny, it will stay quiet...and Ramzan will remain in charge. if the money well was ever to dry up...then all would change. Vladimer is as you know, a master Chess player..and I'm pretty sure that anything he does is to consolidate his power. Last thing he want's is a powerfull Muslim group stirring up trouble... In the past there were calls for Chechnya and Dagestan to be come independent Islamic states, ( 1st and 2nd Chechen Wars) , A lot of that sentiment remains and Putin is not going to allow that sentiment to grow. Ramzan is not a popular figure in Chechnya, but he is very powerfull one.

jmreire wrote: »

My interpretation of this statement McGiver, is that Moscow will bring them under direct control. And this will not be a bad thing, and may even be the way to go, if it means that Jihadi preachers will be weeded out, and a more "Peaceable" version of Islam is taught. Because the only real long term solution to Islamic radicalism will have to come from within Islam itself. And what is taught in ANY school or University in Russia, is state controlled..... Russia is a vast Country, and has many Muslim countries within it, so of course the Islamic population must be looked after, but it will be on Moscow's terms.

Fair enough, but this approach had already backfired in the past. State control over religion, even if successfully implemented (which is not completely possible imho) won't last long, it may actually achieve the opposite in the end. By asserting control and repression you may stimulate growth/developement of sects/schools of thought in Islam which may be more radical, more political and more anti-system in their core.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No. But wanting to allow immigrants to drown rather than making it across the English Channel or Mediterranean is hate.

Referring to refugees as an invading horde is hate.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

You’re yearning for a liar, blowhard and demigogue to set us on the right path?

they/them/theirs

Spot on. Denmark and Sweden were once among the safest countries in the world. Scandinavians are a High IQ people and like Germans tend to be by the book when it comes to adhering laws, particularly when it comes to stuff like crossing the roads when there are red lights on display.

Basically a hard working, highly intelligent and law abiding (perhaps excessively so at times) that made these nice societies to live in. Their Leftist political leaders have signed them up for a cultural suicide pact.

They have imported into their countries in large waves what is essentially the world's most violent and oppressive religion. There is nowhere in the world, from Hungary to India that has not witnessed and been the victim of Islamic brutality.

And the Islamic Holy Book is quite clear on these matters. You are either in the House of Islam, or you are an Infidel worthy only of death. The Quaran encourages violence and beheading of those who do not submit to Islam.

It is sad to see such an intelligent and civilised people openly transforming their countries into low-IQ, high crime, Sharia Law hellholes.

What’s your obsession with IQ?

It’s a poor measure of ability. It’s a shockingly poor way to measure a group.

they/them/theirs

Fair enough, but this approach had already backfired in the past. State control over religion, even if successfully implemented (which is not completely possible imho) won't last long, it may actually achieve the opposite in the end. By asserting control and repression you may stimulate growth/developement of sects/schools of thought in Islam which may be more radical, more political and more anti-system in their core.

The thing is MvGiver..Vladimer has proven that he is more than capable of thinking " Outside the box"...... confronting Religion ( as the Chinese are presently doing with the Uighur's and Christians ) will at some time provoke a backlash, which with the Chinese, will lead to another Tianamin Square" episode, only much worse. Vladimer is not going down that route.....he will try to control it from within. Imaams will be carefully selected, and the curricular carefully controlled..

Brian? wrote: »
    What’s your obsession with IQ?

It’s a poor measure of ability. It’s a shockingly poor way to measure a group.

No it isn't a poor measure of ability. It is the most scientifically accurate and most tested form of intelligence grading that we have and has stood the test of time. Science and statistics don't lie, it's all there in plain sight.

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You realise both Denmark and Sweden still rank.as one of the safest countries in the world? Denmark is at 5th...
    jmreire wrote: »
    Ramzam Kadyrov was put in charge in Chechnya to control the people by any means...including the severest form of Islam. He was not elected by popular choice, for sure. But so far he has prevented the 3rd Chechen war from breaking out...and while Moscow is pumping lots of money into Grozny, it will stay quiet...and Ramzan will remain in charge. if the money well was ever to dry up...then all would change. Vladimer is as you know, a master Chess player..and I'm pretty sure that anything he does is to consolidate his power. Last thing he want's is a powerfull Muslim group stirring up trouble... In the past there were calls for Chechnya and Dagestan to be come independent Islamic states, ( 1st and 2nd Chechen Wars) , A lot of that sentiment remains and Putin is not going to allow that sentiment to grow. Ramzan is not a popular figure in Chechnya, but he is very powerfull one.
    Ramzan came to prominence again last year for gay purges. But besides that, he's known for having death squads, torturing his enemies. Kidnapping people. He even had a guy assassinated in Vienna a few years back. So he's a tyrant appointed by Putin.(know we probably agree on this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

nope, just stuff that is actually, well, hatred.

such a party is never going to exist. you might get a nationalist and conservative party or a party who is one of those, but they won't be putting ireland and irish people first.

it really isn't, and thankfully i think most people have saw enough with trump to put them off voting for similar here.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement

why only those people? surely you would have some hate toards other murderers as well?
    I dont want anyone allowed into this country who uses religion as an excuse not to shake the hand of a person of the opposite gender.

how does it effect you as to who shakes hands with who?
    I see Denmark is now insisting that if immigrants get citizenship they are to shake hands at the citizenship ceremony, obviously if backward people refuse to do this then they dont get citizenship, simple as.

there are actual reasons to refuse citizenship, this isn't one of them.

Denmark has had enough of pandering to this nonsense and if they dont get a grip now they will end up like Sweden. I wonder is the murder of the Danish woman in Morocco a result of Denmark hardening its stance against Muslims, the murder of the Swedish and Danish woman was utterly bestial but its what a lot of Muslims would do to Western women if they got half a chance.They consider Western men to be weak, imagine allowing women to dress as they please, go where they like and marry and divorce who they like too, no wonder the Muslim men want to destroy our way of life. Dont ever underestimate how much they loathe us, you do this at your peril.

sounds like more of the "white genocide is coming" type guff.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

it's amazing how so many who are so against islam and muslims are such experts on it, and have read, and are such experts in, it's holy book.

Merkels replacement has stated there will be no more large scale refugee influx allowed into Germany.

given the only reason merkel took in refugees was to ease the burdin on other european countries, the work is sufficiently done at this stage.
    Its too late now though, the million that Merkel let in will be six million in twenty years because Muslims like all those religions that treat women like chattels have big familys and people marry while they are too young to protest about whether they actually want to marry or not, its not as if women would ever have a realistic choice anyway,they are the property of their father and then the property of whoever the father wants to pass on his property to.

big families are had by some non-religious as well funnily enough. and there is absolutely no proof what soever that all of the refugees who have arived in german will have big families. some of them may do but even so, they will only ever mount up to a very tiny proportion of germany's population.

Germany is a very bureaucratic country country and they will know which children are being born and where they goto school. If Germany insists that Muslim children attend mixed schools like all other German children then they may avoid Brussels, Dutch and Parisian ghettoes.

it was the governments housing refugees together that caused the ghettoes. insisting muslim children attend mixed schools won't eradicate that issue. not sticking all of them together in the first place would have dealt with the issue.
    We cant even make traveller children attend school or get travellers to obey any laws

actually, we can. we just refuse to fund the resources we have to do such in a sufficient manner so that they can do it.

so we will have no success integrating Muslims, they will come here and cherry pick the part of Irish society that they like and then live within their own communities and abide by Sharia law.

we have muslims in ireland. have had for a long time. yet i have saw no evidence what soever of the existence of sharia law in ireland. our laws effectively make it illegal anyway thankfully.
    Even Hilary Clinton has seen the dangers of mass immigration and warned if Europe doesnt get a grip with it there will be mass movement of voters to far right parties.

there won't be mass movement to far right parties, but there will be some movement. however as we know, such parties will only focus on immigration and nothing else. if people are thick enough to move to far right parties then i guess that is what they deserve.
    Those who influence decisions regarding immigration want truckloads of badly educated migrants because they will do dirty work for very little money and in many cases this work will be done in the black economy while the refugee lives off benefits.

living off benefits while working is not unique to refugees as we know. yes absolutely businesses want immigrants so that they can have cheaper labour and most people are against such exploitation, however at the end of the day it is business and getting labour as cheaply as possible is 1 aspect of both business and capitalism.
    The wealthy then get richer and richer and they live in nice parts of the country and not beside ghettoes of anti social housing where its impossible for decent people to rear their families, in some areas people cant let their children out to play at all.

plenty of decent people are able to bring up their children in social housing, have done so and do so. yes there are problems with anti-social behaviour in areas and that absolutely needs to be addressed. however for the most part social housing aren't ghettoes and most people who live in such housing are decent.
    as for the wealthy getting richer, that would continue whoever would be in government. some far right party would do absolutely nothing about it either.
    Our politicans should go and visit the Muslim ghettoes in Brussels and Paris and some parts of the Netherlands, it might wake them up.

they have woken up already. that is why they have the policy on refugees and immigration they do, because it's what the majority are happy with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

there are actual reasons to refuse citizenship, this isn't one of them.

Actually i believe it is.
    Its a very simple test if they can integrate with the society that they want to become citizens of.

If they are unable to set aside whatever their beliefs are for a brief moment and follow the rules for the sake of getting citizenship( ie. Simply shake hands) then you can be certain they will disregard any of the countries laws and prioritize their beliefs which is a very bad thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

Its a very simple test if they can integrate with the society that they want to become citizens of.

If they are unable to set aside whatever their beliefs are for a brief moment and follow the rules for the sake of getting citizenship( ie. Simply shake hands) then you can be certain they will disregard any of the countries laws and prioritize their beliefs which is a very bad thing.

My husband's workplace was visited by a very venerable world leader. One of the greeting committee refused to shake her hand.

A colleague pointed out how disrespectful that was. Met with "I choose not to shake hands with females". The reply was "How would you feel if she said I don't shake hands with Muslims?"

The answer is telling "she has no right to say that".

it's actually not though. people will refuse to shake hands with someone for many different reasons. how do we prove that the person refusing to shake hands is doing so because someone is the opposite sex for example, rather then them simply meeting before and not liking each other.

actually, you can't be certain of it at all. someone may refuse to shake hands with someone for whatever reason, but would be whole heartedly against the committal of the majority or all of the acts that would be against the law in their host country.

• Advertisement

it's actually not though. people will refuse to shake hands with someone for many different reasons. how do we prove that the person refusing to shake hands is doing so because someone is the opposite sex for example, rather then them simply meeting before and not liking each other.

What are you talking about? It's a foolproof test for extremist terrorists. Just offer to shake their hand and if they don't then point at them and scream "ISIS".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Immigrants in
    Racist boards.ie posters OUT.
    Take the FG supporters with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

Immigrants in

Wonderful contribution peter, thanks a mill

Immigrants in

Yeah dude. That simple eh ?

What are you talking about? It's a foolproof test for extremist terrorists. Just offer to shake their hand and if they don't then point at them and scream "ISIS".

It reminds me of the anti terror training in Sacha Baron Cohen's new TV show. The amount of stupid things that people come to believe.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    It reminds me of the anti terror training in Sacha Baron Cohen's new TV show. The amount of stupid things that people come to believe.

No one is saying it's a way of spotting a terrorist.

It is however a way of showing you've no intention of leaving your backward customs behind.

you are actually right. i don't know what i was thinking of. must be the old christmas drinking.

on a serious note, the anti-islam types on here actually seem to believe this would be a way of detecting isis members.

It is however a way of showing you've no intention of leaving your backward customs behind.

how is it. as i said above, the person refusing to shake the hand may have met the person who's hand they are expected to shake before, and may just not like them. nothing to do with them being the opposite sex. perhapse they don't like shaking hands with anyone at any time. they may even have a varient of OCD by where they have issues touching strangers. all sorts of possibilities that ultimately make shaking hands as a test for anything unviable and unworkable and unreliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

baldbear wrote: »
    2 families coming to my town in Longford. Locals did a collection for them because they wanted to make them feel welcome.

I prefer to see them in my town that all the lazy dole heads.

Hope you don't have any young daughters

Orthodox Jews, of which there were plenty in pre-WW2 Europe and in many places still are even now, are doing exactly that. Stick to their, you could say "backward" customs. Back to you.

Hope you don't have any young daughters

Why so? Please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Spot on. Denmark and Sweden were once among the safest countries in the world.
    2018 safest countries - https://amp.businessinsider.com/safest-countries-in-the-world-2018-6

Denmark - 5th safest
    Sweden - 14th safest
    USA - ???

It's also interesting that you want Ireland to take in more migrants from Kazhakstan, what with your preoccupation with IQ and them having a higher average IQ than Ireland.

No, it was claimed that it was sure fire way to spot a person willing to break the country's laws. It's not. You'd also imagine by the way you're speaking that only Muslims can have backward attitudes. Mike Pence won't trust himself to be in a room on his own with a woman... Christians are perfectly capable of warped attitudes but if you're a Muslim who isn't comfortable shaking hands, for whatever reason, you're a potential suicide bomber.

how is it. as i said above, the person refusing to shake the hand may have met the person who's hand they are expected to shake before, and may just not like them. nothing to do with them being the opposite sex. perhapse they don't like shaking hands with anyone at any time. they may even have a varient of OCD by where they have issues touching strangers. all sorts of possibilities that ultimately make shaking hands as a test for anything unviable and unworkable and unreliable.

End of the road.. just wondering if you have ever lived abroad in a Muslim Country for any length of time ? It's generally the Women who will not shake hands with you..but the same women will also refuse to shake hands with any non-related male, even fellow Muslims. But again, it's not every Muslim Woman will refuse.. general rule is, if the Woman offers you her hand, then it's Ok to shake it ( and an insult to refuse ) For a male to refuse, that's a whole different ballgame..and nothing to do with OCD, or you have BO or any of the excuses you are putting forward. If I was in a situation with a Muslim, and in his Country and he refused to shake hands with me, I would get the hell away from there as fast as I could. And putting forward an opinion on this forum or any other forum, does not make any one anti-muslim or racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

It is much easier than that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Simples!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement