Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BBFAN wrote: »
    I hope this is a taking the piss post?

No. Read up on it. Your man is an absolutely ice cold killer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

that's all the school's fault. they would have made those decisians. did the other parents object to the school removing religious songs from the school play, or removing 3 little pigs as a story?

are you sure about that?

Hahaha you are comedy gold .

Imagine trying to complain, you'd have a series of idiots queuing up to call you a racist.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not a bit of a racially charged term?

Typically hypocritical post eh ?

Try_harder wrote: »
    Republic of Ireland not a foreign country.

It is hereby declared that, notwithstanding that the Republic of Ireland is not part of His Majesty’s dominions, the Republic of Ireland is not a foreign country for the purposes of any law in force in any part of the United Kingdom or in any colony, protectorate or United Kingdom trust territory, whether by virtue of a rule of law or of an Act of Parliament or any other enactment or instrument whatsoever, whether passed or made before or after the passing of this Act, and references in any Act of Parliament, other enactment or instrument whatsoever, whether passed or made before or after the passing of this Act, to foreigners, aliens, foreign countries, and foreign or foreign-built ships or aircraft shall be construed accordingly.

Interesting how they don't send us national insurance numbers though eh if we are supposedly part of HM's dominions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

No I will not read up on anything posted by English defence league thanks. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

men by and large commit rape, should we have a society without men, due to that RISK?

Same BS logic

If we never considered RISK, then we wouldn't have much order going on, better control of a situation comes from understanding RISK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

If we never considered RISK, then we wouldn't have much order going on, better control of a situation comes from understanding RISK.

Yes but applying it incorrectly is BS

That was a pic of rapper Ice Cube kind of funny to be fair.

No I will not read up on anything posted by English defence league thanks. :eek:

Ah sweet, another upholder of free speech as long as it's in agreement with them.

Any thoughts on the UK declaring a national emergency at the hundreds of migrants illegally travelling there from France (a safe country and where they should request asylum)?

Not a bit of a racially charged term?

Racial how?

• Advertisement

That's the NWA branch of the EDL though.

Ah sweet, another upholder of free speech as long as it's in agreement with them.

Any thoughts on the UK declaring a national emergency at the hundreds of migrants illegally travelling there from France (a safe country and where they should request asylum)?

The picture is FAKE! It was. Facebook spoof

Racial how?

Racial in that the term is used in a derogatory term against exclusively white people.

enricoh wrote: »
    Dont see anything there to say they contribute more than they take, iirc ireland is one of the few exceptions to the rule in that they don't.

You read it all, you didnt read it correctly if that is your conclusion

That's the NWA branch of the EDL though.

Okay now I know you're on the wind up.

Racial in that the term is used in a derogatory term against exclusively white people.

Who said white? And Im white! Can you be racist against your own race???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

He's a predator

Yes but applying it incorrectly is BS

It's my translation of it, we all see things a little different. If we all thought the same then there would not be much conversation going on.

It's my translation of it, we all see things a little different. If we all thought the same then there would not be much conversation going on.

There would be less idiots though- or more idiots!

• Advertisement

He's a predator

A football boot from the 90s?

Did anyone collect Syrian families as a child? (Regardless of assigned gender!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

The strapping lads can stay with me!

I think this is it with you. Nothing else matters really as long you get your dirty way.

Got a bit of a fetish with the darker skinned amongst us have we? Because you seem to have a genuine hate for white people.

I think this is it with you. Nothing else matters really as long you get your dirty way.

Got a bit of a fetish with the darker skinned amongst us have we? Because you seem to have a genuine hate for white people.

I love white ass, I love white cock, I love black ass, I love black COCK, I love Asian ass...

Im a self hating white person, if I dont believe were superior is it?

Damn

Okay now I know you're on the wind up.

I'm not, they're the same people that had the posters up in Balbriggan sure. NWA- Not Whites Allowed. Not a coincidence!

There would be less idiots though- or more idiots!

Anything goes when you got all the fruits in the one basket. I'm off to bed, good night.

• Advertisement

Who said white? And Im white! Can you be racist against your own race???

Gammon is a derogatory term used against white people only. It refers to to their skin pigment. And yes, you can be racist towards your own race.

I'm not, they're the same people that had the posters up in Balbriggan sure. NWA- Not Whites Allowed. Not a coincidence!

So you're trying to be ironic.

You need to make this clearer though cause the right wing idiots here will actually fall for that crap.

Gammon is a derogatory term used against white people only. It refers to to their skin pigment. And yes, you can be racist towards your own race.

It refers to how salty they are afaik

Gammon is manky- its like a mutant rasher

So you're trying to be ironic.

No, I was having a bit of craic.

• Advertisement

Anything goes when you got all the fruits in the one basket. I'm off to bed, good night.

Well thats just homophobic!

Good day to you sir! How very dare you!

It refers to how salty they are afaik

It's not. It's a skin colour thing.

Only if you make it to be

Only if you make it to be

Try harder

Gammon is a pejorative term used in British political culture since around 2012, which received press coverage in 2018. In 2018 it became particularly known as a term to describe white people, especially those on the political right or who supported Brexit, who appear pink-faced when emotional. The term is a comparison of their flushed skin colour to the pink of gammon, i.e. salted pork leg

I agree, it's a skin colour thing but I love it because it describes exactly the pub barstool guy with his white/red face ranting about the black people.

Try harder

Gammon is a pejorative term used in British political culture since around 2012, which received press coverage in 2018. In 2018 it became particularly known as a term to describe white people, especially those on the political right or who supported Brexit, who appear pink-faced when emotional. The term is a comparison of their flushed skin colour to the pink of gammon, i.e. salted pork leg

Where is that from?

Where is that from?

The Guardian. Is that good enough?

So its a political slur, more that a racial one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ok so then you agree the comparison to Irish migration is perhaps a fallacy then and not comparing apples with apples. I look forward to that argument being dropped by the pro open borders crowd.

which open borders crowd? i don't see any open borders crowd on here. can you show me?
    Legal immigrants. Paid for easily by other legal Irish immigrants working hard in the UK.

no different to legal immigrants here then.
    You're a naive self hating idiot and I'm over trying to talk to you.

how so?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Try harder

Love it, it's such an accurate description.

• Advertisement

The Guardian. Is that good enough?

A link would be nice - guardian isnt a dictionary tho- looks like a dictionary def...

Guardian often has Opinion pieces- which are by definition, not fact

the word “gammon” has become a shorthand for middle-aged, right-leaning white men

It's both. Just admit you didn't know. It's ok to not know everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’d consider it a racial slur and I’m offended by your racist tendencies

the word “gammon” has become a shorthand for middle-aged, right-leaning white men

I know what people try and make it. I dont know everything- if I did Id know how to quit boards for good- damn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Off course he knew it. I wouldn't bother anymore mack.

Love it, it's such an accurate description.

Fair enough and tbh I don't give fiddlers about British politics myself but the qualifier is that the person it's leveled it has to be white. Sub that with any other ethnicity and I wonder would it be as acceptable.

I’d consider it a racial slur and I’m offended by your racist tendencies

Im racist against my own race, well STFU cracker!

Fair enough and tbh I don't give fiddlers about British politics myself but the qualifier is that the person it's leveled it has to be white. Sub that with any other ethnicity and I wonder would it be as acceptable.

Dark Gammon is also available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

enricoh wrote: »
    Dont see anything there to say they contribute more than they take, iirc ireland is one of the few exceptions to the rule in that they don't.

Yeah, still don't see anything there in that report , try harder,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dark Gammon is also available
    So now you’ve a problem with white people using fake tan?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement