Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

neither is anyone else. at least not on this thread anyway. most people seem to be clear that we should only take in an amount we can sustainibly deal with.

Badum tsshhh.

That was a joke right ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

gw80 wrote: »
    But I'm not advocating bringing in unsustainable numbers of foreign migrants, especially on top of already struggling natives, and I certainly wouldn't have the gaul to do so if I was living well fenced off from the negative effects of it.

Who's advocating bring in "unsustainable numbers of foreign immigrants"? This thread is about 22 families.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

that's what i'm doing, except in a very indirect way so as to give them more rope.

neither is anyone else. at least not on this thread anyway. most people seem to be clear that we should only take in an amount we can sustainibly deal with.

What are you talking about "enough rope".
    I live in a 3 bedroom terraced house that I rent from the council, your welcome to come round and show me where I could put some homeless people,
    I'm just about covering the costs of living the way I am, supporting my family, two boys and one girl, do you think I should put a homeless guy in my 14 year old daughters room?
    You see, I'm sensible enough to realise that I can't afford to house and feed and look after a homeless person In my home, but I do what i can in other ways to try and help out.
    Now if yourself and captain obvious are finished giving yourselves high 5s, why don't you answer my question, what do you contribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Brian? wrote: »
    Who's advocating bring in "unsustainable numbers of foreign immigrants"? This thread is about 22 families.

The poster seems to be under the impression he'll be required to house one of the families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

I hate this attitude, the stupid lazy irish and all that!

What makes you so sure theyll be hard work law abiding citizens? We dont even know who they are

It's called self loathing very predominant in Irish people. Meanwhile stats show unemployment at its lowest ever.

I live in a 3 bedroom terraced house that I rent from the council, your welcome to come round and show me where I could put some homeless people,
    I'm just about covering the costs of living the way I am, supporting my family, two boys and one girl, do you think I should put a homeless guy in my 14 year old daughters room?
    You see, I'm sensible enough to realise that I can't afford to house and feed and look after a homeless person In my home, but I do what i can in other ways to try and help out.
    Now if yourself and captain obvious are finished giving yourselves high 5s, why don't you answer my question, what do you contribute?

Taxes.

Taxes.

Like you're the only ones????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Sinn Fein. They support an open door policy. As stated publicly by their previous leader and their current one, and their representatives any time there is a discussion about non-EU economic migration.
    And we are not talking about an open door policy for refugees; we are talking about an open door for economic migrants from all over the world.

Delighted though, to see Sinn Fein losing 6% in the latest opinion polls.
    Looks like the word is getting out to their supporters that the lunacy of their open door policy will equate to many of them having to compete with non-EU migrants for social welfare benefits, housing, school places, medical care, etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Badum tsshhh.

That was a joke right ?

nope. it was deadly serious.

so exactly the same as the rest of us then. we can't afford to be taking in complete strangers to our homes, and understandibly, many wouldn't anyway. hence we have a system in place to provide shelter for those in need of it. oh absolutely it's far from perfect however.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Like you're the only ones????

No, a lot of people pay them. Their expectations for what they should get in return differ though.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    Sinn Fein. They support an open door policy. As stated publicly by their previous leader and their current one, and their representatives any time there is a discussion about non-EU economic migration.
    And we are not talking about an open door policy for refugees; we are talking about an open door for economic migrants from all over the world.

Looks like the word is getting out to their supporters that the lunacy of their open door policy will equate to many of them having to compete with non-EU migrants for social welfare benefits, housing, school places, medical care, etc. etc.

No they don't. You've made that up.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

The poster seems to be under the impression he'll be required to house one of the families.

Yea,that's it, that's exactly the impression I'm under.
    Well done .

Yea,that's it, that's exactly the impression I'm under.
    Well done .

You needn't worry so. That won't be expected of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

it's not a similar situation. in 1 case people are going to the beach in a storm and have been warned. in another, desperate people are trying to get to somewhere they have heard is definitely a safe place, via a crossing they probably know little about in reality. a country where they probably have relatives already. also, there is nothing to say that if they weren't rescued others wouldn't still try to cross the channel. when people are in a desperate situation they will try whatever to get out of it, it's human nature

The majority of them that are crossing the channel are Iranians coming from Belgrade, a safe place that they had been invited to.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

i doubt it was closed down specifically so that refugees could live there, more likely it wasn't profitible and the choice was to close it and leave it to deteriorate or take government money in exchange for taking in refugees and make money and keep the building usable.
    perhapse if people supported the hotel by going to stay there then perhapse the owner wouldn't have felt the need to take in refugees to make money.

great support from the local in bar etc, music on sunday evening place packed, along comes new owner total refurb made some staff redundant , got rid of music on sunday evening then starts crying 'no business, strange he never revamped any of the rooms though, think he knew all along what he was going to do, suppose business is business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Graces7 wrote: »
    There is nothing romanticesed or idealistic about little ones so damaged by being bombed and attacked and in danger ... about reverting to no toilet control... about losing speech. Your lack of any compassion is sad and unrealistic

This is not about charity but our political contractual and ethical obligation as a member country of Europe.

Have you seen the war films? The wounded children? No child here has that to contend with so away with your narrowmindedness and let us see some compassion please. It is a done deal that they are coming .

You would make ireland into what? irish only? Lucky Ellis Island had more humanitarian ways when faced with many thousands of Irish children.

So basically, "won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!" is it?

Again...

- we already give several hundred million Euro per year in foreign aid. We continued to do so during an extremely damaging recession I might add. Every taxpayer in this country has done their part for the children you refer to

- we have plenty of children and families here now who have been and continue to be victims of poverty, homelessness, poor education, witnessed or suffered domestic violence, and other such things no child should have to go through. Those are our priorities in my view and where our efforts and resources should be focused. Once we tackle those issues, we can start worrying about the problems in countries thousands of miles away that we have no legal or moral obligation to

- seeing as you missed it, despite the above, I've already said that we should accept genuine refugees on a temporary basis and within realistic limits for the assistance we can offer given the domestic issues above. This however does not equate to permanent resettlement and financial support. Should they wish to apply for those things, there are ways to do that legitimately and they can have their claim considered accordingly

Emotional hand-wringing carries very little weight with me. My primary concern is for the citizens (native and legitimate) of this country. There is only so much help to go around, and we have plenty of problems here that we're not dealing with.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So basically, "won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!" is it?

Again...

- we already give several hundred million Euro per year in foreign aid. We continued to do so during an extremely damaging recession I might add. Every taxpayer in this country has done their part for the children you refer to

- we have plenty of children and families here now who have been and continue to be victims of poverty, homelessness, poor education, witnessed or suffered domestic violence, and other such things no child should have to go through. Those are our priorities in my view and where our efforts and resources should be focused. Once we tackle those issues, we can start worrying about the problems in countries thousands of miles away that we have no legal or moral obligation to

- seeing as you missed it, despite the above, I've already said that we should accept genuine refugees on a temporary basis and within realistic limits for the assistance we can offer given the domestic issues above. This however does not equate to permanent resettlement and financial support. Should they wish to apply for those things, there are ways to do that legitimately and they can have their claim considered accordingly

Emotional hand-wringing carries very little weight with me. My primary concern is for the citizens (native and legitimate) of this country. There is only so much help to go around, and we have plenty of problems here that we're not dealing with.

and we wouldn't deal with them even if we didn't take in any refugees, or send any foreign aid. so therefore foreign countries, foreign aid, and refugees and our contribution to such, are ultimately separate issues to our problems, for which we can but choose not to deal with regardless, but could as well as contributing to helping those effected by issues abroad.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

and we wouldn't deal with them even if we didn't take in any refugees, or send any foreign aid. so therefore foreign countries, foreign aid, and refugees and our contribution to such, are ultimately separate issues to our problems, for which we can but choose not to deal with regardless, but could as well as contributing to helping those effected by issues abroad.

Jesus it's like reading the garbage churned out from a 2 euro shop AI prototype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

McGiver wrote: »
    Intersting fact: The average IQ in Syria is 83.

Source please. A peer reviewed study if possible. Thank you.
    I googled and got this, which has ireland at an average of 92 - https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html

Kazakhstan are ahead of us, so anyone who thinks we need less Syrians bringing it down on the basis of the link above would also think we need more people from Kazakhstan to come over to bring it up.

It's not as if people would try to hide behind this as an excuse for something else, only to act hypocritically and shift the goalposts in the inverse (Kazakhstan) scenario, right? Right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

There's a woman in direct provision for years who is the darling of the media. Recently she featured in a story about her course at a well known cookery school . She is from Malawi-- one of the safest countries in Africa.

I've seen her before, didn't bother reading into how safe Malawi is until you pointed it out.

The First thing that pops up when you ask Google "Is Malawi safe?"

"Lonely planet ranked Malawi the 5th best country to visit in 2014 not just in Africa but in the whole world. ... Malawi is one of the safest places in the world." :pac:
    That article also lists South Africa and Zimbabwe in the top 10........

I'm not sure what either of your points are, though? People have sought refuge out of just about every single country in the world, right down to Luxembourg, Andorra, Norway and indeed Ireland. A country doesn't need to be war torn for the odd person to be under a very real threat of death if they don't get out of there asap.

Is that it Brian? Have you tried Googling anything about their position on open borders? Very infantile retort.

Gerry Adams repeatedly called for open borders (except for Brits I suppose) on a number of occasions, including on RTE television. On RTE radio, Sinn Fein representatives have repeatedly echoed identical views recently.
    I cannot make that stuff up; it's out there already in the public domain.

If you think it is a conspiracy of lies, let's look as far back at the Sinn Fein ard fheis in 1998 where motions were passed supporting open borders for all migrants, including economic migrants.
    Article 26:
    Sinn Fein will work for the achievement of the optimal position of no restriction on immigration to Ireland.

Article 27:
    Sinn Fein deplores all attempts to limit the numbers of political and economic refugees into the country.

Both of these motions were passed unanimously by Sinn Fein.
    And you will find the Oireachtas TV recording of these motions being discussed by the Joint Committee on Justice, Defense, and Equality hearing on YouTube .............. if you do a search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Aine should stand again for election, with all the concerned citizens here, she should have no trouble getting a Dail seat.

I would have thought it is more likely it will be the Kurds looking for protection due to the new US withdrawal policy.

Wishful thinking, as already mentioned Syria is fractured into many groups. The biggest groups who have lost ground are the nutjob extremists

Wishful thinking, as already mentioned Syria is fractured into many groups. The biggest groups who have lost ground are the nutjob extremists

Until now. The Kurds are looking like they will be massacred by one of four groups when the US pulls out.

Until now. The Kurds are looking like they will be massacred by one of four groups when the US pulls out.

A crying shame that, they're a brave lot.

• Advertisement

You should admit that you were wrong, and I wasn't making up anything.
    People might have some respect for you if you do that.

There are a few posters on here repeatedly claiming that nobody is advocating for open borders, when the reality is that the 3rd largest political party in the country is doing just that.

Is that it Brian? Have you tried Googling anything about their position on open borders? Very infantile retort.

Gerry Adams repeatedly called for open borders (except for Brits I suppose) on a number of occasions, including on RTE television. On RTE radio, Sinn Fein representatives have repeatedly echoed identical views recently.
    I cannot make that stuff up; it's out there already in the public domain.

If you think it is a conspiracy of lies, let's look as far back at the Sinn Fein ard fheis in 1998 where motions were passed supporting open borders for all migrants, including economic migrants.
    Article 26:
    Sinn Fein will work for the achievement of the optimal position of no restriction on immigration to Ireland.

Article 27:
    Sinn Fein deplores all attempts to limit the numbers of political and economic refugees into the country.

Both of these motions were passed unanimously by Sinn Fein.
    And you will find the Oireachtas TV recording of these motions being discussed by the Joint Committee on Justice, Defense, and Equality hearing on YouTube .............. if you do a search.

I did a search on Sinn Feins official policy site. I can't find any policy endorsing completely open borders for Ireland. Can you? I'd be happy to read it.

they/them/theirs

You should admit that you were wrong, and I wasn't making up anything.
    People might have some respect for you if you do that.

There are a few posters on here repeatedly claiming that nobody is advocating for open borders, when the reality is that the 3rd largest political party in the country is doing just that.

I did find this:

http://www.sinnfein.ie/files/2009/Policies_Racism.pdf
    Immigration
    Sinn Féin calls on the Irish Government to sign and
    ratify the International Convention on the
    Protection of the Rights of all Migrant Workers and
    Members of Their Families.
    Sinn Féin calls for the establishment of a National
    Task Force on Immigration and Emigration to
    develop a national policy and a new Immigration
    Act.
    Recruitment of immigrant workers should be done
    in conjunction with the Minister responsible for
    Overseas Development to ensure equality.
    Asylum seekers
    All asylum seekers who arrived in Ireland before
    January 1st 2001 should be granted an amnesty.
    There should be an immediate end to forced
    dispersal and of issuing vouchers ("direct
    provision") to asylum seekers.
    A special healthcare centre for the treatment of
    torture victims should be established in Ireland.
    An immediate end to the practice of detaining
    asylum seekers in prison.

Again, happy to read something that contradicts this.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

A special healthcare treatment centre for torture victims, SinnFein would know about torture all right, the irony. Sooner the better this good for nothing but pandering to leeches party is gone the better.
    Has any asylum seeker who illegally entered this country showed signs of torture. They are mistly young black men who are arriving all over Europe and they look very well fed and healthy to me. They are arriving from ****holes but its the men in these countries that reduce the place to ****holes and leave the women to work and take care of the children. The men are taking the womens earnings snd paying smugglers to out them on boats, they could eadily pay airfares but landing on a plane doesnt have the pathetic look arriving on a boat does. None of the young men on the boats look traumatised, their country needs them and we dont need or want them, well those of us earning a living through agitating for them might want them but thats very few of us.
    If someone like Peter Casey was to say itas it is regarding economic migrants they would be elected anywhere in the country on a landslide. The people who voted for him regarding traveller problems would also I believe have huge concerns about how immigration system but the liberals and media make sure their voices are never heard, the winds are changing though and people are reading through the lines of the sob stories and coming to their own conclusions.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/bid-made-to-remove-family-from-homeless-hub-on-christmas-eve-1.3743080

A typical sob story, mother and poor children made homeless by heartless scrooges on Xmas Eve. Then buried deep in the sad tale is the reason why, underage childrenleft unattended come to the attention of staff, no reason given why staff become aware of children being on their own, that would give too much away, the irish Times has ecome a mouthpiece for PC nonsense, you might as well just buy the Guardian, its a bit cheaper.

I did find this:

http://www.sinnfein.ie/files/2009/Policies_Racism.pdf

Again, happy to read something that contradicts this.
    I don't know if you are grasping for straws or just deflecting, but that has nothing to do with your statement that I was making up Sinn Fein's open border policy.
    I did a search on Sinn Feins official policy site. I can't find any policy endorsing completely open borders for Ireland. Can you? I'd be happy to read it.

Brian, I provided you with the motions passed at the 1998 Sinn Fein ard fheis that propagated their open doors policy. I did not make those articles up. They were unanimously passed by the Sinn Fein delegates. Here they are again:
    Article 26:

Article 27:

No restriction on immigration, including no limits on economic migration into Ireland would be an unmitigated disaster for Ireland. Where would we house the unlimited numbers arriving into Ireland? Do we have the hospital beds, enough doctors at GP practices around the country, enough school places for all migrant children, adequate mental health services, and sufficient social welfare finances to handle such a policy?

Sinn Fein has been espousing unrestricted immigration for decades. Their politicians frequently advocate for it. You can repeat your assertion that I am making it up, but for the sake of your integrity, you should acknowledge your mistake.
    Both sides of the political divide constantly use the quip "You are making it up". In this instance, there is enough proof in the public domain to nullify your claim.

• Advertisement

I don't know if you are grasping for straws or just deflecting, but that has nothing to do with your statement that I was making up Sinn Fein's open border policy.

Brian, I provided you with the motions passed at the 1998 Sinn Fein ard fheis that propagated their open doors policy. I did not make those articles up. They were unanimously passed by the Sinn Fein delegates. Here they are again:
    Article 26:

Article 27:

No restriction on immigration, including no limits on economic migration into Ireland would be an unmitigated disaster for Ireland. Where would we house the unlimited numbers arriving into Ireland? Do we have the hospital beds, enough doctors at GP practices around the country, enough school places for all migrant children, adequate mental health services, and sufficient social welfare finances to handle such a policy?

Sinn Fein has been espousing unrestricted immigration for decades. Their politicians frequently advocate for it. You can repeat your assertion that I am making it up, but for the sake of your integrity, you should acknowledge your mistake.
    Both sides of the political divide constantly use the quip "You are making it up". In this instance, there is enough proof in the public domain to nullify your claim.

I think on Law and Order they call that "asked and answered"!!!

tretorn wrote: »
    A special healthcare treatment centre for torture victims, SinnFein would know about torture all right, the irony. Sooner the better this good for nothing but pandering to leeches party is gone the better.
    sf won't be going anywhere soon i should think.

Has any asylum seeker who illegally entered this country showed signs of torture. They are mistly young black men who are arriving all over Europe and they look very well fed and healthy to me. They are arriving from ****holes but its the men in these countries that reduce the place to ****holes and leave the women to work and take care of the children. The men are taking the womens earnings snd paying smugglers to out them on boats, they could eadily pay airfares but landing on a plane doesnt have the pathetic look arriving on a boat does. None of the young men on the boats look traumatised, their country needs them and we dont need or want them, well those of us earning a living through agitating for them might want them but thats very few of us.

none of that means they aren't victims of torture. your post is also mostly wrong
    If someone like Peter Casey was to say itas it is regarding economic migrants they would be elected anywhere in the country on a landslide. The people who voted for him regarding traveller problems would also I believe have huge concerns about how immigration system but the liberals and media make sure their voices are never heard, the winds are changing though and people are reading through the lines of the sob stories and coming to their own conclusions.

peter casey supposibly "said it as it is" in relation to travelers (told some people what they wanted to hear) and only got 23% of the vote for the presidential election. i'd imagine he or someone similar would only get the same or quite likely a lot less if they were to supposibly "say it how it is" (tell some people what they want to hear) in relation to migrants while running to be a politician.
    "jaa liberals rabel rabel" and "jaa media rabel rabel" do not make sure that the voices of those with actual genuine concerns who can express them decently are never heard, rather they aren't going to waste time listening to people who don't express an actual genuine complaint or greevence but engage in generalisations and the rest, quite frankly as it should be.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/bid-made-to-remove-family-from-homeless-hub-on-christmas-eve-1.3743080

A typical sob story, mother and poor children made homeless by heartless scrooges on Xmas Eve. Then buried deep in the sad tale is the reason why, underage childrenleft unattended come to the attention of staff, no reason given why staff become aware of children being on their own, that would give too much away, the irish Times has ecome a mouthpiece for PC nonsense, you might as well just buy the Guardian, its a bit cheaper.

does every single thing need to be explained right down to a t and if so why? why does a reason as to why or how staff became aware of unattended children in a lift need to be given. surely the fact they became aware of it is enough. and what exactly would it "give away" . that the children are immigrants/black/whatever suits the old agenda?

none of that means they aren't victims of torture. your post is also mostly wrong

peter casey supposibly "said it as it is" in relation to travelers (told some people what they wanted to hear) and only got 23% of the vote for the presidential election. i'd imagine he or someone similar would only get the same or quite likely a lot less if they were to supposibly "say it how it is" (tell some people what they want to hear) in relation to migrants while running to be a politician.
    "jaa liberals rabel rabel" and "jaa media rabel rabel" do not make sure that the voices of those with actual genuine concerns who can express them decently are never heard, rather they aren't going to waste time listening to people who don't express an actual genuine complaint or greevence but engage in generalisations and the rest, quite frankly as it should be.

does every single thing need to be explained right down to a t and if so why? why does a reason as to why or how staff became aware of unattended children in a lift need to be given. surely the fact they became aware of it is enough. and what exactly would it "give away" . that the children are immigrants/black/whatever suits the old agenda?

You are incapable of explaining water to a man falling overboard dude so lose the 'tude eh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

Paddy will get the nice ones, not the ones that hate us. Same when they do the family repatriation bit.
    The nasty ones will go to france, Germany, uk etc.
    Wont they? Wont they? Basing this on the luck of the irish n not much else!

Article 26:

Article 27:

I linked their actual policies. The policies they stand for election on. Did you read it?

You’re telling me those articles were passed at the 1998 Are Fheis. Can you link where you got this information, I can’t find it.

If it is true, couldn’t their positions have evolved?

I’ll concede you didn’t make it up. Apologies. You are wrong though, Sinn Fein are not advocating an open border policy.

they/them/theirs

I am quite happy that the majority opinion willl prevail in this country the same as it has in all other European countries that want an end to uncontrolled immigration.

The facts speak for themselves, any politican that has the guts to speak out about the threat of Islam has done well in European National elections. Italy and the Netherlands and Germany now have very strong anti immigration platforms and our grandchildren, especially our grand daughter s will be thankful these people took on roles of leadership. Any European country that has more than fifteen per cent of its population as Muslim is a mess and the US and Australia have the right approach to immigration, you apply through the legal channels and have your paperwork in order and if you dont you will in the case of Australia be towed somewhere off shore while arrangements are made to deport you. This is Government acting in the best interests of its native population and Governments that are strong enough to ignore PC fools like rambling road that has no end.

No everything doesnt have to be explained to the last regarding minors left to mind themselves but please stop publishing nonsense articles about families being evicted when the reality is the accommodation providers housing them cant cope and has to call the Gardai to have them removed. The Irish times are taking their readership for fools but people are getting angry and just waiting for a new party based on immigration and traveller reform to emerge, we could save trillions in taxpayers money that we are squandering on illegal immigrants and criminal travellers and this money could be used to lower high taxes on young workers, its just disgusting how inept the leaders of this country are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/01/refugees-isis-nato-commander-terrorists

Refugees from the Middle East and north Africa are “masking the movement” of terrorists and criminals, Nato’s top commander told Congress on Tuesday, despite the protests of human rights groups who say that refugees overwhelmingly have no ulterior motive but escape.
    European leaders have been sharply divided about whether to continue accepting refugees, especially after high-profile incidents including sexual assaults in Germany, the destruction of refugee camps in France and the identification of war criminals in the Netherlands

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/uk-and-france-pledge-drive-to-tackle-people-smuggling-in-channel-1.3744544

It looks like France and the UK are joining forces to deal wth the illegal invasion of immigrants.

I was afraid France would encourage the immigrants to go to the UK as then its Britains problem if Brexit actually happens. Its too easy to get to our shores from the UK and we have enough arriving on planes and getting in seemingly easily enough without having to inspect lorries and ferries arriving from the UK.

Anyone in Dublin City Centre over Christmas must have been gobsmacked at the amount of non nationals, we have no idea of the numbers here, you could stand on O Connell Street and not hear a word of English. We are being swamped.

I am quite happy that the majority opinion willl prevail in this country the same as it has in all other European countries that want an end to uncontrolled immigration.

the majority opinion already has prevailed in ireland. we don't have uncontroled immigration. we don't have open borders. people are happy to take in refugees as long as it's a sustainible number and that is what is being done. we apparently have the highest rejection rate of asylum seekers in europe.
    The facts speak for themselves, any politican that has the guts to speak out about the threat of Islam has done well in European National elections.

really? the only ones who have done well is victor orban and the chap from poland. other then that, such politicians are ultimately rejected.
    Italy and the Netherlands and Germany now have very strong anti immigration platforms and our grandchildren, especially our grand daughter s will be thankful these people took on roles of leadership.

rolls of leadership? not a chance. they are just rabel rousers who have nothing to offer apart from ranting about foreigners, with no actual policies or plans to offer on any issues. you think these people care about people's grand daughters? not a chance, they only care about their own hobby horse and they would throw everyone of us under the bus if it came to it.
    Any European country that has more than fifteen per cent of its population as Muslim is a mess and the US and Australia have the right approach to immigration, you apply through the legal channels and have your paperwork in order and if you dont you will in the case of Australia be towed somewhere off shore while arrangements are made to deport you.

you do know the US have illegals in the millions? australia also will i suspect have illegal immigrants as much as either they, others, or both, may try and make out otherwise. their approaches are just a different way of what everyone else does and they don't keep out illegals altogether. in fact i'd suggest australia's approach relies to much on people being honest with their information. as for throwing people off shore to wherever, it's not working to well from what i hear.
    This is Government acting in the best interests of its native population and Governments that are strong enough to ignore PC fools like rambling road that has no end.

all governments ignore "pc nonsense" mostly, apart from the odd thing where politically it's exceptible for them not to do so as they have a mandate given by the people.

No everything doesnt have to be explained to the last regarding minors left to mind themselves but please stop publishing nonsense articles about families being evicted when the reality is the accommodation providers housing them cant cope and has to call the Gardai to have them removed.

the irish times published what happened. including what you are complaining that they didn't publish. what more do you want?

The Irish times are taking their readership for fools

how so. because they publish the information they have, rather then publish what some would like to hear or be told or believe to have happened?
    but people are getting angry and just waiting for a new party based on immigration and traveller reform to emerge

i'd imagine those people will be waiting a very very long time for this party as traveler reform has already taken place and our immigration system is mostly okay but needs some tweaking for which the current lot, as much as i don't like them either, will cary out the tweaks to the asylum system if enough people raise the issue. same with law enforcement funding and anything else. if people don't raise issues or care more about tax cuts then funding public services then they cannot be surprised when nothing gets done.
    we could save trillions in taxpayers money that we are squandering on illegal immigrants and criminal travellers and this money could be used to lower high taxes on young workers, its just disgusting how inept the leaders of this country are.

on what basis would you state the amount that could be saved would be trillions? i don't think our whole budget and spending even comes to a trillion does it? even if we did supposibly save "trillions" as you claim, then we have better things to spend the money on then giving out tax cuts, such as infrastructure and job creation.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/uk-and-france-pledge-drive-to-tackle-people-smuggling-in-channel-1.3744544

It looks like France and the UK are joining forces to deal wth the illegal invasion of immigrants.

I was afraid France would encourage the immigrants to go to the UK as then its Britains problem if Brexit actually happens. Its too easy to get to our shores from the UK and we have enough arriving on planes and getting in seemingly easily enough without having to inspect lorries and ferries arriving from the UK.

Anyone in Dublin City Centre over Christmas must have been gobsmacked at the amount of non nationals, we have no idea of the numbers here, you could stand on O Connell Street and not hear a word of English. We are being swamped.

why would france encourage the immigrants to go to britain and essentially make them britain's problem? the french government maybe against brexit but they are not unreasonable and they are not interested in playing silly games, neither are the EU commission. co-operation on such matters is always going to be the better option then playing games.
    i think most people in dublin city centre during christmas had more important matters on their mind then foreign nationals.

• Advertisement

Why wouldnt France encourage the immigrants to go anywhere on earth except France.

France has been destroyed as a country and its only going to get worse once the western ISIS fighters start trekking home now that their chances of raping women are drying up.

Our immigration system isnt mostly okay. We have a huge housing problem that will never be sorted while we have economic migrants arriving in who are totally unemployable. The only way to get a house is to have about six children one after the other and then maybe they will end up in a ghetto somewhere in Mulhuddart. These children will then grow up and drive refridgerated trucks at our children or blow innocent music lovers eight years old and younger at an event in the Point. Why cant we learn from other countries mistakes and simply put these people back on the planes and charge the airlines who allowed them to board the price of the return flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Too right. What you are looking at is the result of Leftist cultural endoctrination and their friends in high places such as Merkel and Soros.

Only 20 years ago, you could walk from St. Stephen's Green to Parnell Square and see nothing but Irish people. Now there is not one street where half the pedestrians are not foreign.

The Liberal D4 elitists pushed this agenda from Day 1. They were fascinated by how multicultural and "culturally enriched" that cities like New York were.

They considered the Ireland of 1998 as a little 'too dull', a little "too Irish". How brilliant it would be they thought if they could end this once and for all, and make Dublin into mini-NYC with all sorts of ethnicities roaming the streets.

Well they got their wish, and this is the face of Dublin today..........just another bland globalist multicultural clone of every other city in Europe and North America. So much for the days when Dublin had its own unique character, and as the capital of the Irish Republic......was the home of Irish people.

But of course D4 Liberal yuppies love this arrangement. They get to experience a multicultural theme park...... while the real historical Dublin is forever lost to the Irish people.

It would not surprise me that by 2050, the GPO will be a mosque or a museum to the brilliance of culturally enriched Ireland, that Irish people won't even own anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

DS86DS wrote:
    Too right. What you are looking at is the result of Leftist cultural endoctrination and their friends in high places such as Merkel and Soros.

Indoctrination mate. Oh yeah the arch-evil Soros can't be missing in Kremlin propaganda and all associated tin-foil hat theories. He must feel empowered and I'd say amused by your folk elevating him to some sort of a demigod controlling world affairs.

And by the way, I hope you're aware that Russia has got some roughly 15M Muslims (the exact number isn't known 'cause your folks don't know how to count it properly) and one of the biggest mosques in Europe is in Moscow. RoI is nowhere near 10%+ Muslim population and all grand so.

DS86DS wrote: »

Only 20 years ago, you could walk from St. Stephen's Green to Parnell Square and see nothing but Irish people. Now there is not one street where half the pedestrians are not foreign.

The Liberal D4 elitists pushed this agenda from Day 1. They were fascinated by how multicultural and "culturally enriched" that cities like New York were.

They considered the Ireland of 1998 as a little 'too dull', a little "too Irish". How brilliant it would be they thought if they could end this once and for all, and make Dublin into mini-NYC with all sorts of ethnicities roaming the streets.

Well they got their wish, and this is the face of Dublin today..........just another bland globalist multicultural clone of every other city in Europe and North America. So much for the days when Dublin had its own unique character, and as the capital of the Irish Republic......was the home of Irish people.

But of course D4 Liberal yuppies love this arrangement. They get to experience a multicultural theme park...... while the real historical Dublin is forever lost to the Irish people.

It would not surprise me that by 2050, the GPO will be a mosque or a museum to the brilliance of culturally enriched Ireland, that Irish people won't even own anymore.

This is some great stuff

Why wouldnt France encourage the immigrants to go anywhere on earth except France.

because it achieves absolutely nothing and the other countries might remove any extra facilities they have that france doesn't, yet which help them in times of need.
    France has been destroyed as a country and its only going to get worse once the western ISIS fighters start trekking home now that their chances of raping women are drying up.

destroyed? not a chance. have issues which they need to deal with, absolutely.
    Our immigration system isnt mostly okay.

it actually is . the issues with it are the length of time it takes to do it's work due to lack of resources, and the fact the authorities aren't more active at the ports as they probably should be.

We have a huge housing problem that will never be sorted while we have economic migrants arriving in who are totally unemployable.

it will never be sorted because there is no political will. we could have no migrants and it still wouldn't be solved. migrants have nothing to do with the issue not being solved. they would simply take up some of those houses yes but that is where their part ends. plenty of migrants work and we have our own unemployable.

The only way to get a house is to have about six children one after the other and then maybe they will end up in a ghetto somewhere in Mulhuddart.

interesting, because from what i understand that strategy isn't working very well.
    These children will then grow up and drive refridgerated trucks at our children or blow innocent music lovers eight years old and younger at an event in the Point.

will they? every single one of them? really? are you sure about that? i should think the vast majority won't do any such thing, just like anywhere else.
    Why cant we learn from other countries mistakes and simply put these people back on the planes and charge the airlines who allowed them to board the price of the return flight.

we do put them back on the planes, when their applications are heard and their final appeal is rejected. we don't charge the airlines the price of the return flight because it's moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Moore street too, gangs of roma gypos hanging around waiting on old people to rob. These tramps have zero intention of ever contributing to this country, but lets be honest who in their right mind would hire them anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

McGiver wrote: »
    Indoctrination mate. Oh yeah the arch-evil Soros can't be missing in Kremlin propaganda and all associated tin-foil hat theories. He must feel empowered a I'd say amused by your folk elevating him to some sort of a demigod controlling world affairs.

And by the way, I hope you're aware that Russia has got some roughly 15M Muslims (the exact number isn't known 'cause your folks don't know how to count it properly) and one of the biggest mosques is in Moscow. RoI is nowhere near 10%+ Muslim population and all grand so.

In Russia ANY grouping at all, and I mean ANY, that even remotely look's like it's stepping out of line with the Kremlin position... will be reined in sharpish !!! Can you honestly see the kind of refugee migration Europe is experiencing happening in Russia? Believe me, every one in Russia is accounted for !!! Don't get me wrong, entry into Russia is not difficult. Sporting events held in Russia are well attended.. you apply for the visa, and when you get it, off you go! No Problem. BUT if you are discovered in Russia, without the proper documentation,..It will be a completely different story. And you WILL be discovered,,Police in Russia take identity documentation very serious, and checks are very common. So I don't think that Russia can be used as any kind of yardstick to quote from relative to the European situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Our immigration system isnt mostly okay. We have a huge housing problem that will never be sorted while we have economic migrants arriving in who are totally unemployable. The only way to get a house is to have about six children one after the other and then maybe they will end up in a ghetto somewhere in Mulhuddart. These children will then grow up and drive refridgerated trucks at our children or blow innocent music lovers eight years old and younger at an event in the Point. Why cant we learn from other countries mistakes and simply put these people back on the planes and charge the airlines who allowed them to board the price of the return flight.

Deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Doom! Doom! Doom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

jmreire wrote:
    In Russia ANY grouping at all, and I mean ANY, that even remotely look's like it's stepping out of line with the Kremlin position... will be reined in sharpish !!! Can you honestly see the kind of refugee migration Europe is experiencing happening in Russia? Believe me, every one in Russia is accounted for !!! Don't get me wrong, entry into Russia is not difficult. Sporting events held in Russia are well attended.. you apply for the visa, and when you get it, off you go! No Problem. BUT if you are discovered in Russia, without the proper documentation,..It will be a completely different story. And you WILL be discovered,,Police in Russia take identity documentation very serious, and checks are very common. So I don't think that Russia can be used as any kind of yardstick to quote from relative to the European situation

My post was mostly about the hypocrisy of a Russian guy concerned about few Muslims in Ireland, pointing out the fact that there are millions of Muslims in Russia, several hundred thousand in Moscow. The portrayal of Russia (and/or Putin) as some sort of a defender of Europe against Islamic hordes is a total BS.

I'm sure police will get you in Russia innocent or guilty, it's a feckin police state and oligarchy with a despotic political regime, and always has been. But I'd like to see evidence on how many Muslims exactly live in Russia, the numbers are not exactly clear. I don't think they are that good with documenting after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement