Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2019

Options
  • 27-12-2018 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

The anonymous log out and create a thread function didn't work for me, so decided to post under my username.

I know it's very early days, but a Christmas night pregnancy test and a few subsequent tests and a trip to doctor has confirmed my wife is pregnant with our first.

Due 3rd September.
    I know it's early at 4 doctors weeks, but we're very excited :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Congratulations!

We just confirmed this morning that we're expecting our second for 2nd of September. I actually didn't keep an eye on the dates so was drinking all over Xmas and New Years! agh.. not excessively, but more than normal. Hopefully it doesn't affect the pregnancy. We really didn't expect it to "work" first try, so it didn't even occur to me to check.
    Have doctor's appointment booked for next Wednesday. Referral to hospital got lost last time, so finger crossed it goes through ok, also I'm gonna call and follow up just in case this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pandabear2019

Hi all! Positive test on Saturday estimating due date 9th/10th Sept. Very nervous! Doctors appointment on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Hey all. I’m over from the August thread but I’m due the very end of August as per date of last period. I ovulate late though so I assume this baby will be another September baby for us. It’s our second. Very nervous too but extremely excited. My symptoms this time around have been different. I’ve the doctors booked for this Wednesday. Hoping to get in for a scan at 12 weeks as there is a strong history of twins on my side of the family but my doctor didn’t refer me for one the last time. New doctor this time though. Hate waiting until 20 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Im joining too. Pregnant on our 3rd. Due the 9th.. have a scan booked for thurs after a miscarriage and reoccurant spotting so fingers crossed we see a heart on thurs!
    Congrats all

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Katoverseas

Hello all! Due 8 of September 😀 first pregnancy, excitement overload at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭anndub

Been holding off posting after a miscarriage in October but found out new years day there's another on the way. At a guess due around September 9th. Sick as a dog at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Had first scan yesterday, due date adjusted to Sept 6th. Everything looked normal the doctor said, so great! 125bpm heart we could see pulsing away, and he/she is 7mm big :)

We had a scan yesterday and heard the heartbeat. Thankfully no sickness yet, just get a little sleepy in the afternoon.

Really really struggling with nausea today. Don't think I'm too far away from progressing to throwing up :(

8 weeks tomorrow..Had a scan on thurs and all looks good. Due date moved to sep 2nd as i ovulated early. feel a bit more like myself this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all. Congrats on your great news! I'm also 6.5 wks pregnant after suffering from a miscarriage in October. Jus0t wondering do you have to visit your GP before the hospital? I've an early 9 week scan coming up but haven't gone to my GP yet.

The last time the Rotunda didn't ask for any referral or mention anything about my GP or combined care etc! Its my first so not sure if there's any point in going to the GP. Also do they charge you for your first visit?

Congrats javagirl. Counting down the days to my early scan next Tuesday. Looking forward to being able to breath a little easier, all going well.

Finding it much harder this time with a little one already at home. Rest is hard to come by. The benefit is less time to worry!

Hi all. Congrats on your great news! I'm also 6.5 wks pregnant after suffering from a miscarriage in October. Jus0t wondering do you have to visit your GP before the hospital? I've an early 9 week scan coming up but haven't gone to my GP yet.

The last time the Rotunda didn't ask for any referral or mention anything about my GP or combined care etc! Its my first so not sure if there's any point in going to the GP. Also do they charge you for your first visit?
    It's a good idea to see your GP as you'll be seeing them for your post-partum care for you and your baby for the 2 week and 6 week check-up. And if you're not changing GPs for your baby, they'll also be getting vaccines through a GP. I don't know about the options if you don't go with combined care, but I think you can see your GP if you have a pregnancy related illness at no charge as well.
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/3/maternity/combinedcare.html

The initial appointment with the GP may or may not be charged, depending on the practice. My GP didn't charge, but I've heard of others paying for their first visit.

Hi Jellybean, congrats!

Pregnancy post miscarriage can be tough, in particular when it happened on your first pregnancy.

It depends on what type of care you plan to opt for. If you are going public or semi private with the Rotunda you will still have some appointments with your gp so best to check in with them now and get yourself set up. You will pay for the first consultation but none thereafter.

If you plan on going fully private you will not need to see your gp over the course of your pregnancy or for your post pregnancy checks so there is little point in attending. I haven't bothered to attend my gp and have self referred to rotunda private on 4 occasions now. Must say the care I received there with my daughter and in particular during both miscarriages was exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Congrats everyone. I'm thrilled to be joining the September bunch. Due my 3rd on September 1st. Had my doc app (which I had to pay for but the rest are free) and have booked a private scan for 2 weeks time. Really nervous this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cosydays

Congrats all!
    Had some positive tests yesterday and looks like #1 is on the way for end of Sept. We were trying but wasn't expecting such quick results. Not organised doctor appt yet - is this something that should be done asap? Is it the case that the earlier the referral is made to the hospital the closer it will be to 12 weeks when they scan? I know some hospitals it can be much longer than that. We will be with Holles Street.

Congrats Cosydays!

Had my first scan yesterday and everything looked as it should. Back in three weeks for the booking appointment. I can fully relax after that.

Hope everyone is doing well

9+3 today and down with the flu. 1st hospital visit is 15th feb. Can tell my other kiddies then ðŸ‘

Hello everyone, when will or have you already shared the news with family & friends?

Hello everyone, when will or have you already shared the news with family & friends?

We've told our parents already but don't plan on telling anyone else before the booking appointment on February 20th.

That said I'm struggling in a huge way with sickness so I may be forced to tell my manager. I can't see myself being able to make it into work every day for the next couple of weeks :(

• Advertisement

I call hospital week after GP's referral to be sure they received it (it got lost on my last pregnancy so I missed the 12 week scan). Then got the booking appointment confirmation for March when I'm 15 weeks (seems very late?) and I called the scanning department and got the appointment for the 12 week scan! it's very exciting, but with 2 weeks to go I'm feeling really impatient.

We're not telling anyone until the first scan. I'm feeling very bloated though so I think I may be showing early, though it's not a baby-bump.

Gatica wrote: »
    I call hospital week after GP's referral to be sure they received it (it got lost on my last pregnancy so I missed the 12 week scan). Then got the booking appointment confirmation for March when I'm 15 weeks (seems very late?) and I called the scanning department and got the appointment for the 12 week scan! it's very exciting, but with 2 weeks to go I'm feeling really impatient.

We're not telling anyone until the first scan. I'm feeling very bloated though so I think I may be showing early, though it's not a baby-bump.

I'm back in Maternity trousers today! I couldn't handle the pressure of waist bands anymore, it was really exacerbating my nausea so just thought feck it, what's the point in waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Hi all, due on September 17th with my first. I recently moved counties to be nearer my partner, which meant I had to find a new gp when I found out. Basically my first appointment was very quick and I didn't really get any information. She did tell me my first scan would be from 14 to 16 weeks. I think this is too long to wait. Especially as history of twins in my family. I see there is private baby scan companies online, has anyone used those? Or how do I get an earlier scan? I don't feel like returning to that gp to ask.. I do have VHI but am going public for maternity.

I'd look up an early pregnancy scan in our area. There's usually one available in major towns. We got one done last time at a private clinic, it was nice to get early confirmation.

You can self refer to the private baby scan places. Vhi should cover a portion of the cost depending on your plan so hang on the receipt. It's always reassuring to see a healthy heartbeat at the 8 week mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Hi all, due on September 17th with my first. I recently moved counties to be nearer my partner, which meant I had to find a new gp when I found out. Basically my first appointment was very quick and I didn't really get any information. She did tell me my first scan would be from 14 to 16 weeks. I think this is too long to wait. Especially as history of twins in my family. I see there is private baby scan companies online, has anyone used those? Or how do I get an earlier scan? I don't feel like returning to that gp to ask.. I do have VHI but am going public for maternity.

When you get your appointment for the hospital ring the hospital and ask the if you could come in earlier. GP might be just giving you the worst case scenario with the stikes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

My wife's public scan date she got she will be about 15 weeks. We paid for a private scan at 7 weeks (a blurred jellybean!) and so mad to see the new life that we're going again tomorrow at 11.5wks and see something clearer.

I'd a private scan yesterday as part of a Harmony test appointment. It's over 10 weeks now so can make out quite a lot, little fists were to the side and you could make out a shape of a face.
    I'm in Galway and there's another clinic that offers early or 25 week scans, no referral required. The Galway Clinic does early scans with GPs referral too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

She did tell me my first scan would be from 14 to 16 weeks. I think this is too long to wait.

I am 16 weeks pregnant and didn't have my booking visit until 14 weeks, I told my GP at 5 weeks. I have a 14 month old and my booking visit was 10 weeks with him when I only went to my GP at 7 weeks. It was the Rotunda both times. It just depends on how busy the hospitals are at the time I think. I miscarried my first pregnancy so had a private scan for my son and this pregnancy at 8 weeks just to calm my fears. I went to Babyscan, there are a few around the country. It is about €100 and definitely worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Thanks for all the advice guys. I went ahead and booked in for a private scan for Tuesday. I'll be exactly 9 weeks. Need the peace of mind! One last question, if you were overweight, would it be harder for the sonographer to see baby? Or am I just over analysing everything at the moment...

Advertisement