Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Thanks for all the advice guys. I went ahead and booked in for a private scan for Tuesday. I'll be exactly 9 weeks. Need the peace of mind! One last question, if you were overweight, would it be harder for the sonographer to see baby? Or am I just over analysing everything at the moment...

Should be fine at 8 weeks. We seen babys heart at 7 but they can always do internal(completely easy procedure, couldnt feel a thing)
    Im in for m 1st hosp visit next friday. I will be 11+4

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭anndub

It can be tricky before ten weeks to see anything on a transabdominal but if thats the case they'll use the internal wand. It doesnt hurt so nothing to worry about! I had no problems seeing the bean at 8 weeks on my first with the abdominal U/S but I have a little extra weight around my tummy this time round and it wasn't showing anything so build probably does make a bit of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

There's a company called Shannon Scan in the South west of the country and they do an early reassurance scan from 8 weeks for €50. They have clinics in Newcastlewest, Tralee and Killarney. I highly reccomend them. It's so nice to see the little bean even though it's a blur. I'll be getting the anomaly done with them too once I've reached 20 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

We had a scan today...
    Heartbeat gone.

Missed miscarriage at 11 weeks.

I feel a useless sad husband who can't do anything to fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

We had a scan today...
    Heartbeat gone.

Missed miscarriage at 11 weeks.

I feel a useless sad husband who can't do anything to fix this.

I am so sorry to read this. Your partner most likely feels the same. Having been the woman who miscarried, I just needed my husband to be with me. We locked ourselves away for a weekend and grieved together. I went straight back to work a few days later and really wish I hadn't. I wanted to power on through but I think it did more damage emotionally. Try to get your partner to rest and take time away from the world. Be kind to each other, her hormones will be all over the place so she may not seem herself for quite sometime. You don't have to try fix anything, just be present and together x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Thanks for your post. Reading back on mine it sounds like a stereotypical male wanting to fix things!

Its been a hard day, and we've a few more ahead I'm sure. First pregnancy, an experience, a learning curve. Now to just try to be the best I can for the woman I love. My heart breaks for her :(

Hopefully talk to some of you on a future "due in.." thread. Good luck all.

Thanks for your post. Reading back on mine it sounds like a stereotypical male wanting to fix things!

Its been a hard day, and we've a few more ahead I'm sure. First pregnancy, an experience, a learning curve. Now to just try to be the best I can for the woman I love. My heart breaks for her :(

Hopefully talk to some of you on a future "due in.." thread. Good luck all.

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and it took a few weeks to feel right after it. Your wife just needs support. Dont be strong for her, I found it comforting to see my husband grieve too. Just feed her and hug her x

So sorry to hear your sad news. Best thing you can do is just be with her, nothing can fix it only time. It's a heartbreaking experience. Take care on yourselves

How is everyone getting on? I've had to put my booking appointment back a week to next Tuesday due to work commitments. So impatient to see baba again now!

anndub wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on? I've had to put my booking appointment back a week to next Tuesday due to work commitments. So impatient to see baba again now!

Im moving over to the august thread! Had my booking scan last fri and measured at 12 weeks so due date brought back to aug 29th with section most likely the week before. Still no let up in the tiredness and eating ALL the junk food.

Back in hosp on the 5th to see the consultant and have my glucosr test booked for may.
    Hope everyone is well!

• Advertisement

Im moving over to the august thread! Had my booking scan last fri and measured at 12 weeks so due date brought back to aug 29th with section most likely the week before. Still no let up in the tiredness and eating ALL the junk food.

Back in hosp on the 5th to see the consultant and have my glucose test booked for may.
    Hope everyone is well!
    [img][/img]http://imgur.com/a/Voa3o0j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Had the 12 week scan at the hospital. It was very exciting again, everything was going to dates, 20 week scan booked now too.

Look at the little baby, wow! I jumped forward a week with my daughter too so hoping for a similar event here. I was measuring 3 days ahead on the 8 week scan so I'm hopeful I can lose another couple.

Congrats Gatica. Another date to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jammyswan

Hi all, I'm due Sept 16th. We had our 12 week scan this week in Holles St and I'm really getting more excited now. The sickness had gone about 11 weeks but it's come back again with a bang this week, I had hoped it would be a let up by 12 as that's what they say isn't it?! Glad the baby is healthy of course but please say the sickness will ease and I'll have a little more energy. This is my first time being pregnant.

Congratulations!
    Unfortunately everyone is different so it's hard to say how you'll feel as the pregnancy progresses. The majority seem to get past it after first trimester.
    For me I felt worse every trimester with my first pregnancy, I got sick more after week 16 than before that. I also found myself feeling bloated and having heartburn from around week 8, I'm at 15 now and it's not got better. However, overall it's not as bad as it was last time around.

As Gatica said, you can't really predict how long it'll last. Even from pregnancy to pregnancy. With my first I had full blown hyperemesis and had to be medicated throughout. Even with medication it was week 25 before I felt any relief from the constant nausea though the vomiting stopped about week 14 or 15 I think.

This time I've been really nauseous and barely functioned from week 8 to 10 but it's definitely starting to ease now I'm at week 14. Still have major food aversions and can't stand the thought of drinking still water which makes hydrating difficult but relieved it's just "morning sickness" this time.

Anecdotally I've heard those with bad nausea tend to get relief by week 16. I think that week 12 and its all over is rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rflwr88

Hi, FTM, just moved to Ireland from the UK, we had good reasons besides brexit! Erm initial due date was Oct 1st but an early scan placed me at 30/09. 12 week scan is next week but hoping for a September baby.

Only thrown up twice which is a blessing, no major symptoms have cropped up besides insomnia & a feeling of meh at everything. Hoping it gets better in 2nd trimester

It's very quiet in here! How is everyone doing? Approaching the halfway point quickly now!

I just informed work last week. Now I need to figure out whether I will return to work afterwards or not. Finding the juggling act with one a real strain as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mistynight

Hi all,
    First boards post, first baby. Due Sep 11th. Thrilled to be out of the first trimester. Feeling slightly more myself again and nausea has almost fully passed. Still tired but not as bad as I was. The weeks are flying by!

Congrats mistynight. Its an exciting time, especially on your first. My nausea is starting to lift too but the dreaded heartburn has taken its place! Back for a checkup on Tuesday so going to see about getting a prescription for losec. Only thing that gave me relief on my first. Gaviscon does nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Mistynight

Thank you :) Heartburn is creeping in for me too, especially at night. Not too bad yet though.

Hello, Congrats Mistynight. It's so exciting. I'm 18 weeks now and finally feel better too. No sickness just the tiredness. Have restless legs some nights and itchy skin but all normal. Have my anomaly scan this month. Cannot wait to see baby again. Just felt some movement over the last few days too. No heartburn here yet....I dread it.

I'm 17 weeks and back today for a scan with my consultant. I'm still nervous every time I go! I don't have thr anamoly scan until May but I am excited for that. Providing everything looks good it's the first chance you get to have a really good look at the baby. I find the other scans really rushed.

I think itchy skin is one of those ones they tell you to mention to your midwife if it occurs. So I was told anyway. I'm suffering headaches which I never had with my daughter so ill mention those today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I think itchy skin is one of those ones they tell you to mention to your midwife if it occurs. So I was told anyway. I'm suffering headaches which I never had with my daughter so ill mention those today.

True about the itch, especially if it's your hand and feet I think.Definitely mention it.

Think it's the skin stretching is causing the itch especially around the belly and boobs. I'm lashing on oils and creams but I'll mention it anyway thanks ladies. Have a full full blown head cold today and painful sinus!! Lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Katoverseas

Hi everyone, 18 weeks plus and I’ve no appetite:( once I manage to eat something I’m full of heartburn. Anyone else the same?

Hi everyone, 18 weeks plus and I’ve no appetite:( once I manage to eat something I’m full of heartburn. Anyone else the same?

Yes! But I've been expecting it as I was the same for my daughter. I have a prescription for zoton from my consultant for whenever my patience wears out and I decide to fill it. If its really affecting you try your gp if they're good with pregnancy issues or maybe request a prescription for something at your next hospital appointment. I struggled for ages with my daughter as I was already taking medication for hyperemesis and felt so guilty but once I started I was a new woman and was sorry I waited.

How is everyone doing? Second trimester for most of us? I'm loving it so far but have started to develop SPD. I had it at the very end of my last pregnancy but at 21 weeks its very early this time. Hoping to get a physio referral next week. Also had anomaly scan which was fab and all looks well thank god. I didn't find out the gender this time. Are any of ye planning on finding out?

Doing much better here. The nausea has finally cleared off on the last week and I am enjoying eating with abandon again. Hopeful the second half of the pregnancy will be a doddle now. I was starting to feel very low with the persistent nausea so could do with a little break from pregnancy symptoms.

I had a scan at 17 weeks with my consultant and she was fairly sure it was a boy. The anonoly scan is booked for the Tuesday after the bank holiday. I'll be 22 weeks then so should have a clear view. I've been convinced it's a boy all along though so I'd be surprised if it isn't.

That's tough on the SPD. Were you able to continue working last time round? I'm likely to finish up in July as I don't fancy working to the 11th hour this time round.

• Advertisement

Pudner7 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? Second trimester for most of us? I'm loving it so far but have started to develop SPD. I had it at the very end of my last pregnancy but at 21 weeks its very early this time. Hoping to get a physio referral next week. Also had anomaly scan which was fab and all looks well thank god. I didn't find out the gender this time. Are any of ye planning on finding out?

Same here... :( SPD from around 26 weeks last time. It never went away fully, and I definitely noticed it creeping up again already... the up-side though is that I know what it is now and I've asked for physio referral as soon as I had my booking appt. I've attended the group session already and they have me in the books. If it gets worse earlier or worse in general at least I should be able to call them to get an appt.

Didn't have nausea but heartburn from the start, hasn't gotten any worse but I had it more with first pregnancy, and this time it's not as bad. I've stocked up on Gaviscon and friend recommended getting GP to prescribe Xantec (?) to help with it, so I'll ask for that if it gets unmanageable. I hate being pregnant :( (sorry, not being insensitive to those who would like to be but can't, just that I thought I'd enjoy it and it would be a wonderful "glowing" time, and it's disappointing that it's not) just counting down the weeks til the end of it (and a whole lot of other discomforts, LOL... but at least I'll have a little human to cuddle).

Found out it's a boy from Harmony test, had anomaly scan this week and confirmed fetus looks good and looks like his bits are all there. Loved seeing the face and the little feet. Most importantly all the organs looks healthy.

Advertisement