Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭anndub

Thanks Gatica. I'm in Dublin but have gotten a recommendation from my yoga leader so just have to make an appointment now. Have been long fingering hoping it will pass.

I didnt have these symptoms with my first pudner despite her being back to back. I found back labour really unpleasant so am determined to do my best to avoid this time. I had a scan wednesday and baby had his back to my left side so it's not the cause of my sciatica this time.

I did feel a tremendous amount of pressure of my pubic bone before my daughter was born which limited walking. That was the main indicator positioning wasn't ideal.

Hi All.
    Baby boy born Saturday morning weighing 8lb11oz.
    Labour was a doddle this time round with baby arriving 50 minutes after we entered the birthing suite!
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mistynight

anndub wrote: »
    Hi All.
    Baby boy born Saturday morning weighing 8lb11oz.
    Labour was a doddle this time round with baby arriving 50 minutes after we entered the birthing suite!
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

Huge congratulations to you. Sounds like the ideal labour!

I’m two days over sitting here hoping it will happen but fearing an induction is imminent.

Mistynight wrote: »

I’m two days over sitting here hoping it will happen but fearing an induction is imminent.

It was significantly different to my first which took 43 hrs from waters breaking to delivery!

Its hard going over but 2 days isn't really much so lots of time left yet. What's your hospitals deadline date for induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wife went this morning. All good, healthy baby girl. Was like a rocket, from waters breaking to baby emerging less than two and a half hours.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Congratulations!

We'd our little boy 2 weeks ago, about a week early.
    2 hour labour, bit more intense than first time around. He's 4kg, so good bit bigger than his sister was. Glad I'd caught the GD, else he would've been enormous.
    He's thriving but bf has been tough and painful for me. Got his tongue tie released couple of days ago, hope that helps.
    Unfortunate tear, which may be infected ☹️

don't let them tell you how to push, there was no rush, yet I followed instructions to push him out quick and I'm sure that was major reason for tear. Feeling a bit sad I didn't follow my instincts instead

Congrats to you both!

Had the same experience Gatica despite having no coached pushing and no continuous monitoring on my birth plan. When it became apparent I was at the pushing stage quicker than expected the monitor was clamped on and the shouting started as the heartbeat was "dropping" (perfectly normal at the pushing stage).

I'd done a gentlebirth course so was firm on blocking it out and got the head out with no tear but my resolve weakened when my husband joined in (could've killed him) and I ended up with a tear as the shoulders emerged. At least it was quite minior but ive also been kicking myself for letting my resolve waiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Congrats to you both!

Had the same experience Gatica despite having no coached pushing and no continuous monitoring on my birth plan. When it became apparent I was at the pushing stage quicker than expected the monitor was clamped on and the shouting started as the heartbeat was "dropping" (perfectly normal at the pushing stage).

I'd done a gentlebirth course so was firm on blocking it out and got the head out with no tear but my resolve weakened when my husband joined in (could've killed him) and I ended up with a tear as the shoulders emerged. At least it was quite minior but ive also been kicking myself for letting my resolve waiver!

That's exactly it. I know my hubby would've supported me whatever I'd ask for but I wasn't in right frame of mind and I'm sure the tear happened on his head emerging. I had no coached pushing and no continuous monitoring on my birth preferences, but once I was up on the bed they just strapped me down with one. There was no mention of issues with his monitor, so the hurry with the pushing and forbidding me to grunt or make noise was stupid, I wish I'd just coached my hubby to tell them to back off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mistynight

It was significantly different to my first which took 43 hrs from waters breaking to delivery!

Its hard going over but 2 days isn't really much so lots of time left yet. What's your hospitals deadline date for induction?

I think the deadline is 10 days so it could be another week yet! Trying to bank the sleep in the meantime.

It’s not so much the going over as not wanting to have to be induced. Though I believe that’s quite common for first-timers.

I think the deadline is 10 days so it could be another week yet! Trying to bank the sleep in the meantime.

It’s not so much the going over as not wanting to have to be induced. Though I believe that’s quite common for first-timers.

Just because info is power theres a difference of 4days between induction deadlines in the Rotunda and the Coombe which goes to show how little thought actually goes into these rules. I think hollies Street are in the middle at 12 days but I stand to be corrected on that.

If you're really firm on avoiding induction you can request an extension past the 10 days and get a daily scan instead to check on baby, fluid levels and how the placenta is doing.

4 days is a huge amount of time in the latter stages of pregnancy so if youre confortable id definitely something to ask about.

In addition you can request your bishop score at your next appointment which gives a good indication as to whether induction is a good option for you. If the background work has already started induction can be very successful.

I know Gatica, I've actually found my head thinking I may have a third so I can give it another shot! My poor husband said he got totally caught up in the moment when he saw the head plus we had three midwives and a consultant shouting and he'd almost missed the birth moving the car so all his training had gone out the window with the shock! I was 3cm when he left the room only to be met with a midwife running down the corridor to get him ten minutes later!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Gatica wrote: »
    That's exactly it. I know my hubby would've supported me whatever I'd ask for but I wasn't in right frame of mind and I'm sure the tear happened on his head emerging. I had no coached pushing and no continuous monitoring on my birth preferences, but once I was up on the bed they just strapped me down with one. There was no mention of issues with his monitor, so the hurry with the pushing and forbidding me to grunt or make noise was stupid, I wish I'd just coached my hubby to tell them to back off.

Forbidding you to make noise!!Jesus, I'd have given them an earful afterwards.

Advertisement