Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is all Cork county and city Heatons stores closing?

Haven’t they just been revamped recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Is it not all of them across the country? It's unclear but Sports Direct seem to be taking up the old spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

TheChizler wrote: »
    Is it not all of them across the country? It's unclear but Sports Direct seem to be taking up the old spaces.

Heatons and Sports Direct are the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Heatons and Sports Direct are the same company.
    Yeah what I mean is all Heatons stores are becoming Sports Direct. Where they previously had both brands in the same location Sports Direct are extending to the old Heatons space.

Can't remember where I heard that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

From the opposite side of the country (Donegal) and my local Heatons/Sports Direct closed for a revamp and when it re-opened it's now 90% Sports Direct and 10% Heatons. Only a tiny amount of homeware/toys/normal clothing. The rest is Karrimor outdoor stuff and football boots :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Heatons that were first rebranded under the buyout are now Brand Max stores, but TK Maxx brought them to court over the name, following that like the recent rebranding in Castlebar they are Sports Direct but still sell a small amount of homeware and discount beauty care.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,671 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Haven’t they just been revamped recently?

I saw that the Blackpool store has closing down sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I saw that the Blackpool store has closing down sale

Then reopens as sports direct I’m sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A few of them have had closing down sales and then just re-stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

There is a sign in the window of both Ballincollig and Blackpool stores saying that they will reopen as Sports Direct, USC, and Brand Max in February.

They have done similar with other stores around the country

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

satanta99 wrote: »
    There is a sign in the window of both Ballincollig a

Was just coming here to post about this, massive poster sign on the road outside it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mttdhg

Limerick stores gone too.

Sone will be converted to Sports Direct, others a different name of the same face. Kinda sad to see Heatons go, Its always been a nice lil shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

satanta99 wrote: »
    There is a sign in the window of both Ballincollig and Blackpool stores saying that they will reopen as Sports Direct, USC, and Brand Max in February.

They have done similar with other stores around the country
    That's exactly what has happened to their Tralee branch. Brand Max sells similar product to what Heatons sold, USC sells branded fashion clothing, Firetrap etc and Sports Direct obviously the sporting section then.

All former Heatons stores are changing.to this model.

Advertisement