Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal - Upcoming Music Gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

Dream Baby Dream is curated and commissioned by Foggy Notions and Regional Cultural Centre, Letterkenny

March 3rd - Lemoncello + Rachael Lavelle

March 4th - Katie Kim + Elaine Howley

Rory Gallagher Festival Ballyshannon June 1st - 4th 2023

The Festival is a 4-day event from Thursday 1st to Sunday 4th June 2023 and it includes 3 Headline Ticketed Big Top Concerts on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th June 2023. Festival Headline Acts for 2023 in Ballyshannon include Michael Schenker Group, Band of Friends, Eric Gales Band (USA), Pat McManus Band, Laurence Jones Band, Johnny Gallagher & The Boxtie Band, Bullfrog Taste Express (NL), Grainne Duffy Band, Zac Schulze Band and many more - In all there are 30 Acts on 15 Stages over 4 Days in Association with Failte Ireland. 

There are non-stop open-air Free to view concerts on the streets of Ballyshannon, non-stop Pub Blues Rock sessions, Exhibitions, Gigs at the renowned Rory Gallagher Statue in the heart of Ballyshannon.

John R Miller & JP Harris feat. Chloe Edmonstone

Balor Theatre Ballybofey

Date - 07/03/2023 8:00 pm

3 acclaimed Americana artists in one great evening of music.

Declan O'Rourke - An Grainan Theatre October 13th 2023.

David Keenan - Social Live Derrybeg - Wednesday May 3rd 2023

David Keenan will take his Irish Tour to Social Live, Gaoth Dobhair, the counties newest and highly anticipated venue in Derrybeg.

David Keenan has been among the most fascinating new Irish artists of the past ten years.

• Advertisement

Balor Theatre Ballybofey

April 6th

Gweedore July 7 & 8

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I know Stendhal technically isn't a Donegal music event, but a lot of DL'ers would attend it, so:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I got my tickets ages ago on the Early Bird offer 😎

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Same.

They said this is 1st phase of announcements. I do hope other headliners are announced, as I don't think that lineup is strong.

• Advertisement

Pretty weak line up for me too. It's always enjoyable though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont know if its actually sold out or not

Any idea where in Gweedore this festival is held?

Lineup not really my cup of tea but Ash are always great anytime I see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, I don't know where exactly it is. I just got the flyer from a family member who will be playing there.

Viper Central - Balor Theatre Ballybofey May 26th.

Vancouver’s Viper Central rip it up bluegrass style with sweet n' crunchy harmonies and tight melodic breaks that'll make your heart soar, your feet shuffle and your blood curdle.

Canadian roots and the traditions of American Bluegrass, Country, Rockabilly and Old-time influence their ever evolving style. All members of this rotating group contribute original songs but won't hesitate to deliver up their take on an ages-old mournful waltz or bring the house down with a barn-burning bluegrass standard.

The Frank & Walters (Acoustic)

Balor Theatre Ballybofey

Saturday July 8th

Sharon Shannon Mary Coughlan Frances Black & Their Full Band perform live at Ionad Cois Locha Dunlewey Theatre on Sat 6th May 2023.

Balor Theatre Thursday May 4th

Not strictly a Donegal music gig, but might interest folk close to the border.

Imelda May and Damien Dempsey playing in Ebrington Square, Derry, 28th May

Anna Mieke - RCC Letterkenny July 13th 2023.

RTÉ Choice Music Prize (Irish Album of the Year) award winnerAnna Mieke’s deft songwriting and enveloping compositions have asserted her as a vital voice amongst Ireland’s alt-folk genre. The Irish multi-instrumentalist and songwriter based in Wicklow toes the line between folk forms and vivid dreamscapes, drawing on traditional and contemporary motifs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Donegal Town Summer Festival coming up on 30 June:

Qween played there some years back and were quite good.

I saw QWEEN not so long ago, a really good cover band! This looks like a bit of fun.

Pretty Happy - RCC Letterkenny Saturday July 22nd.

Pretty Happy is a 3-piece sister-brother-best friend art-punk band from Cork known for intense theatrical live performances and embracing the idioms and energy of their home city. 

Jake Bugg announced for Buncrana Festival on Saturday 1st of July.

Finally a poster for Buncrana Music Festival 2023.

Tickets are really good value for this at the moment. €25 for day tickets I believe.

Day breakdown for Sult Feile.

Headliners wouldn't be my cup of tea but Ash and Ham Sandwich on the Friday is a good night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Last year it was in Magheragallon, just across from the GAA pitch, presume it will be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Letterkenny Blues and Roots Festival is back this year with a great lineup

• Advertisement

Swimmers Jackson - The Kicking Donkey Bundoran. Saturday September 9th.

I saw these in Dublin a couple months ago and really enjoyed their gig.

Looks like there will be a series of gigs on in The Kicking Donkey later in the year. Good to see a promoter taking a chance with Donegal.

Advertisement