Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Netatmo connection

Options
  • 28-12-2018 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

An elderly friend of mine used to control his Netatmo with the app on his phone. Long story shortened, phone died, new phone and the app will not connect to the controller. I tried restarting the controller not the thermostat) according to the app, get the controller blinking etc to no avail.

The heating is still controlled by the thermo; but of course he want still be able to control it with the app. I see that I could take the controller off its socket and connect it via a laptop.

Anybody know if this is something I should mess with. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gav107

When the original setup was done a Netatmo account would have been created. Use the credentials from this setup to login into the app on the new phone and the thermostats should be there (they should be available via the Netatmo website too).

If that didn't work you'd prob need to reset the relay and resetup (maybe to a new account) .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Check his email account, he should get an email around the start of every month from Netatmo, saying how much energy he used. That will give you the email address he used

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks guys - sorry I've been away where I didn't need a Netatmo :D. I'll look at this in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Netatmo not very user friendly; but I sorted it by reinstalling/ Thanks for your pointers lads.

Advertisement