Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Mortgage Provider

• 28-12-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at fixing my mortgage but want to see what deal I can get.

Mortgage currently has 155 remaining, with 32 years to go. House is valued at 500k and currently on AIB variable paying 2.75%. monthly payment is about €600.

I'm going to put 30k off the mortgage to bring it down to 125 and would like to keep the payments around the same.

Spoke to KBC and theyre offering 2.65 over 5 years or 3.05 over 10. This obviously sounds great, however.... we're both self employed and last year's accounts wouldn't be looking great so I don't know how successful it would be changing provider.

I'm due to meet AIB in a fortnight to see will they do anything off their standard rates, has anyone experience of them doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Have a read of this thread here.

Best rate is 2.3% with Ulster Bank and 1,500 EUR cashback.

Best return might be cashback with PTSB and then switching to BoI one year later and getting cashback there and then switching to Ulster Bank for the lowest rate.

Advertisement