Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Go4Less / BlueInsurance IEC Travel Insurance

Options
  • 28-12-2018 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

As a minor heads up for anyone looking for IEC travel insurance, I'd strongly suggest you avoid Go4Less and their policy. The policy is provided by BlueInsurance but underwritten by White Horse with their claims handled by CEGA Medical Assistance.

I had the misfortunate of having to attend a minor injury clinic in Toronto in September.

The bill arrived a few weeks later and thankfully wasn't too bad (Less than $500). I was tempted to pay it myself but given I had elected for no excess, I said I try claim it.

In short, CEGA have attempted every delay tactic in the book to avoid paying this claim (It still isn't paid).

As a round up:

- They needed full medical history from my GP in Ireland, at my own expense (I have no pre-existing conditions and the injury was really routine.)
    - They needed full travel documents for every trip I've ever taken to Canada.
    - Their response time was about 3 days per email with long periods of radio silence.

My saving grace was the hospital kindly extending the billing date so that my credit (Yes, your credit can be hit) isn't impacted.

In short, the Go4Less travel insurance policy is next to useless. I'd hate to think the run around I'd get if something serious happened. It's a cheap policy for a reason and I learned a huge lesson. I've already taken cover out with other providers as I have no faith in them.

If you want an alternative, I'd recommend TrueTraveller (https://www.truetraveller.com/). I have no affiliation other than when I was looking for other cover they were amazing to deal with. On the downside, it is not cheap.

Advertisement