Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No pay - Cork ETB

Options
  • 28-12-2018 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Did anyone else from Cork ETB Secondary not get paid today. Can’t believe they did this right after Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Are you part time pay? Perhaps check on a voice for teachers Facebook to see if anyone else has been effected?

Give payroll a call and ask them if your hours were put through on time. The deadline is tighter in December and not all days will be included in that pay run. It would be November pay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's related to AIB being closed yesterday. AIB customers will get pay tomorrow, non AIB Mon

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

That is very unfair. Surely the ETB knew this going into the Christmas period.

The Driver, surely the ETB would process the hours before this during Christmas week. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Eimee90 wrote: »

Are you seriously expecting Cork ETB to have control over the internal banking systems of AIB????

There's a whole heap of people giving out on the other thread about the DES delaying pay, but it really isn't your ETBs fault if your bank decided to close on what is normally a working day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I was paid to my AIB account on Friday as expected by a different ETB.

Eimee90 wrote: »

Are you seriously expecting Cork ETB to have control over the internal banking systems of AIB????

There's a whole heap of people giving out on the other thread about the DES delaying pay, but it really isn't your ETBs fault if your bank decided to close on what is normally a working day.

Christ above, did someone rain on your parade today? There’s no need to be rude. My bank isn’t AIB by the way, that’s why I was confused about the whole affair. It got sorted anyway.

I was paid to my AIB account on Friday as expected by a different ETB.

Thanks, for the reply. It got sorted on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Every experienced teacher knows that (1) Christmas is expensive and (2) Christmas pay for teachers is unreliable, both from ETBs/schools, and from banks.
    You need to be prepared for short delays at this time of year, and not go into panic mode if they’re a day or two late.

RealJohn wrote: »
    Every experienced teacher knows that (1) Christmas is expensive and (2) Christmas pay for teachers is unreliable, both from ETBs/schools, and from banks.
    You need to be prepared for short delays at this time of year, and not go into panic mode if they’re a day or two late.

To be fair I’m an experienced non permanent teacher. I’m still subbing with no guaranteed paycheck each month. I did panic because my landlord doesn’t accept I wasn’t paid on the day and yes I do prepare, but one has to be paid on order to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

RealJohn wrote: »

Many experienced teachers would love to be on the same payscale as other experienced teachers, and that's before we begin to talk about the precarious working hours or the increased costs of rent experienced by the teachers you're looking down your nose at tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

at this stage, the pay issue in OP should be solved. If you want to give feedback, it would be recommended to contact the ETB directly or through your Principal. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement