Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Support (Port Forwarding F2000)

• 28-12-2018 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir,

I have set up port forwarding on a Eir F2000 VDSL router to permit open ports for a Hikvision CCTV system such that video from a can be viewed remotely (off site). Unfortunately however it would appear that there is an issue on the ISP side with this functionality as ports appear to be blocked when tested. I have also noticed that this is not uncommon when I searched this forum. 

I would have assumed that it would be a simple case of contacting customer support (as there would be some business for Eir in that I would also be requesting a Static public IP and paying the necessary fee). 

However this is not the case..first Eir online chat.....based in India....told me my router is working fine ....and that my query would be passed to the technical dept to answer. The chat was then ended needless to say I was not passed to any technical department.

Second I attempted to ring broadband customer support after navigating through the various menus I was informed by the automated service that there is 30min of call queues. 

I have also looked to email customer support directly with my query and further business request to be informed that the email platform is not available as it is being upgraded.

It is highly ironic that Eir is meant to be a communications company yet I cant communicate with it despite paying for the service! 

Eir, can this request please be passed to the necessary department for resolution.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi Eir,

I have set up port forwarding on a Eir F2000 VDSL router to permit open ports for a Hikvision CCTV system such that video from a can be viewed remotely (off site). Unfortunately however it would appear that there is an issue on the ISP side with this functionality as ports appear to be blocked when tested. I have also noticed that this is not uncommon when I searched this forum. 

I would have assumed that it would be a simple case of contacting customer support (as there would be some business for Eir in that I would also be requesting a Static public IP and paying the necessary fee). 

However this is not the case..first Eir online chat.....based in India....told me my router is working fine ....and that my query would be passed to the technical dept to answer. The chat was then ended needless to say I was not passed to any technical department.

Second I attempted to ring broadband customer support after navigating through the various menus I was informed by the automated service that there is 30min of call queues. 

I have also looked to email customer support directly with my query and further business request to be informed that the email platform is not available as it is being upgraded.

It is highly ironic that Eir is meant to be a communications company yet I cant communicate with it despite paying for the service! 

Eir, can this request please be passed to the necessary department for resolution.  
    Hi nogoodnamesleft.

I do apologise about the waiting times. We are currently experiencing a large number of calls. In regards to your query, I would recommend that you contact our technical support team directly on 1890260260. They would be more than happy to assist you.

thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

Hi nogoodnamesleft.

I do apologise about the waiting times. We are currently experiencing a large number of calls. In regards to your query, I would recommend that you contact our technical support team directly on 1890260260. They would be more than happy to assist you.

thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Ahren,

The number I called was 01678 8888 to circumvent the charges associated with the 1890 number. That 01 number was the one with the 30min call queues. Can you give me a direct contact to send the query to rather than going round in circles please (via PM)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

Hi nogoodnamesleft.

thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Ahren,

The number I called was 01678 8888 to circumvent the charges associated with the 1890 number. That 01 number was the one with the 30min call queues. Can you give me a direct contact to send the query to rather than going round in circles please (via PM)?
    Hi nogoodnamesleft.

I have just sent you a PM.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Formal complaint lodged....  

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jimmbo

Hi Eir,

Hi I am in the same boat I have Fibre To The Home with Eir and the f2000 modemand just bought a Hikvision setup. I have not had any luck with Eir tech people they don't seem to know very much about port forwarding on their own routers! Have you had any Joy with getting yours sorted?

• Advertisement

jimmbo wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

Hi I am in the same boat I have Fibre To The Home with Eir and the f2000 modemand just bought a Hikvision setup. I have not had any luck with Eir tech people they don't seem to know very much about port forwarding on their own routers! Have you had any Joy with getting yours sorted?
    Yes, I got mine sorted although no thanks to Eir who are quiet frankly grossly incompetent. To digress sligthly all I heard when I was back home for xmas and mentioing the issues I had was a number of other people complaining about the overcharging scandal with Eir as well as being put on various plans to what they had not agreed to. This is despite Comreg bringing Eir to court relatively recently with Eir pleading guilty.

To answer your query you will need the following:

Reserve a static IP address on your internal network e.g. 192.168.1.10 

Assign a static IP of that address to the NVR and set the correct gateway ip address of your router on the NVR

The default hikvision ports are 8000 (server) Http (80) and the RSTP (554) Https (443) these can be configured to something else if you prefer.

On the F2000 router there is a port forwarding option and you can assign the external ports to map across to the internal ports on the static IP address of your NVR.  80 will be blocked by the ISP you can use something else like 8080 as long as it points to the http port on the the NVR.

The following link is handy although the english isnt great by Hikvision:

https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/3b56a0c6-f61c-4381-866e-dc49e5c30c88.pdf

Regards the static IP, I havent done anything about this yet. Ive used the public IP that is currently on the box and Ill see how long the dhcp lease runs for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭The_Rev

As this is a recent post just FYI, I have setup port forwarding successfully on the F2000 router.

It's under 
       Internet -> Forwarding -> Port Mapping 

It would seem that Eircom are not blocking this service/ports and port forwarding works fine.

Cheers.

Advertisement