Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a game

Options
  • 28-12-2018 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

I got a PSN voucher for Xmas. What should I get?

I have exclusively being playing Rainbow 6 Siege for the last 20 months but wouldn't normally be into FPS.

I like open world games and have finished all the Fallouts + GTAs.

I was thinking about the new Red Dead or Assassins Creed Odessey looks pretty good. Not really into ones with puzzle aspects to them like Tomb Raider or Unchartered.
    Tried Division and didnt like it.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I got a PSN voucher for Xmas. What should I get?

I have exclusively being playing Rainbow 6 Siege for the last 20 months but wouldn't normally be into FPS.

I like open world games and have finished all the Fallouts + GTAs.

I was thinking about the new Red Dead or Assassins Creed Odessey looks pretty good. Not really into ones with puzzle aspects to them like Tomb Raider or Unchartered.
    Tried Division and didnt like it.

Any suggestions?

Horizon zero dawn
    Overwatch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn is a fantastic game, open(ish) world RPG, you haven't played anything too like it before, interesting world and lore if you're into that. Really good voice acting too, and has moments of sheer beauty. One of the best new IPs in recent years.

God of War, The Game Awards GOTY and my own personal GOTY. Very tight game, less open world, stunning graphics and gameplay, voice acting is on point, and even the little lad (boy) is not annoying, and quite helpful at times. Highly recommend this one.

The Witcher 3 for open world games. You won't play anything better on a PS4 for open world at the moment, although Assassins Creed Odyssey is taking a lot of people by surprise. I got it, but wanted to play RDR2 first, so traded it in after about 12 hours, still had only scratched the surface and just bought it again, looking forward to playing it again. But TW3 was easily GOTY when it came out, and still stands head and shoulders above most other games on PS4.

I'm sure someone will come on and recommend Bloorborne and the Dark Souls series. Personally, I hate them, die/repeat games imo. I don't fine it enjoyable at all, but those who did like it seem to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Red Dead Redemption is absolutely incredible , Assasins Creed Odyssey is pretty good too , I've just started that myself and liking it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Went with RDR2.......Took 12 hrs to download!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The last of us would have been my choice. I would also have suggested Bloodborne. Strangely I could never get into Dead Souls or Demon Souls games but for whatever reason BB just clicked with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

gimli2112 wrote:
    The last of us would have been my choice. I would also have suggested Bloodborne. Strangely I could never get into Dead Souls or Demon Souls games but for whatever reason BB just clicked with me.

Played the last of us. Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Sniper Elites are fairly good , enjoyable games.

Ghost Recon- wildlands. A stunning game. MASSIVE map area to travel through , and hundreds of missions/side missions.
    Probably my fave game so far.

WW2 - is very good too. Limited lifespan , but enjoyable to play a few times through.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

greenspurs wrote: »
    Sniper Elites are fairly good , enjoyable games.

Ghost Recon- wildlands. A stunning game. MASSIVE map area to travel through , and hundreds of missions/side missions.
    Probably my fave game so far.

WW2 - is very good too. Limited lifespan , but enjoyable to play a few times through.

If sniper elite is your thing, give zombie army trilogy a whirl. It's great craic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Half hijacking this thread but just got a ps4.
    But what's the best route to go down in terms of games,ps now or just buy what I want separately? (God of war etc)

Have an Xbox so this would be PlayStation only games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

AC Odyssey I'm playing currently. Have put nearly 120 hours into it thus far and I'd estimate I still have a fair chunk of the campaign to get through, it's a bit repetitive but really good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Half hijacking this thread but just got a ps4.
    But what's the best route to go down in terms of games,ps now or just buy what I want separately? (God of war etc)

Have an Xbox so this would be PlayStation only games

PS Now is great, currently you can get Horizon Zero Dawn, but only for another 2 months or so. God of War is gone from the collection, but could be back at some stage. But it also has a shed load of other games, and older PS3/2 titles if that's your thing. It's actually really good value if you buy the year.

Other than that, create a wishlist of games on the store (which you can't access via the console, for reasons), and wait until they go on sale.

Advertisement