Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music on Echo

Options
  • 28-12-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

At the start of December there were multiple reports in the papers that Apple music was going to be available on the echo from December 17th.

The 17th came and went. I called amazon and the cc agent appeared dismissive. She explained that it has come on-line in the US but has no time frame to when it will be available in Ireland or the UK (on that note, she appeared to have some difficulty realising that Ireland was not actuality part of the UK, but I digress.....)

I explained what I saw in multiple publications indicating that there must have been some amazon press release for them all to get similar information.

Anyway, Amazon customer care was of no help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭paulbok

I think a lot of us here just take the default position of new Amazon features not being available here on release after previous dissapointments. Same situation with whisper mode currently.
    There is solace in that everything* eventually becomes available, some don't be long in following.
    *Afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

I understand that, but it’s darn frustrating when amazon issue a global release date with no intention of honouring it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ads20101 wrote: »
    I understand that, but it’s darn frustrating when amazon issue a global release date with no intention of honouring it over here.

When did they issue a global release ?

ted1 wrote: »
    When did they issue a global release ?

I may have made an assumption based on the fact that US, Irish & UK publications all stated the 17/12/18.

A quick google search should corroborate this

I may have made an assumption based on the fact that US, Irish & UK publications all stated the 17/12/18.

A quick google search should corroborate this

First search was this from the Irish site:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT209250

Note it states “Apple Music for Alexa is available only in the United States”

• Advertisement

First search was this from the Irish site:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT209250

Note it states “Apple Music for Alexa is available only in the United States”

Currently out at the mo, but when I get back I will pop up links for the indo, times etc.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t come up on your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

It wasn’t a global release as such - it was announced by Amazon that the feature would be available in the US on Dec 17th. The fact that media here & in the UK picked up on that & reported it doesn’t change the fact that Amazon announced that it was for US customers. Any media reports I’ve read (times, independent, uk express etc) are all simply reporting the same Amazon announcement, which was this:
    https://blog.aboutamazon.com/devices/alexa-play-bebe-rexha-on-apple-music

‘’ The music service will be available on Echo devices in the U.S. beginning the week of December 17th.‘’

Currently out at the mo, but when I get back I will pop up links for the indo, times etc.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t come up on your search.
    So amazon didn’t release it. It was just misreported by local media....

So amazon didn’t release it. It was just misreported by local media....

Boo !!!!

Hey, at least we got to the bottom of this

Thanks lads

Advertisement