Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Squares on ground

Options
  • 28-12-2018 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what these are, I keep seeing them on my walks?

It's like battenberg squares only two squares are white and then what looks like a nail in the centre?

I'll try get a photo! Anyone know what they are all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Odelay

TallGlass wrote: »
    Does anyone know what these are, I keep seeing them on my walks?

It's like battenberg squares only two squares are white and then what looks like a nail in the centre?

I'll try get a photo! Anyone know what they are all about?

Survey markings from where engineers take measurements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Odelay wrote: »
    Survey markings from where engineers take measurements.

I was guessing something similar, why are there so many all of a sudden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I was thinking they were related to the BusConnect project. The main road in my area that is supposed to lose parts of the footpath due to the bus lane expansion seems to line up with the marks they have made. Hence I was thinking it is related, But I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Doubt it is BusConnects as that plan is still at public consultation stage. AFAIR the NTA are supposed to be finally sorting out proper bus shelters for many stops in 2019, it might be that some pavements need to be widened to do so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Your game hasn't loaded in correct textures yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sounds like optical targeting assist for theodolites. Finding and setting up was time consuming back in my day.

If you are observant, you might notice nails in the pavements with a single dent or cross on the head. Surveyors have left them everywhere!

There are a few companies doing massive infrastructural surveying atm, eg. 4sitenetworks, kn networks, and leaving marks.

Advertisement