Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 20 Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Looking like 48(-4) from 6, got Salah back in along with Son and Lovren. Martial, Rashford, Anderson, Ederson and Wan-Bissaka to come. Taking out Salah in the first place was a big mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

37 with 6 to play. The Firmino hat trick didn't seem to do as much damage as I thought. If Fraser does not play, it's an easy 5 from Docerty off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Will be 46(-4) with 5 to play - Fab, Alonso, Hazard, Pogba & Lingard. Very happy with that start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I don't think there's any must-have players right now, there's so many options. Points per million is a factor I look at, which is why I own Auba over Kane.

Fair enough. Personally if I'm paying the top price for a player I want to know they can do the business in any match and I don't get that sense with Auba.

Firmino has more goals against the top 6 in this game today alone than Auba has in all of 2018.

I do see where u are coming from and think I will go Kane after the United game.

Goal aside, he didn't have any other chances. That doesn't compare well with Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭sojustrutz

Well that was a disaster. Need haz and Sterling to run riot tomrrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

41 with only 3 to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    37 with 6 to play. The Firmino hat trick didn't seem to do as much damage as I thought. If Fraser does not play, it's an easy 5 from Docerty off the bench.

99% of those with Firmino will be dead teams. They were his first Anfield goals this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

43 with 4 to go, have no Hazard or City attacking cover tomorrow so that will make or break the week.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Mint Sauce wrote: »

99% of those with Firmino will be dead teams. They were his first Anfield goals this season.
    Yeah draft games are where those goals will be big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is Maitland Niles gonna pip salah to the 2bps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Unless Salah drops off, it's 39 with 6 to play.

Could be a much needed good week after a steady drop recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

26 with 8 to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

64 with 3 to play.

If Hazard and Sane score tomorrow, then my entire front 7 will have scored a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

35 from 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

32 from 5, annoying seeing Button on bench with 9, hopefully Fab can at least get a CS.
    Ended up with the armband on Son, most so because I was arguing that he was a better captain choice than Kane this morning, despite me having the armband on Pogba, I ended up convincing myself that Son was best option. Was never going to captain Salah so not bother about the returns.

Fair enough. Personally if I'm paying the top price for a player I want to know they can do the business in any match and I don't get that sense with Auba.

Firmino has more goals against the top 6 in this game today alone than Auba has in all of 2018.

Purely from watching spurs over the last 6/7 games does Kane look like someone whose going to score bucket loads of goals? Like today when the pressure was really on - how many times was he busting his gut to get in the box to get on the end of a cross or something - look at his goal - he picked it up just pass the half way line and shot from outside the box.
    For 12.6m you got a goal and 1 bps, last week you got a goal and no bps. He's not the main man at spurs at the moment and that's a huge part as to why he's not a must have in most people's eyes.

As others have said there is no must have forward, however if say Bobby gets a goal or two in the next game, then I would be inclined to think he's on the road to be a must have because he'll be back to what his was last year and Pool are a free scoring team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking like 45 from 8....Salah once again potentially rescuing my GW.

Snodgrass, Sane and Martial to go, with Jiminez and Doherty sitting on the bench if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

44 from 6 inc bonus after just been added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

40 from 7.

Alonso, AWB, Anderson and Hazard to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

42 from 6... #grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Purely from watching spurs over the last 6/7 games does Kane look like someone whose going to score bucket loads of goals? Like today when the pressure was really on - how many times was he busting his gut to get in the box to get on the end of a cross or something - look at his goal - he picked it up just pass the half way line and shot from outside the box.
    For 12.6m you got a goal and 1 bps, last week you got a goal and no bps. He's not the main man at spurs at the moment and that's a huge part as to why he's not a must have in most people's eyes.

As others have said there is no must have forward, however if say Bobby gets a goal or two in the next game, then I would be inclined to think he's on the road to be a must have because he'll be back to what his was last year and Pool are a free scoring team.

He does look like someone who will score bucket loads of goals. The fact that he didn't have his best game today and still produced a goal from nothing is a feather in his cap. His all-round contribution is excellent. For 12.6m you're not just getting a goalscorer but someone who can set up the likes of Eriksen and Alli and Son. Not many in-form, 90 minute strikers have that kind of back-up to rely upon.

Kane has produced consistently since late October with the only exception to this being a cameo sub appearance against Leicester. I can't quibble with those results.

Firmino may enter the argument in a few weeks. And I wouldn't write off Aguero returning to form down the line either. But right now, at this moment, the standout striker is Kane. Now watch Poch rest him against Cardiff. ;)

40 (no hit) 5 to play. Okay. Salah saving the day. Back to hiding behind the couch for city tomorrow

He does look like someone who will score bucket loads of goals.;)

What games have you been watching? He’s been closer to the half way line that the opposition box on the majority of games he’s played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

37 (-4) from 7

Small rise OR

Sane, Shaw, Zabaleta (if he plays, AWB if not) & Rashford to go

HEWT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

32 with Fabianski, Shaw, Sane, Fraser and Wilson to go.

Poor and will see a decent drop from 20 odd thousand I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

41 from 5. Going in the right direction again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just checking in as a Robertson and auba owner non salah owner
    That
    Went
    Fine

What games have you been watching? He’s been closer to the half way line that the opposition box on the majority of games he’s played

Only Aguero, Mitrovic and Salah are averaging more shots on goal than Kane in the league.

Of regular performers, only Aguero, Mitrovic, Jimenez and Arnautovic have had more shots inside the penalty area.

Whoscored.com must be watching different games as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote:

I'm glad fotmob has stats now so you can cut through some of the bs you read on here. You're 100% right, Kane had 1 shot today and created 0 chances.

Only Aguero, Mitrovic and Salah are averaging more shots on goal than Kane in the league.

Of regular performers, only Aguero, Mitrovic, Jimenez and Arnautovic have had more shots inside the penalty area.

Whoscored.com must be watching different games as well.

So your saying that Arnautovic and Aguero who both have about 700 mins less football time than Kane has had more shots in the penalty area?

out of curiosity who else is a must have?

So your saying that Arnautovic and Aguero who both have about 700 mins less football time than Kane has had more shots in the penalty area?

out of curiosity who else is a must have?

No, I was talking about averages.

Must-haves right now are Salah, Kane, Hazard and Son. The latter's value obviously is diminishing as the Asian Cup draws near.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I would classify Hazard as a must have but won't get him cause I'll break him

I would classify Hazard as a must have but won't get him cause I'll break him

Everyone I sell is a must-have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

41pts from 7.
    Delighted I didn't go -4 for Kane.
    Most overrated/overpriced forward in FPL!

• Advertisement

Good craic on here today then...

Back inside the top 5K (just!). OR 4990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

11.2K here my highest ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

38 Hazard Sane Rashford Snodgrass and Fabianski to go. Looks OK but that's about it so far. Salah propping me up as ever.

No, I was talking about averages.

Must-haves right now are Salah, Kane, Hazard and Son. The latter's value obviously is diminishing as the Asian Cup draws near.

So Robbo or VVD who are half Kane's price and scored very much close to him points wise in the period that you quoted above are not must halves despite offering way better value?

In the same period you picked, Sterling has outscored Kane, but you don't see him as must have?

Hazard has scored goals in 2 of his last 11 GW's. Whereas Auba has netted in 4 games

This year there is no striker that is must have at all, even in midfield there are many different combinations that are working. G&R went budget on defenders and it was very similar points wise over a period of time against premium defence.

At the moment, the only players I would say that are must halves are Salah, Robbo/VVD- or double up, and then have one of Anderson/Ricky.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Delighted I didn't go -4 for Kane.
    Most overrated/overpriced forward in FPL!

Don't say that too loudly in here:rolleyes:

Only dropped 3k to 30k with Kane captain and no salah
    Fabianski alonso Anderson martial and sane to go

Could go either way
    More than one way to skin a cat ......

Don't say that too loudly in here:rolleyes:

He's just not consistent enough.
    3 of his goals were penalties, whereas 1 of PEA's was.
    https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/att_pen_goal

So Robbo or VVD who are half Kane's price and scored very much close to him points wise in the period that you quoted above are not must halves despite offering way better value?

In the same period you picked, Sterling has outscored Kane, but you don't see him as must have?

Hazard has scored goals in 2 of his last 11 GW's. Whereas Auba has netted in 4 games

This year there is no striker that is must have at all, even in midfield there are many different combinations that are working. G&R went budget on defenders and it was very similar points wise over a period of time against premium defence.

At the moment, the only players I would say that are must halves are Salah, Robbo/VVD- or double up, and then have one of Anderson/Ricky.

The top 4 players ranked on form according to FPL are in order: Son, Salah, Kane and Hazard. Auba and VVD are tied for fifth.

As for Sterling, he was must-have several weeks back but his form has derailed. You said yourself Firmino would enter the conversation if he keeps his form of today up. When has Kane's form derailed?

Kane is the must-have striker right now as his stats attest. No other striker is producing that level of consistency and the figures say it all. All you have as a counter-argument is that he drops deep. Who cares if he's producing. He can go for a pint with the stadium announcer for all I care as long as he's producing a goal or an assist.

Let's hear your ideal front three then.

He's just not consistent enough.
    3 of his goals were penalties, whereas 1 of PEA's was.
    https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/att_pen_goal

Not consistent enough? Auba blanked twice against Liverpool, blanked against Wolves, blanked against United and blanked against Southampton in the same time that Kane's only blank was a late sub appearance vs Leicester.

Not consistent enough? Auba blanked twice against Liverpool, blanked against Wolves, blanked against United and blanked against Southampton in the same time that Kane's only blank was a late sub appearance vs Leicester.

Are you messing?!
    Kanes blanks, no goals or assists were:

Newcastle away
    Watford away
    Liverpool home
    Cardiff home
    West Ham away
    Man City home

I’m glad I spent the day getting drunk !

Let's hear your ideal front three then.

If Kane was valued at 17m would he still be a must have because of his returns??

He's not returning for the price tag he's at and hence he's not a must have. Instead of having 12.6m tied up in him, you could have a much cheaper striker and have 3 premium defenders or more premium mids for instance, who would provide better returns.

People get caught up on comparing him with other strikers as oppose to comparing what you can get for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

KevIRL wrote: »
    Good craic on here today then...

Pure fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Are you messing?!
    Kanes blanks, no goals or assists were:

Newcastle away
    Watford away
    Liverpool home
    Cardiff home
    West Ham away
    Man City home

In last 10 he only blanked once. He played 16 minutes in that game.

Bringing up gw1-10 stats when we are at gw20???

• Advertisement
Advertisement