Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reality for lots of Irish Landlords

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Emotion driven drivel. Nothing of substance there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Agreed, nothing here. No backstory, no details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

40 square meters is a studio apartment, or maybe a one bed apartment.

As she has a child now, they have to get rid of their place, and rent a two bed apartment.

IMO, you shouldn't ever buy a one bed apartment, unless you've retired and have no kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"He rubs the Indonesian coffee table, made from a single block of wood that we bought in Camden Street....."

Drivel, pure drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Negative equity is still here. Out there in the public opinion of landlords swimming in thousands of euro per month is reality. It isnt easy and for many was never a concious decision to become a landlord.
    I think this is summed up nicely in this article.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/the-end-of-negative-equity-he-laughs-i-cry-it-s-the-only-place-we-ll-ever-own-together-1.3735259?mode=amp

Everybodies situation is a bit different,
    The house I have is still worth way way less than I paid for it, but the tracker I have balances things out over the life of the mortgage, (so as long as I don't have to sell)
    The rental it'd achieve now is far higher than when I bought it.. But to be honest when it was rented it was just grief dealing with Tenants,
    But if you're lumbered with having to rent it out, and have a succession of crappy tenant experiences, and can't afford to get rid then it's a real pain...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

"He rubs the Indonesian coffee table, made from a single block of wood that we bought in Camden Street....."

Drivel, pure drivel.

Have to agree on that one.

Advertisement