Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boundary of leashold property

• 29-12-2018 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

I own an apartment on the first floor in a student village I have PRA papers which show plans of my apartment....or do they
    Said plans state I own and I am responsible for areas within the barrier as defined by a red line, but the red line goes through the most consensus areas. So am I responsible for inside the red line or inside and the red line area as well

ie the widows
    the ceiling
    the patio doors
    the ventilation grills

I understand that Lawyers and property boundary experts can be consulted, but best not to

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,809 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Have you read the lease? What does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

I do not have the full lease but i do have floor plan and notes said notes state inside red line on floor plan is my responsibility, but said red line goes through the windows.
    I have read a full lease before and cannot remember designation of responsibility for windows doors patio balcony ceilings ventilation holes

As far as the ceiling is concerned then it would seem to be in effecct a piece of cardboard half (roof facing side of cardboard) owned (responsibility) by the management company and half owned (room facing side of cardboard) by the resident....hence if the tennant pokes a hole in the cardboard by hitting it with a ladder then he pays

If the manangement company damage the cardboard by way of a leaking roof then the management company pay for the repair

Advertisement