Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brother mfc-j5320dw paper jam. tried everything

Options
  • 29-12-2018 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to print on my brother printer all day and its constantly jamming the paper. At first when i install one sheet of paper, the rollers at the back isnt catching it properly. Its squashing it up when the rollers get a hold of it. When i try again by sliding the tray in from the front with the back opened, if i slide the paper under then try to print, the paper is getting squashed again. anyone know what the problem is here and how to rectify it.

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Have you checked for a foreign object in the paper path ?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Have you checked for a foreign object in the paper path ?

Checked it, nothing there. Just constant jamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

have you checked all the sheets of paper that came out to make sure no pieces are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Open it up and look for foreign bodies inside - including bits of paper :D

Turn it upside down and give it a shake... you'll be surprised what can fall out... perhaps try gently pushing a piece of stiff card thru the rollers (the same way the paper feeds) and see if that can dislodge something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Turn it upside down and give it a shake... you'll be surprised what can fall out... perhaps try gently pushing a piece of stiff card thru the rollers (the same way the paper feeds) and see if that can dislodge something

I was given a paper jam printer to fix a few weeks ago. Tried everything without success, so turned it upside down and shook it - eyeliner pencil fell out! Owner doesn't use eyeliner so must have been family......that she swore didn't use her computer or printer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

turned upside down, and still doing the same :(

kingbhome wrote: »
    turned upside down, and still doing the same :(

I'd try the thick card as well ..other than that it's probably a bin job unfortunately.

Advertisement