Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biathlon, anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It would, without a doubt, be classified as "combat shooting","dynamic sports shooting" and anyone in it is arrested as planning on training an ISIL hit team on skis in Ireland.AGS would drag inspector Google out of retirement no doubt,to regale the court on how it's ancestry DOES go back to the Russo Finnish war and WW2 and that crack Finns and German units used it to hold off and invade the peace-loving Soviets in the Winter war of 39/40:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes it IS that feckin stupid here!!:mad: If they allow this kind of shooting, they have to allow IPSC as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Well it's not as though they shoot whilst skiing, is it? In a few of the Nordic nations, like, all of them, they do this in the Summer with air rifles and roller blades - great fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I watch it most weekends when it's on, makes fantastic television. I sometimes forget that Europsort covers a shooting sport for most of the winter. Amazing athletes and the shooting is impressive considering how out of breath they must be.

It was my main activity sport for eighteen years, until they changed the centrefire service sniping rifle into a snappy-action .22RF. At that point I lost interest, bearing in mind what biathlon was started for in the fust place. Skiing 30k to shoot a .22 at 50m didn't seem to be in the spirit of the thing, somehow.

I don't play airsoft, either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

The UK has a new version which is all weather and fast growing. Uses Air Rifles.

https://www.targetsprint.com/

• Advertisement

Great stuff, eh?

Advertisement