Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under Tile Heating Mat

Options
  • 30-12-2018 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I am going to be doing up a bathroom and want to install undertile heating mat, anyone, recommend any particular one

thanks
    xl500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Devimat. Don't get it too big as you will be trying to lose the excess.

https://devi.danfoss.com/united_kingdom/products/heating-mats/i-39-devimat-200t/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Just an idea to think about..I think these are better than under tile mats. They provide instant heat, the cabling is already there and it's a combined unit with a fan and a light.

https://www.taps4less.ie/PP/BH-A716FW.html

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

The devi mat would be the best way to control the heat and it would be cheaper to run. Ask your tiller for the size mat you need

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Your tiler will need to avoid where the sanitary ware is so the fitter will not drill through the cable. They are great, any idea on what sort of controller you are going to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

dingding wrote: »
    Your tiler will need to avoid where the sanitary ware is so the fitter will not drill through the cable. They are great, any idea on what sort of controller you are going to use.

I am Going to use a manual controller as I want to switch it from my Evohome system

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Interested in these guys myself. I assume this is only used as a top up heating system when you are actually in the room with the pad.

Is there much of a lag between switching them on and feeling a warm floor? Or are they just used to take the sting out of a cold tile floor and not actually warm the floor as such?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭twignme

I have had a devimat in my shower for 7 years and it is brilliant. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭wandererz

twignme wrote: »
    I have had a devimat in my shower for 7 years and it is brilliant. Highly recommended.

Speak to Glenergy in Kilcoole, Co Wicklow.

Looking back at my invoices, they supplied me with "Calorique Warm Tile" for my kitchen.

It's fantastic. Dead easy to install (for my tilers & electrician).

I went with the Heatmiser Neo Thermostat, so it can be controlled remotely as well (via mobile app).

Jonathan is the main guy there & he knows his stuff in this area.

Didn't put it into the bathrooms myself for several individual reasons but works great in the kitchen under tile and throughout the rest of the main rooms under (engineered) wood flooring.

Advertisement